So, tell me about this Ryan Adams feller....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I caught Ryan performing "New York New York" on one of those SNL repeats. I was really shocked by it. I thought he was a John Mayer type, but that performance was VERY young Bruce Springsteen. I was impressed.

So, what mp3s should I download? I already got New York, New York.

Definitely NOT a John Mayer type. I have nothing against John Mayer, but Ryan Adams is brilliant. And he's :coocoo: too, which I always find intriguing.

I recommend:

"La Cienega Just Smiled" :)heart: This song is absolutely gorgeous)

"When the Stars Go Blue"

"Answering Bell"

Okay, all of Gold.

And Heartbreaker.

:uhoh:

I suck at narrowing things down.

La Cienega Just Smiled

Also, you can usually find lots of copies of Gold at resale shops because a lot of people bought it for "New York, New York" and didn't realize how "country" the rest of the album is. :)

Last edited:
Bonochick is the authority on Ryan if I remember correctly. I am a fan of his also, since his early days playing with his band whiskeytown. He has a great folky type sounds and a tremendous voice.......highly recommended!:yes:

typhoon said:
Get Heartbreaker. Immediately.

Oh yeah. :yes:

But in the interim, download Shakedown on 9th Street, To Be Young, and Come Pick Me Up. The whole album is incredible, but those are my favorites. And Sweet Lil Gal. And Damn Sam. Yeah...you should really just get the whole album. lol.

Also, if you buy Gold, be sure to get the limited edition (unlike me :der: ). It has an extra disc with 5 extra songs, all of which were worthy of being on the actual album. The Bar is a Beautiful Place is just heartbreakingly beautiful and is probably my favorite Ryan Adams song.

Hope my ramblings helped. :)

I downloaded a song called Street Walkin Blues that's really cool. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

madonna's child said:
I downloaded a song called Street Walkin Blues that's really cool. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

That's "Tina Toledo's Street Walkin' Blues" from Gold. My favorite song is from that album too..."Sylvia Plath"...I put it on repeat everynight and listen to it through headphones as I fall asleep.

I confess, I've only got his three solo albums...I have yet to get a Whiskeytown album (I am thinking I will very soon...I just need to scrape up some spare cash!). From those albums though, these are my fave tracks:

Heartbreaker

~"To Be Young (is to be sad, is to be high)"
~"Oh My Sweet Carolina"
~"Bartering Lines"
~"Come Pick Me Up"

Gold

~"Sylvia Plath"
~"Firecracker"
~"Wild Flowers"
~"Harder Now That It's Over"
~"Goodnight, Hollywood Blvd"
~"The Rescue Blues"

Okay...I have to stop before I list them all...:D

Demolition

~"Nuclear"
~"Hallelujah
~"Desire"
~"Cry On Demand"
~"Dear Chicago"

Wow...it's hard to pick only some...*lol* Like I said though, I really want to check out Whiskeytown's material as well. Everybody says their stuff is really good.

Ya know...it's April's fault I'm obsessed...she never should have asked me if I wanted to go to his concert. :D

:wave:

Last edited:
Heartbreaker is the best album, and he has great stuff in his earlier band, Whiskeytown

Gold is alright
I've heart his new one is his worse...he needs to get back to his roots

Basstrap said:

Gold is alright
I've heart his new one is his worse...he needs to get back to his roots

Well, Demolition is just a collection of Demos. But I don't think he even knows what his roots are. Have you read the interview in which he goes off about how much he hates country music?

I :heart: this pic...:D

335%3A568723232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E232334%3B%3C8%3C7%3A4ot1lsi

He threw someone out of one of his shows when they requested a Bryan Adams tune. I wanna see him live and yell a request for "Summer of '69", them punch him in the nose when the tries to toss me out.

Here's the story link: http://nme.com/news/103255.htm

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
He threw someone out of one of his shows when they requested a Bryan Adams tune. I wanna see him live and yell a request for "Summer of '69", them punch him in the nose when the tries to toss me out.

Here's the story link: http://nme.com/news/103255.htm

That's old news. He had every right to as well...the guy had been heckling him all throughout the show. There was an interview with one of the ladies from the opening act where she said the same thing.

Why go to a concert just to purposely piss off the performer?

Robbie Fulks has been offering prizes to people if they go to a Ryan Adams show and yell out a Bryan Adams request. :rolleyes:

Here's an odd piece of trivia though...Ryan Adams and Bryan Adams have the same birthday (November 5th).

Last edited:
so easy to confuse his name with 'bryan' adams

but no 'summer of 69' stuff from him

just soulful country music to like

i have all his albums

2 songs to recommend to get into ryan:

new york, new york

and la cienaga, just smiled

Oi yeah don't forget Whiskeytown.....they're a bit more country than Ryan's solo work, but it's still basically all Ryan....... :shifty: :tongue:

Ryan is an excellent songwriter. I have all his albums, but "Gold" made me fall in love with him, and it is awesome

Last edited:
Sentimental Geek....shut up and go to sleep

What was the refund for in Detroit??

Re: Re: Sentimental Geek....shut up and go to sleep

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I forget. Kat could prolly tell you what it was word for word. ;)

LOL!!

Well...not exact words...but close!

A guy yelled "'Summer of 69'!!!!!" Ryan said, "Okay, turn on the lights...I want you all to point that motherfucker out to me..." So the lights go on, and everybody around him starts pointing. Ryan reaches into his pocket, pulls out some money, and said, "Here's your 30 bucks back...you can leave now," or something like that. Then Ryan thought for a sec, pocketed the money, and said something like, "No, I think I'll save it so you can use it to buy band-aids after the show." :D

I've been gettin' stuff I don't have off of Kazaa.

Did anybody watch the Crossroads special on CMT with him and Elton John?????? :drool: What a great show!

Dude...I think I've been spending more time at Ryan forums than I have been here lately! :uhoh:

*watchin' "Answering Bell" video* :cute:

OMG that Ryan Adams & Elton John Crossroad special was awesome!!! :drool: i found it by chance last night. and i was damn happy i did. :yes: what a great show. it was very cute when Ryan was having a hard time hitting the high notes on that one Elton song *i can't remember which one*. but that version of Tiny Dancer...omg that was awesome :drool: :drool:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
it was very cute when Ryan was having a hard time hitting the high notes on that one Elton song *i can't remember which one*.

"Daniel"?? :)

Back
Top Bottom