So What Are Your New Years Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
I personally find New Years to be extremely overrated :| I'm not a fan at all. So what's everyone doing? :happy:

Possibly going to a friend's house to hang out with about four other people. If that falls through, then hanging out with a different friend, probably. These past two New Years have been uneventful. :|

i'm doing three different things this New Year's Eve:

1) Going away party for friend who's moving to China

2) Dinner in the East Village

3) Drinks on the Lower East Side

:drunk: :wink:

Last edited:
Phil is working. We (as in me, Phil, and everyone we know) are poor college students or poor recent grads, so typically we congregate at whoever is renting the largest space, throw down whatever food and booze we have to offer, and hang out, play games, and watch movies or TV marathons.

I kinda agree w/ you, one4u2. New Year's is a bit overrated, unless you have $$$ to blow or a sweet rental unit worthy of a party.

Having a few (6) friends over for finger food and drinks. Maybe play a game or two and watch the ball drop or whatever other New Years special might be on t.v. I find it very overrated as well.:)

movie
dinner (chinese take out)
friends place to talk and spend the night. No one has to drive home with the "amateurs" that will be out on the road

Not a huge NYE celebrater myself :shrug:

Going to the wizard's ball with a stop at The Prancing Pony (btw they know how to party there).

:|

Fireworks, at Hobbiton.....they are spectacular!

:)

I enjoy doing not much on NYE. It's the older child's birthday, so the day is always spent on her, then once the feral offspring are in bed it gets very exciting with us playing poker, trivial pursuit, playstation, or some such other. We usually try and watch the fireworks on tv and get cranky at the neighbours letting theirs off and scaring the cats, kids, and dog/s (only one dog this year). We also do either a big fancy home cooked dinner, or splurge on takeaway.

It's great fun.

Plus we drink. A lot. This year one sister in-law is staying over with a friend of hers, so we shall have much fun. They're engineers, and uber intellectual, so we will kick their arses at poker, and they shall wipe the floor with us at trivial pursuit.
:applaud:

New Years Eve? watch a movie. :| Exciting I know! :laugh:

New Years Day? Go to my parents and eat and drink with my family before Michigan takes on USC in the Rose Bowl. Fortunately I dont have to work the 2nd.

The BAW's will be doing a Palm Springs getaway...

doral-palm-springs-golf.jpg

Going out to dinner with my mother and grandparents. Should be nice. I always say I'm going to go to a party or something on New Year's Eve, but every single year I end up watching a movie or something when the ball drops. :wink: Oh well.

i was going to be going over to a friends and drinking all night etc...

but the drinks part of the plan got crushed. :|

so i'm still going over to his house and we're gonna watch movies or something random.

Nothing very exciting - going to the In-Laws for food and drinks...watch my hubby, his dad, uncle and brother all get drunk and lsilly (there will be air-guitar, i can guarantee it).:eyebrow:
Probably get fed up with them and go home to get a few hours sleep before i work on New Years Day :rolleyes:

I do not like NYE...too many people die on this night, just because drunk driving ramps up...frustrates me.

Anyway, was gonna do nothing because my options were lame, but, then a friend invited me over to her and her husband's place, a few other people I know will be there, and we're gonna watch football all day and some of the evening, then play board games...and sip mimosas, at least in the morning....

No spoken words said:
I do not like NYE...too many people die on this night, just because drunk driving ramps up...frustrates me.

i know, it is frustrating. pretty cool though, i know of quite a few cities that have this 24 hour cab service for NYE...last time it was FREE (we didn't use it though, we stayed indoors).

i promise you that i'm not driving. instead i have my friends who don't like to drink driving and taking incriminating pictures of me all night long!

Wow, I'm so glad so many people find New Year's Eve to be an overrated holiday. I've never really liked it, to be honest. Unless you are in Times Square, there's no reason to get that excited.

Plus I always have to scramble to find something to do. :mad: It's too close to Christmas to be partying again. :scream:

Back
Top Bottom