So What Are Your New Years Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay! Finally found a party we can go to that's not as expensive and hopefully not as nuts as any place in NYC. We're gonna go see a couple of cover bands play at Jenkinson's Night Club in Point Pleasant down the Jersey shore. Maybe there'll be fireworks too!

:dance: :drunk:

I think our New Years Eve plans may turn out to be pretty fun.

We're going out for dinner, and then going to the spa until 11:00 P.M., then up to the highest point on our island to watch all the fireworks at once (and the shows on the neighboring island too) at midnight.

Not bad!

It's hard to find something worthwhile to do on NYE. Not my favorite holiday, personally.

One of my favorite New Year's Eves was a few years back. My wife and I went to a New Years party at one of the local hotels, and that was okay--the best part was after, we drove around for awhile, ended up eating at a Chinese place at 2:00 A.M. and then parking on the beach and making out like teenagers!

Funny thing was, that evening started out badly. We kind of "ended up" at that hotel and we were fighting. but what I remember most is how it ended, not how it began.

Well, it's just ticked over into 2008 here in Melbourne. As the new year began, I was sitting here at home eating a chocolate muffin and reading Mikhail Lermontov's A Hero Of Our Time; I've also been reading Victor Hugo's Les Miserables this evening. All in all a very agreeable New Year's Eve.

2008 is about 10 hours away here where I am. I'm already a little drunk on red wine, so far I have listened to music, surfed the net and also done some work. We are going for a walk into the woods and up a little mountain in the evening. There we will have some hot drinks and watch the fireworks. It will be a clear night so we will have quite a view. I need some fresh air and walking around in a comaratively peaceful and natural surrounding is always good, because I hate New Years Eve in the city with all the crowds and noise.

I'll be spending it with my entire extended family at my parent's house. We do this every year, and it's always a lot of fun. Nothing too huge or fancy - just lots of appy's and drinks, and having fun watching everyone get drunk. We'll watch the fireworks that people across the water set off, and have fun talking and laughing. I'm sure there will be singing at some point! :wink:

New Years Eve - 1. Maybe order a Nancy's Pizza (2 1/2" stuffed :drool: ) and watch Shrek the Third

2. Drink some bubbly (Champane for my parents and sparking cranberry for me)

3. Once midnight hits, my dad is thinking about kicking 2007 out the door :giggle:

New Years Day - Go see Sweeney Todd (and maybe I Am Legend) with my dad

Canadiens1160 said:
Big electronic dance party downtown for me.

That sounds freakin awesome! I hope it's more cool stuff like House and less top 40. :wink:

Miringeltje said:
I'm sick :barf:
So most likely I'll spend NYE in bed.

I'm sorry. :hug: Hope you get to enjoy it anyway and feel better soon!

Happy New Year all. :wave:

home008cg9.jpg

I'll be burning this enormous pile of wood with my family. :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Trust me, it'll look magical later. :wink:

We'll want pics angelordevil :wink:

Mr.Baw - I heard. Maybe you should be plastered prior to going over. And then you can ditch out early. Or tell me what time you want me to call & use that as your excuse to leave. But, that might not work, since you live next door :lol:

Lila64 said:
We'll want pics angelordevil :wink:

Mr.Baw - I heard. Maybe you should be plastered prior to going over. And then you can ditch out early. Or tell me what time you want me to call & use that as your excuse to leave. But, that might not work, since you live next door :lol:
Thanks for the thought...:hug:

I was sleep at 12 o'clock, lol

my mother tryed to wake me up, but it didn't work

If only I could go back in time and warn December 31, 2007 impy what was about to transpire.

I will not be throwing a party for a long, long time.

inmyplace13 said:
If only I could go back in time and warn December 31, 2007 impy what was about to transpire.

I will not be throwing a party for a long, long time.

:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom