so what did you do for christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Even though it's not my holiday, i absolutely love christmas and this time of year so I will have to live vicarously through everyone else so tell me what you all did :D

I didn't get to sleep until really late last night, nearly 5am, so I just watched the snow getting heavier and heavier while I sat in bed trying to get some shut eye. I was really fascinated by the fact we got a white christmas. It snowed all day.

My brother woke me up at about 8.45am but I was too tired to get out of bed, he kept asking me to get up so he could open his presents but I slept on and at 9.15 he came in and stole my blanket and made me get up. I made him wait a while longer because I wanted some water and then my sister and I told him we would go and open our presents. The whole family opened their gifts and then my Dad brought in a dvd that he got made from a really really ancient piece of film of me on my first birthday with my mum and dad. Unfortunately the sound was lost but it's amazing to see your parents 20 years ago. Technology wasn't exactly great then and it's not the best quality. My Mum got a bit emotional. After that bit of excitement we went for breakfast and sat around for a while. Then we watched another video of my sisters first communion. We had never seen it before. We laughed and laughed at it, it was hilarious. My sisters boyfriend seen it too so we are never going to be able to live down some of the things he seen. He's already told half the neighbourhood about it. After that we looked at some old photos, that caused even more laughter and embarassment.

We got ready for dinner. I curled my sisters hair and then we did each others make up because she bought me a lot for christmas. We had a big dinner (turkey, ham, potatoes, veg) and a nice dessert. Then we watched The Snowman and Love Actually and took lots of photos.

That was my day. :up:

It's a bit detailed, sorry. :reject:

We had a great time in my family with "Dirty Santa" gifts. I have 5 sisters and a brother and with all them and the spouses and the young adults we just buy gift's for male or female and then choose or "steal" from each other. The children open their gifts first then sit around and laugh at us - so called adults - battle over the rest. Then we all go into a triptophan(turkey) coma...
I stuck in a copy of the Joshua Tree album in the CD player this year and we all kept repeating "You still haven't got what, you
stolen from". Oh well, it was funny at the time..:wink:
Merry Christmas all... :heart:

Ate...watch Dodgeball...ate more....watched The Bourne Supremacy..ate more...napped...read my new U2 Show book...and Im ready to nap again...

Nice, quiet Christmas...which is fine with me :wink:

I had some friends drop by with a lovely bottle of wine earlier, that didn't last long.... :wink: But they've eaten and are not driving. Anywho..they called. It's all good..
Now I've mixed drinks. :eyebrow: that could be trouble. tomorrow:wink:
Now I'm having white cho.coated pretzels. Oh my God who came up with this idea!!. Anything that happens it's all their fault.

Well, since Christmas officially started a 12:00am, I was outside in the bitter negative degrees coldness shoveling snow, came in (my ears, fingers, and nose itched for half an hour while they thawed) and fell asleep around 1:30 while watching TV, woke up at 11:30am, fed cats double plus treats for Christmas, burned some picture CDs to show my grandma, took a long hot shower, got picked up by parents, went to relatives house all day to eat, open presents, and watch each others' videos and pictures from recent events, just got back, will go to bed to watch TV and eat junk food. :D

My boyfriend's family stayed at our house and we made a Thanksgiving-ish meal for them as a surprise and sat around watching U2 Jammed, Best Year Ever, talked and got wasted. (Yes, in front of his parents... good times!!) :drunk: :)

I'm working this evening which really sucks. My mom has about 50 friends and relatives at her house and I'm missing all the fun and I don't get off work till 1am. Well at least I had a chance to talk to most of them on the phone.Man I hate working Xmas.

HelloAngel said:
My boyfriend's family stayed at our house and we made a Thanksgiving-ish meal for them as a surprise and sat around watching U2 Jammed, Best Year Ever, talked and got wasted. (Yes, in front of his parents... good times!!) :drunk: :)

You rule :up: I'm coming over to you next year :wink:

Some people and myself from my church went to a local prison for juveniles for a Christmas Mass. We do this one Sunday a month. I came home, and later when to my aunt's for a Christmas dinner. There was 22 of us and lots of food. Now I am looking forward to this coming Monday,were my brother and his wife from Kansas will be visiting me for the next week.

Not much. Didn't fall asleep until after 3 am Christmas Eve night, 'cause I was sitting up in my room trying to catch a Squeeze Christmas video I wanted to get (and I did get it).

Woke up a little after 8 Christmas morning, came out and opened gifts with my family, then we had breakfast, later had lunch, and spent the rest of the day watching some of the things we'd gotten for Christmas together and all that, as well as watching some Christmas shows and movies (we watched "Elf" last night-cute movie :)).

Angela

I had a pretty quiet Christmas. Got up early and sat with my mom for awhile. Opened a couple of gifts. Went back to bed, slept until the middle of the afternoon, watched my nephews open gifts, ate, and rested. :wink:

Spent time with the family, went to mass on Christmas Eve, visited my best friend's family and slept, slept, slept.

Back
Top Bottom