So What Are Your New Years Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I havent been a big New Years Eve fan since High School. Typically its lame to me. So I havent been doing anything for the last 5 to 6 years. This year however, I'm going to a neighborhood party with my girlfriend and a bunch of other couples. Should be fun, low expectations though. Just an excuse to be social and consume some beverages. :drunk:

cinnaminson said:
oooh, I live kinda near Werribee Zoo. If it's usually quiet then I might go. I love's me some hippo's and stuff:hyper:

Awesome! My sister lives (or is staying, rather) in Point Cook. She cannot handle the weather, but says the zoo is just brilliant. I'll txt message you, if you like, if it's quiet!
:D

^ Oh I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to spend NYE on Sydney Harbour...maybe next year...I have only had holidays off work once in the last 10 years over xmas/ new years.

As for me. I'll just be eating too much and drinking too much at a friends house. Hoping for a nice hot night :)

I'm heading up to Sydney on the 31st for 3 days :hyper: :hyper: Hopefully we can find a good spot to watch the fireworks on the Harbour ... don't arrive until 7.30pm, so it'll be a made rush from the airport-hotel-harbour :wink:

I NEVER do anything exciting for NYs, so I'm really looking forward to this. And lying on a beach somewhere for 3 days straight :drool:

cinnaminson said:
try to stay awake:yawn:

at midnight we go and stand in the driveway in our jammies and watch the fireworks at the racecourse near my house :rockon:

heheheh i will be standing in the driveway of my house watching the fireworks near my racecourse .

we live in the same town and it has 2 racecourses . :lol:

i may wear jammies if the neighbours are lucky :flirt:

mysterious_jen said:
:lmao: invite danny for a bbq and VB and its a bogan new years spectacular

:madspit:

The Black Sorrows are not Bogan!

.... :hmm: Well, not as bad as The Angels or The Radiators... which my local is probably doing. Again.

:scream:

Probably going to my cousins' house for a nice gathering and a little chicken feet (dominos). Last year I went to a late night yoga party that was so much fun--musicians, dancers, stilt walkers, a full yoga set, food, psychics and tarot card readers.

New Years Eve Plans

What's everyone's new years eve plans? I'm not sure what we're doing. I don't want to blow 100+ dollars away at a NYC club but I don't want to sit at home either. I guess we could always go to a local bar but don't know if it's going to be anything special. Any ideas? Wish there was an Interlander meet up on the 31st. :drool:

Other than expensive parties at big clubs in NYC, there hardly seem to be any options... unless you wanna stay home which I don't. :scream:

Ballroom dancing probably :yawn:

Dont really want to go into the city, its going to be crazy, plus I dont want to drink and drive :sigh:

I'll be working in the control room at MTV Studios. Tila Tequila's New Year's Eve 2008! I'm watching rehearsal right now.

(yes, I freelance for MTV. don't hate me, I'm not involved in any of the "creative" decisions.)

Zootlesque, I'm sure any of the bars in LES will be fun and not as expensive as the clubs. but get there early if you want somewhere to sit!

My boyfriend and I invited my parents to come have dinner and spend the night. They're gonna bring their chocolate lab too...which will be big excitement for our chocolate lab and yellow lab. :D We don't have big plans, we'll probably just watch TV and play some games, but I'm excited. :)

Leaving a party early to spend the evening with my hubby. May have another couple over for some games and champagne. (not THOSE games - get your mind out of the gutter!)

I might be continuing my tour of Legion Halls of the world. I really just want to stay home though, we'll see how I do against peer pressure tmw.

Was going to go to a party with a coworker, but she's now going out of town at the last minute, and I am not in the mood to go to this party without her....so, as of now, no idea. My fondest wish is to stay in, and now that might be happening.

Cleaning the house (FUN!!!) and then going to see Reverend Payton's Big Damn Band with some friends. I'm told they're good. They're playing two blocks away so we can stumble home after...possibly with one of those friends so he doesn't have to drive home. :up:

Back
Top Bottom