So who's buying the Elbow album this week? (US release)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I think I will. (though I admit to having only heard 2 of the songs 1 time each)

Hopefully they still have some of the mellow 'prog' kinda stuff like the last album. I dug that.

um I am. I still do not have it - what am I thinking? I have had the MP3's since before it came out and love it. So yes I am finally getting it this week.

DiGi said:
um I am. I still do not have it - what am I thinking? I have had the MP3's since before it came out and love it. So yes I am finally getting it this week.

How does it compare to the first? I admit that I havent really heard much from it.

u2popmofo said:

How does it compare to the first? I admit that I havent really heard much from it.

Overall - hmm....I would say very comparable at times I think I like it more and other times I like the first album better. Worth getting though. I think if Newborn was not on the first album I would without question like the new one better. just my opinion though.

yay, everybody get it! ;) I have it and think it's wonderful. It is different from the first one in a lot of ways...like digi said, I think it's hard to decide which would be better. It's not as mellow as the first one, that's for sure. There's one song on it ("Switching Off") that Elbow has said is like their first album, but other than that, they are more upbeat, for lack of a better word, on the 2nd one.

Sweet, sounds like I'll enjoy it. I'll tell you how I like it tomorrow. :up:

I've got away messages with that in it, my ex-girlfriend's especially fond of grace under pressure, but she never knew what the "angels" were saying at the end. well sweetheart, that's it, bitch!

fallen angel's awesome. is coming second on the first album or this?

elbow seems to have a lovely website as well, i love graphically pleasing websites.

yeah, Coming Second is from the first one. I'm not sure which of the two I prefer at this point.

Back
Top Bottom