so...when should i go blonde?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

when should i do the deed?

• now!! why wait?

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • february, do it for valentine's day.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • march, for spring break. that's the first time summer seems to be just around the corner.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • april. (i WILL be blonde by the end of april, so may and beyond isn't an option.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
i've made up my mind. right now, i've dyed my hair black. i'm sick of it and i want to be blonde again. however, i'm not sure when to do it though. i think it's too cold right now to go blonde. to me, blonde is definitely a summer colour, and having blonde hair in mid-january when it's below freezing 80% of the time would be depressing.

also, i've included what shade i'm going to do. i've already bought the box, cuz i know it'll keep for like six months. i think i'll be blonde before july. :wink:

Attachments

• colour.jpg
    colour.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 114
Question :der:

How can you get black hair blonde with that hair die?
Dont you need to bleach it out?

oooh, pretty color! Just do it now, or go a few shades lighter every few months until summer.

i've always wanted to get blonde streaks in my hair. im too chicken and my mom told me it would make me look like something i can't repeat on here:|

That's a gorgeous colour.
Mine will be blonde again before June. I suppose. My hairdresser really just does what she feel like on that day. Right now I have strawberry-blonde.

What colour is your hair *naturally?*

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
What colour is your hair *naturally?*
hehe, i don't know. i touch up before my roots get too long so i can't really determine what colour that is coming out of my scalp. i think it's some sort of reddish thang, like auburn or something.

btw icelle, there are home kits that just do streaks. feria makes some where you don't have to deal with annoying caps and such. it's got like a comb and you just put the dye in and comb it through. also, that l'oreal colour is cool. it's $21, but it's worth it. it's an all over colour and highlighting kit, so it's two processes in one. it's super new, i couldn't even find it at wal-mart. :lol:

i forgot to post the website link in the first post. :D

Oooh....I like that color!

I say do it now since you're sick of your black hair. And maybe blonde hair will add a little summer to the wintertime!

That's the same shade of blond that my hair is, but I go to a salon to have it done. I don't trust myself to do it out of a box. I would say go for it now,and good luck with the results. :wink:

blondes do have more fun...or at least get more compliments.
I had blonde streaks/foils last year and LOVED it.So many people commented how much younger I looked. But it grows so quickly and for me is expensive to upkeep (I have to buy a new car asap).
My hair did go noticeably lighter after just a couple of days at the beach. One woman suggested of all things...LEMON juice!!( another of the 101 uses for a lemon brought to you by cass). I wish I was brave enough to use a home kit.I paid a hair dresser last year to dye my hair back to it's original colour( warm dark blonde she tells me) It cost $60Aus...ouch.I can't afford that really. I never dyed my hair till I started getting grey at 40...boo hooo. If you are young, enjoy your natural colour and health as long as you can imho.
I might investigate henna, you can buy that cheaply, but I don't think you can control the shade it goes, you end up with variations on flaming red...eeek!
Black to blonde...go for it KR.You could be incognito for a while. Do it for yourself for Valentine's Day. I bought myself roses last year for the first time...we deserve it.
Is your hair really short or long? Post pics please.
My son has very long hair and a couple of years ago I dyed it jet black for him. It looked great, so shiny and healthy. But like me it requires 2 boxes of dye product..he's saving for a car too.
I can see me ending up with very short hair in the next few years and for me that will be a sad thing.
You will look great...spring is in the air. Have fun.

Ali Rose said:
i TOTALLY thought you were already blonde. :ohmy:

I dont know why i just had a feeling. Shows how wrong i was.
i was blonde before. i'd had it dyed blonde since like april 2002, and then dyed it black in september i think. i made a thread about it in lemonade stand then.

btw cass, my hair is kinda longish i suppose. i've cut several inches of it off, but it used to go like halfway down my back. now it's a couple inches past my shoulders. :D

i'll be sure to take some before and after pics whenever i get it done. :D

weeell...i dyed it last night. it came out a lot more red, but it was mainly because of course, the bleach didn't completely bleach my hair. the second time around will look better, i know. i'll post pictures whenever i get them developed if anyone wants to see them.

i dyed it again because it looked cool, but too unprofessional to be applying for jobs now that i won't be going to school this semester.

i didn't use the same thing this time, but it looks awesome. i will take pictures tomorrow. i'll make sure to use the camera that's about to run out of film. then i will get them processed in an hour, for free thanks to my groovy discount.

Back
Top Bottom