So What Are Your New Years Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neither do I :shrug: I've been invited to a couple parties, but I might not even be in town.. :hmm:

I have two options. Neither sound too exciting as of right now. One would be to go on a mini road trip with some friends to visit one of our classmates in Iowa. We would be in the car longer than we would be there since on of my friends has to work on Jan 1st in the afternoon and I have to work til 5:00 on NYE. There wouldn't be much time to drive down there and back in order for everyone to work. No thanks.

The other would be, since I currently live with the parents, to go out to dinner with the same group of friends minus the girl from Iowa, then have everyone over here after. The only problem is my parents decided they want to have a small gathering at home with some friends. :| How fun does that sound mixing it up with the old folks? :woohoo: :rolleyes:

randhail said:
Who knows, but one thing is sure - New Years is the single most overrated day of the entire year.
The last deer hunting day of the season is that day and I usually end up doing nothing but watch fucking T.V. the day before

randhail said:
Who knows, but one thing is sure - New Years is the single most overrated day of the entire year.

I think it is too, thats why we go away. When we're away it just seems like any other day. I don't like all the expectations of 365 days to come. Its too much pressure to make sure you have a "good year." :huh:

I'm flying down to Oklahoma City to see the Flaming Lips play. It's their hometown, should be great. The flight schedule is a little nuts: flying out of my hometown at 6:50am on the 31st, get to OKC at 11:50am, then my flight leaves OKC at 6am on the 1st. I'll be way worn out by the time I get home. It will be worth it though. This is the first time I'm doing anything worthy of being mentioned. :D

Depends on if a certain friend of mine can get away or not. If he can't, I'll gladly spend it home with my new PC and a good meal, champagne and movies or music. I'm happy with that. It's just another day, just another night......

neutral said:

:ohmy: Awesome!! So jealous. Have you seen them before, they put on an amazing show. :heart:

:yes: Saw them in September up here in Minneapolis. After the show, I made a promise to myself to see them any time they were in town. Then the New Year's show came up, I just couldn't pass on it.

The other fun part is that I'm going by myself. :lol: 18 year old flying to a city and state I've never been to. It will be hilariously interesting for me.

Last year we went walking in the forest and up a hill where a little church was and some celtic fires, we watched the fireworks and it was quite peaceful and lovely. The year before I was at home and decided to write some stuff down before going out and into the city, and it turned out that I was writing a whole lot of stuff down and couldn't stop writing and then midnight was over and all I had done all NYE was writing. :shrug:

But seriously, it's not a special day for me. I do whatever I feel like, but I don't like to be on big parties or in the city, too crowded and too loud for me.

:mad: I hate the beginning of new year because in feb. are my exams as usual and that's why it's one of the most stressing time in a year!:|

I have not-a-one thing to do or planned for New Year's Eve as of right now. :(

I've been invited to a small party, but it's far away, the people are friends, but not close friends, and there's probably only going to be a handful of people there. No thanks.

I wish there was some awesome concert I could go to . . . . like a few years ago when GIANT had a New Year's Eve concert on the streets of Downtown L.A. The Killers and Paul Oakenfold were the headliners. I was at a lame party and my friends each called me on their cell phones and left messages from GIANT at midnight. They held their phones up so I could hear Oakenfold mixing "New Year's Day" at midnight. All that did was make me sad that I was stuck at a lame party instead of ringing in the new year with my best friends and U2 "New Year's Day".

NYE spent, as usual, celebrating the oldest offspring's birthday. We're doing a road trip to Melbourne from boxing day until some time in the new year, and will probably spend either NYE day or new year's day at Werribee Zoo, where my sister is currently working. We'll hopefully have the place to ourselves, give or take a few others who've decided to spend such a time of year looking at lions and tigers and bears...
:up:

Back
Top Bottom