So What Are You Doing Part #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at work and talking on the phone while surfing Interference cuz I am just back from Portland.....I am trying to get caught up on my work and email and everything. :wink:

OMG the show was FANTASMIC! It was so cool, a bit weepy at times but for the most part extremely memorable. I will try to get everything caught up and post my pics soon.....such a crazy time of year for everyone and I didn't get home until near 1am and had to work today as well as tomorrow!

Kanye wasn't as bad as I thought. I sat through his show when I'd initially said I wouldn't. I was passing out Thank You signs to my section and missed it cuz I was talking but it looked like Kanye was introduced by Gavin Friday! The show started on time. U2 took the stage by 9pm. The crowd roared! Bono was verklempt and nearly speechless at the signs people held all around, not only on the floor but in the stands and he looked all around. It was cool seeing him pointing it all out to his band mates. At one point around this time Larry came frontstage and whispered somethign to Bono.....it was so cute actually. It was thrilling actually to see the Thank You sign idea come to fruition and despite so many travelling from so far with our hundreds of signs each, and despite the inclement weather (snow and ice Sun, rain Mon), the signs made it in perfect condition and made their way around to nearly every section in the arena!! Instant Karma was a highlight for me as was OOTS live (for me) neither of which I'd heard during the 5 shows I'd been to. Bono's voice seemed a bit gruff and cracked a few times early on but warmed up nicely and he hit those notes during SYCMIOYO and Miss Sarajevo...absolutely BREATHTAKINGLY beautiful tunes. Bono seemed to do a lot more talking between songs.....in addition to his routine talks about poverty, Africa, the One campaign....thanking volunteers, thanking the band over and over, thanking the crowd, thanking their crew individually by their names. At the end of the night when the crew came out onto the stage with the t-shirts on, each with a letter that spelled out their message of THANKS to the band, that was a really touching moment. We were hoping for perhaps another song but the house lights went on and several folks around me had tears in their eyes. It was an incredible show, people were on their feet..singing, dancing and thoroughly enjoying the music and all it means to each of us. It was incredible for those two hours or so to share this special show with the thousands of fellow fans in that arena while the freezing drizzle fell outside and all around us.

The lights seemed to be different than we had seen in Vegas, so I'm not sure if perhaps they were experimenting with some new stuff before hitting the rest of the tour after the holidays. It was nice though. And Bono brought a young girl up on stage, her name was Sydney. Then during WOWY he called not one but 2 girls, the LA Twins onstage to dance. There were lots of balloons being hit around on the floor which was fun to watch from the stands, and a lot of people in GA had glowsticks.

I wish everyone could have been at this show. Can't wait for the audio and video bootlegs......Happy Holidays to everyone! :wink:

WOW!!! Carek that sounded like an amazing show!!!...Happy you got to be there!!!

I'm wrapping gifts:mad: one of the most tedious things ever! I feel so bad for those people that do this at the mall....

Well other than waking up being sore and having a headache I'm just peachy:happy: sure am looking foward to baking the 34874 dozen cookies for christmas today

:|

I just decided I really like the word Kukkaburra!

and I love the bird:love:

kukkaburra.jpg
[/IMG]

I am sad that the whole Christmas is over. My son left with his box of goods, it was good to see him and he kept saying he had a great Christmas. Nice meal, typical visit...he brough laundry, did some, left about 4 loads of linens and towels begging me to do it. His cell phone rang constantly, he teased the heck out of the dog and messed with my computer. God, I love that kid! :wink:

I am trying to figure ouot what to do, I am so full and so happy and content....but I am not tired. But I could fall asleep if I put on a movie now.....hmmmm.....:wink:

Watching a movie on tv, bumming around online, playing some guitar in between, I'm gonna get some ice cream soon :D.

:wave: Hi Tiny Dancer! Have a great time!

I am taking a break from cleaning and doing some laundry. Expecting guests tomorrow and the rest of the week so it is nice to take a breather. Also eating left overs. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom