So, whos next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ever have a band that you hear enough about that you want to get into them, but just dont seem to have the time with all the other great music whirling around out there?

I do, and I target a band occasionally that I expect to be able to get into, sometimes I do, sometimes I dont....

Next for me is...

Rilo Kiley.....

what about you?

I've been listening to a bit of Rilo Kiley lately too. From what I've heard, they've got a sort of Belle And Sebastian-like sound. Which is good. :cool:

I'm hoping to pick up their More Adventurous album the next time I get out to the record store.

u2valleygirl said:
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, I know nothing about.

very, very good choice!

I'm such a compulsive downloader that there's not many artists I've heard of that I haven't gotten a few albums by.. but that doesn't mean i've heard 'em all so. hmmmm. I don't really know.

Andrew Bird is quite awesome and I just got into him the other day.

Jimi Hendrix :)|) I still don't know much about him yet. I started wanting to after hearing a couple of his songs that I thought I wouldn't like. Also The Holy High Days.:) And Big Audio Dymamite after hearing, "James Brown." :wink: :happy:

Last edited:
The recent M Ward thread reminded me that I should check more out by him. I heard a couple of songs a long while back and really liked them, but never really found out more.

apostle of hustle.

i can't believe i haven't heard a single song by them yet.

...and i call myself a CANADIAN!!!!

:angry:

Cute Irish Bono said:
Jimi Hendrix :)|) I still don't know much about him yet. I started wanting to after hearing a couple of his songs that I thought I wouldn't like. Also The Holy High Days.:) And Big Audio Dymamite after hearing, "James Brown." :wink: :happy:

the only big audio dynamite worth hearing is the first album this is big audio dynamite.

that, and the song "around the girl in 80 ways" from megatop phoenix

other than that, they pretty much sucked. and it's a very rare thing that you'll catch me saying anything negative about non-cut the crap post-clash stuff.

A friend is encouraging me to listen to some Luna, so I guess that's on the list. And I have been seriously remiss in my Catherine Wheel and Wilco education. So I've a bit of listening to do yet. :)

IWasBored said:
the only big audio dynamite worth hearing is the first album this is big audio dynamite.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on that. Maybe I'm biased because my brother and dad used to play it constantly when it first came out. But in any case I still love B.A.D.'s 1986 album No. 10 Upping St. It seems rather hard to find, but with tracks like "V. Thirteen" and "Hollywood Blvd." I think it's worth a try. :)

You know, after hearing some of you here talk so much about Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, I started paying some attention whenever their songs would be played. And as of now, I've now managed to hear, like, three of their songs, and I'm finding them kinda interesting from what I've heard, so I might be looking into them in the near future :).

Angela

To keep this thread on topic though, here are mine...

Motion Picture Soundtrack (http://www.motionpicturesoundtrack.com). I found them on MySpace.com of all places. I was floored with what I heard of them on there. Unfortunately they aren't really obtainable here in the states. There are many others I would like to experience eventually. Most of them seem to be listed as favorites of many members here (most noteably meegannie, and mvd). :)

Last edited:
A friend gave me Modest Mouse over the weekend. I only knew what I'd heard here and there and seen on TV but hadn't actually heard a whole record yet. I listened to it on my flight. I like.

The new Tori Amos coming out tomorrow won't exactly expand my music listening since I'm already a huge fan but it will certainly occupy my music listening time for awhile... at least until I get HeartlandGirl's mix. :hyper:

Rilo Kiley is a great choice, I Love them... execution of all things is their best, I think.

As for me, I'm giving Wheat a listen, I love one of their songs (Closer to Mercury) cuz it played all the time at my place of work. Also I'm getting a Police album since i only know a couple of songs of theirs.

Wilco (have never heard a song of theirs. Ever.) :reject:
The Arcade Fire
The Futureheads
Rilo Kiley

I'm sure I'll think of more later

Had a listen to Eisley, and it was, meh, too pretty. Reminded me a lot of Leigh Nash from Sixpence Nonethericher.

Next on my list: M. Ward

lmjhitman said:
Had a listen to Eisley, and it was, meh, too pretty. Reminded me a lot of Leigh Nash from Sixpence Nonethericher.

Next on my list: M. Ward

Do that now, M Ward is released today actually.

As for Rilo Kiley, Im liking what I have, which is The Execution of all things. But its still growing....gotta give it time.

Back
Top Bottom