So, tell me the difference between Our Lady Peace and Creed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
'Cause it's kinda hard to tell. Granted, I've only seen that one OLP video, the one where the girl climbs the stack of amps, but the song was unlistenable!!

Both bands have overwrought, self-absorbed, moderately talented singers, slow-ass melodies, and awfully Important lyrics.

Enlighten me. Tell me that's OLP's worst song.

stop the madness martha!!!! :scream:

i like olp. especially spiritual machines. i think that is an amazing album. :drool: :heart: you should give it a try.

creed are a bunch of no-talent ass clowns and should NEVER be compared to olp. :sad: :mad:

___
:wave: how's your foot?

I agree with Screaming Flower, comparing both of these groups is like comparing butter and apples. They really arent very much alike at all. I also think Our Lady Peace is decent band, where I think Creed is Satan's gift to music. Check out OLP's song, Life. It's a fav. of mine.

not a huge fan of olp, but i certainly dont mind them. comparing them to creed is not fair at all.

the song you probably heard is somewhere out there. if anything that song resembles beautiful day too much, other than that its a beautiful song. the background guitar during the verses is primo stuff.

theyre not a bad band.

creed is the worst band in the world.

where did my thread go about timberlake being better than rock music?

Zoomerang96 said:
somewhere out there.

I think this is the song. I tried to find some Real Audio of OLP, but all I could find was this song. I'm starting to think the Creed comparison was a little off, but I really don't hear what the big deal is about these guys. Somewhere Out There sounds very generic and common. They sound like others that are played on Adult Contemporary stations. :|

Martha, I agree with you on the fact that there really isnt that big of a deal about Our Lady Peace. They arent "the next big thing" or anything. They were just a decent alt. rock band, this new album is a little more mainstream I think. I prefer some of their older stuff. I'm sick of that "Somewhere Out There" song too, but comparing them to Creed? Ouch. hehe.

Screaming Flower said:
i like olp. especially spiritual machines. i think that is an amazing album. :drool: :heart: you should give it a try.

creed are a bunch of no-talent ass clowns and should NEVER be compared to olp. :sad: :mad:

ditto.
:yes:

Wasn't there a thread devoted to Our Lady Peace, and in that thread someone pointed out, more like exposed the fact that the song "Somewhere Out There" was pretty much ripped off from the animated movie "An American Tail?"

OLP = Creed. Ouch!!!

Listen to some of OLP's previous work before you make a comparison like that. lol Pleeeeease...:bow:

I've heard the Creed comparison before, actually. martha isn't the first and only person to make the comparison.

But I have no opinion on them.

martha said:

Somewhere Out There sounds very generic and common. They sound like others that are played on Adult Contemporary stations. :|

like, for instance, U2?

there new album is a disappointment, their preceding albums were all stellar

david said:
Wasn't there a thread devoted to Our Lady Peace, and in that thread someone pointed out, more like exposed the fact that the song "Somewhere Out There" was pretty much ripped off from the animated movie "An American Tail?"

...I think that might've been me.... :shrug:

OLP used to be good

Remember their song "Life" ???

That was awesome

Then the lead singer got a Johnny Rzeznik makeover :rolleyes:

It's like the "punk" bands like Good Charlotte....you know they get their mohawks done professionally and iron their punk clothes before wearing them and they buy pre-ripped designer clothing...

ANYWAY

carry on

MonaVox said:
OLP used to be good

Remember their song "Life" ???

That was awesome

Then the lead singer got a Johnny Rzeznik makeover :rolleyes:

It's like the "punk" bands like Good Charlotte....you know they get their mohawks done professionally and iron their punk clothes before wearing them and they buy pre-ripped designer clothing...

ANYWAY

carry on

It's interesting you say that about Life...most of the people on OLP's message board don't like that song. I love it. Gravity is alright, it's not my favorite album, but I still like the band for the most part and have enjoyed all of their previous work.

I have Clumsy, the album. It's pretty decent, but the singer takes some time to adjust to.

I've heard somewhere OLP actually supported Creed on one tour or something. This is completely unconfirmed by me, of course.

if you want to give OLP a fair go of it, d/l a few of these songs:

The Wonderful Future
In Repair
Right Behind You
4 a.m.
Naveed
Made to Heal
Middle of Yesterday
Potato Girl
Blister
Starseed
Car Crash
Waited
Thief

those are some good songs...

yertle-the-turtle said:
I have Clumsy, the album. It's pretty decent, but the singer takes some time to adjust to.

I've heard somewhere OLP actually supported Creed on one tour or something. This is completely unconfirmed by me, of course.

Yes, yes they did...back in '99....*sigh* :no:

OLP went down post-Naveed.

Stuff before that album was OK - nothing special, but most certainly not this insipid.

After the Naveed I have no time for them

have you heard their new single? We Are All Innocent??
bullocks

it's poor

they have gone way done hill

The Wanderer said:
if you want to give OLP a fair go of it, d/l a few of these songs:

The Wonderful Future
In Repair
Right Behind You
4 a.m.
Naveed
Made to Heal
Middle of Yesterday
Potato Girl
Blister
Starseed
Car Crash
Waited
Thief

those are some good songs...

...good choices Wanderer (Thief is my favourite), but you forgot:

Clumsy
Annie
Automatic Flowers
One Man Army
Is Anybody Home

--------------

Please, please don't EVER compare Creed and OLP. I plead, for the love of god, don't do that. It gives me heart trouble, anyurisms, etc.

Listen to "With arms wide open' and then listen to Clumsy. You'll see the difference.

Creed is a bunch of zero-talent hacks, lead by Scott Stapp - a guy who thinks he's god.

I'm not saying OLP is much better (I'm a bigger fan of their old stuff, but hey. Veryone wanst the $$ and the $$ are in the mainstream).

talking is just...

yeah The_Sweetest_Thing, pretty much all of those songs from Clumsy, Happiness Is Not a Fish... , and Spiritual Machines are good

hi Martha, I strongly suggest you check out all of OLP's albums BESIDES Gravity, which is their latest. They are a lot more original and honest in my opinion. I am not too crazy about Gravity; it has good melodies and is enjoyable but there is nothing about it that really jumps out and grabs me and says something.

But I just became a fan fairly recently and OLP is one of my favourite bands now. Please listen to some of their stuff, they are (or were) pretty amazing :)

Back
Top Bottom