So, what kind of weather radio do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
And what kind should I get?

I was watching the Weather Channel today (mmm...Weather Channel... :drool: ), and it occured to me that I may run into some dangerous weather this summer. I think I may carry a weather radio in my car with me, since the WC forecasts I'll see in the morning may not pertain to the place 500 miles away that I'll be in that evening or driving through that afternoon.

Those of you who live in places where weather matters, whattya think?

i've never had one...even when i was a kid growing up on the farm in central texas, we never had a weather radio either. i've always thought about getting one tho, i don't know why i've never gotten one...living here in dallas in tornado alley it is probably something i should look into getting :shrug:

what kind of wearther radio do i have? one that doesn't work. :| therefore i know that you shouldn't get a really old...uh....something or other...it doesn't say...cheap piece 'o crap

martha, if you pass through here in a couple of weeks I'll have to invite my best friend to have coffee with us and you can bond over the weather channel and he can tell you what kind of weather radio he has. He is obsessed with the weather. The weather channel is like his blankie. Naturally he was ecstatic on our recent trip to Denver to see the Chili Peppers when he accurately predicted a tornado pattern moving across the horizon. I think he was secretly praying for a tornado during the concert. :| (Instead we got Flea. :lol: )

ooh i have one, i got it for my hubbie for christmas. he loooooooooooooooooooooves it. he tells me all the time how it's the best present he's ever got (aside from his xbox of course) and it's so cool. in a way he likes it better than the xbox, because he asked for the xbox. however, he didn't ask for a weather radio. i just thought he'd like it since he's interested in weird things and i knew it'd be a new toy for him.

i got mine at radio shack, it's their brand i believe. i got it for like fifty bucks. i can tell you this much: it's been really helpful because it alerts you before anything else will, like television and such. and it's cool because if the weather is REALLY bad, you hear a person and not a computer. that's when you know to put your head between your legs and...you know the rest.

I saw one yesterday at Radio Shack for 20 bucks. It's about as big as a cell phone. I may go back this week and take a look at the manual to see if it does what I want it to do.

I really don't want to go to Fry's. They suck.

Our NOAA weather radio is also from RadioSnack. It has worked well so far, even when the power has gone out.

:heart: NOAA weather radio :heart:

Edit: Also, it is the $50 flavor. And it's loud enough to wake the dead. :up:

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:
And it's loud enough to wake the dead.
:yes: omigor, the weekly test here is on wednesdays at like 11 am (i say like because it goes off at odd times, like 11:10 or sometimes even later like 11:30) and it always startles me. after over six months now, you'd think i'd be used to the thing going mental every wednesday, but nooooo. at least it prevents me from sleeping in and missing my soap, which comes on at 11 am.

Back
Top Bottom