So what did you acheive in 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
-Open my own business (Dec 31 will be a full year)
-Concert wise saw a lot of memorable shit; Roger Waters, Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Damien Rice, Snow Patrol, etc
-Went to NY for the 2nd time
-Finally realize I won't stay young forever:wink:

What I failed to achieve; roadtrip through Mexico for a month, buy a new car (hopefully next year)

Lets see 2007

Has been another wasted shit filled year.

Keep telling myself to lose weight, hardly lost any even though I rode my bike everyday, gave up at 3 months.

Failed relationships

Had to start taking blood pressure pills, because I get pissed off sometimes at myself, I have wrote about it in ZooConfessionals a while ago.

Debt

Still in School/living with parents while going to school, cause the bay area rent sucks ass.

Constantly remind my self how much life sucks and write about it in my book.

Hopefully 2008 will be much kinder.

Actually the only good thing about 07 is my friends and I started are first website, and that I go home everyday and chill with my dog who is my best buddy.

Last edited:
- Published my 2nd paper
- Co-authored a parliamentary submission (testimony)
- Got to spend time in the Hague at the international courts
- Secured the biglaw job I wanted
- Bummed around Cape Cod in August with one of my best friends
- Was asked to be a bridesmaid for a dear friend's wedding
- Made a couple of really great friends this summer
- Accepted my grandmother's passing with grace
- Had ego stroked by a special breed of man
- Made decision to stop living with my demon spawn roommate...4 months to go!

-got married

-finished first year of med school

-finally hiked the Franconia Ridge Trail, which absolutely kicks ass

-had two of the most fun days of skiing ever in April thanks to 3 feet of fresh snow

-got and continue to be completely spoiled as a Boston sports fan

- Been in a Drama group for a year

-Welcomed a new brother

-Discovered new music

-Learned to drive

-Been here for a year

:shrug: I`m lame...

Turned 30
Finally got promoted to managing editor
Became a board member for African Well Fund
Became an auntie (one of the greatest things to happen to me ever)
Moved around NYC confidently on my second visit
Rediscovered the euphoria of pop music (Fergie, Gwen, Amy Winehouse)
Met Pete Wentz
Cut 10 inches off of my hair and donated it to charity
Read all the "Harry Potter" books
Joined Netflix to further my education of films great and small

2007 was a tough year for me.

First off, I'm very happy that I remained in good health. But, beside that, not a whole lot of great things happened.
First, my fiancee and I cancelled/postponed our wedding. Then, a few months after that, we broke up, but with a possible chance of getting back together. Then, finally, we broke up for good. So, that was tough, because I really loved my fiancee. But, we did have some issues that I guess couldn't be resolved, so that's the way it goes.
Anyway, I think 2008 should be a better year for me. For whatever reason, I seem to like even numbered years better.

Justin24 said:
Lets see 2007

Has been another wasted shit filled year.

Keep telling myself to lose weight, hardly lost any even though I rode my bike everyday, gave up at 3 months.

Failed relationships

Had to start taking blood pressure pills, because I get pissed off sometimes at myself, I have wrote about it in ZooConfessionals a while ago.

Debt

Still in School/living with parents while going to school, cause the bay area rent sucks ass.

Constantly remind my self how much life sucks and write about it in my book.

Hopefully 2008 will be much kinder.

Actually the only good thing about 07 is my friends and I started are first website, and that I go home everyday and chill with my dog who is my best buddy.

Hang in there mate, some years are better than others.

The only real amazing thing for me this year was that, amidst all of my confusion, I have had no idea where to spend my money, so I got tens of thousands of dollars lying in the bank....

intedomine said:
The only real amazing thing for me this year was that, amidst all of my confusion, I have had no idea where to spend my money, so I got tens of thousands of dollars lying in the bank....
care to share some of that? :flirt:

let's see, my accomplishments:

- went back to school (a great accomplishment for me, especially as i have a 90-something in my history class when history is so not my strong suit)

- relearned how to drive and bought a car (this is the hugest accomplishment! after my accident i'd developed a huge fear of driving, so to be over it is amazing, like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. plus i was able to get the loan through the car company myself with no cosigner!)

- (hopefully) made some headway where my job is concerned so i can get a promotion either here or in another department

- saw a ton of great concerts and met just about everyone i saw :D

the only bad thing is now i have a ton of debt, but oh well. now i have a resolution for 08! :D

Busy year, 2007 was & it flew by!

-My car is finally paid off.

-Closed a couple doors, but opened many others.

-Lost my job.

-Survived the SD fires; volunteered & donated.

-Supported my mother's battle against breast cancer. She is cancer free. Heavily supporting Breast Cancer Awareness.

-Donated to AWF, (RED), ONE, AHA.

-Enjoyed a most magical, amazing, unforgettable 3 week trip to Ireland, Wales, Scotland & England. Met new friends, had a blast with my oldest & dearest girlfriend & travel partner.

-Just became a grandmother.

-Joined the family's ancestral search into our geneology lines (I just LOVE this!!)

-Learned to let things go & to take life one day at a time, each day as if it were the first day of the rest of my life. Live ~ Love ~Laugh.

Looking forward to a Challenging 2008!

2007 has been the best in a long time. I didn't do a lot outside of school but it's more than enough to make up for all of the bad years lately. I've had the most amazing time since January 8, 2007.

-started a life long dream of going to culinary school to become a Pastry Chef.

-met 2 of the most amazing people ever, at school, that I know I'll be friends with for life. Plus many other really great people at school that I hope I'll know for a long time.

-quit my full time job for school. It was the 2nd best decision I've ever made. It was nothing but a toxic environment that I needed to get out of my life.

-have the highest grade point average I've ever had (3.8 and counting). Plus I've managed to get perfect attendance at school, which is huge. Also, :nerd: joined the student council.

-received the job offer of my dreams at a resort in Arizona when I'm finished with school in 2 months. It's only a temporary externship but it could open tons of doors for me.

I didn't manage to pay off any debt, lose weight, or find the man of my dreams but that'll be for 2008! :yes:

- Saw Crowded House

- Met jen, cin and ali!!! :drool:

This year was pretty good all in all. :)

My main goal for 2008 is to lose some of very stupid inhibitions. I say that now, but it's going to be very hard for me to do it. I know that if I let go of them my life will probably end up much better but that's just the person I am.

Had a party and at said party smoked like a million Marlboro 100 Lights with Kieran McConville, Calluna, Zoomerang96, cujo, inmyplace13, DaveC, Zootlesque, Dalton, joerags, Canadians1160 and Windmilllane.

It was shockingly fun.

JCOSTER said:
- Became an aunt for the 4th time.
- Met some interfacers for the first time.
- Saw Bono twice.
- Got my African kids bed nets.
- Got my kids school involved with Product Red.
- Spread the word on Africa.
- Raised money for 60 bed nets.
- Adopted an Orangutan.
- Did alot of fundraising for my kids school.
- Clean swept my house.
- Snowboarded again at 40!
- Got a new truck.
- Got a hamster.
- Put all my photos in albums-(that was a real accomplishment!)
- Challenged some of my fears.
- Had a change in my attitude of looking at certain issues.

This year just went by in a flash. :ohmy:

Started doing Yoga in June.

-Directed a really decent show with a kick-ass lead
-lost 32 pounds and wore my high school prom dress
-turned my son into the 2nd biggest LMJ fan
-passed the English Teacher certification test
-made some cool art and sewed some cool clothes
-survived a desert summer
-apologized profusely for accusing Alex of taking acid (even though it was a JOKE, for god's sake man!)

It was a good year.

arw9797 said:
-received the job offer of my dreams at a resort in Arizona when I'm finished with school in 2 months. It's only a temporary externship but it could open tons of doors for me.

Arizona's pretty close to LA. :hmm: So Cal Interferencers road trip?

Went to NYC for the first time using money I earned myself, not on my parents money.
Met Sting's son at The Police concert on my 21st birthday
Helped create a Democratic majority in the Virginia State Senate

That's all I can think of.

dsmith2904 said:

Arizona's pretty close to LA. :hmm: So Cal Interferencers road trip?

you know it! The first thing I'm going to do when I get a few days off is drive to Joshua Tree park :yes: :love: :drool: My travel wish list for this spring is JT and San Diego. Haven't been to either in a few years.

zuropa_fit said:
-turned my son into the 2nd biggest LMJ fan

:ohmy: I'm sorry but this is owned by my little sister...

smileys55.gif

Well, 2007 wasn't really the best year for me, but I'll try to only focus on the small # of good things that happened:

--Lost a few pounds here toward the end of the year.
--Got to see an Interferencer (Martha, love her!) at a concert
--Ended my "bedroom" drought and received high, high praise and compliments in that area
--Got to see my awesome sister kicking-ass and taking names, playing the #5 Bass drum in her high-school band competitions
--Got to see a number of amazing, amazing concerts: The Bravery, Bloc Party (3x), LCD Soundsystem, The Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, Underworld, The Chemical Brothers, Genesis and a couple smaller festival concerts.
--Went to one of the best concerts of my entire LIFE: Bloc Party #2
And finally,
--Co-chaired my 1st and 2nd courtroom trials. Most nervewracking, completely exhausting and accomplished things I did all year.

A lot of bad, disappointing crap happened this year too, so I definitely want next year to be much, much better.

U2democrat said:

Met Sting's son at The Police concert on my 21st birthday

that's what he told you... :wink:

me:

- lost virginity :ohmy:
- went to just too many concerts: Coldplay, Roger Waters, La Renga, Soda Stereo, The Killers, The Police, Keane
- knew first-hand what casual sex means :wink:
- I'M BUYING A TICKET TO A WWE SHOW HERE IN CHILE TOMORROW :drool: my lifelong dream...
- I finished college

and I don't remember anything else

Headache in a Suitcase said:
absolutely nothing. i've regressed.

You have a better avatar now than you did at the end of 2006. That's something right there.

Here's my thing:

I got to see Arcade Fire and stand close to Regine (not really close, but...). And I got pulled over by a security guard for bootlegging. Come on, that's pretty damn awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom