So swoon baby starry nights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
i'm very adamant about the new interpol album being a) better than their debut and b) the best album of the year. hands down. slow hands. whatever. you get my drift. i went and purchased a clean copy `cause i only had a burned advance copy and it sounds even better when it's new. ahhh. interpol, how do i love thee? let me count the ways:

1. i love that you all dress so snazzy. black is the new black.

2. i love that you can take depressing lyrics and match them with the most beautifully angular melodies i've heard since fat bob decided to start making craptastic music.

3. i love that you drink more than i do. and then go onstage and play amazing shows without throwing up everywhere.

4. i just plain love your new album. it makes me wat to cry. especially on the song "not even jail" when the ending sounds like a thousand twinkling stars on a clear night. thank you interpol. thank you from the bottom of my pseudo-goth heart.

ps...the new elvis costello album "the delievery man" is dead dead good as well. contender for 2nd best album of the year.

HeadsOnSticks said:
i'm very adamant about the new interpol album being a) better than their debut and b) the best album of the year.

4. i just plain love your new album. it makes me wat to cry. especially on the song "not even jail" when the ending sounds like a thousand twinkling stars on a clear night. thank you interpol. thank you from the bottom of my pseudo-goth heart.

Absolutely. While I agreed with all of your comments, these were the most akin to my feelingses.....even if it is 5 and a half months after you posted them and stuff.

HeadsOnSticks said:

Interpol :drool:

I posted this in another thread somewhere, but it bears repeating. I bought Antics when it first came out, listened to it a few times, and summarily put it away, thinking it was 'pretty good'.

I pulled it out a few weeks ago and haven't been able to listen to ANYTHING else since. The lyrics to Public Pervert (which I posted in my journal a few days ago) as well as those to Length of Love, are dead fucking sexy. The whole album is so damn hot - it's just BEGGING to be made love to :love:

Combat salacious removal, indeed :combust:

Interpol :heart:

I'm seeing them in concert Saturday night. I know I'll be blubbering like a baby during "NYC" since I'm moving there in May.

I haven't latched onto "Antics" yet for some reason, but I know I will. The songs from it sounded amazing on the Curiosa Festival last summer. I think this'll be my 5 time seeing my beloved Interpol. :heart:

i saw them a little over a month ago at this relatively small venue in SD called SOMA. I was so fucking blown away with the show. being a musician, i usually am overly critical when it comes to live performances, but Interpol just killed. My heart almost stopped during "not even jail" which had super sick new order-ish keyboard intro. and the light show. wow. i never knew how well pink and big bird yellow mixed together. afterwards, i headed over to this club where carlos d. (bass player) was spinning records. lemme put it this way: all smiths/new order/pulp/blur/stooges/and joy division. i abso-fucking-lutely adore this band. and no matter ehat anyone else says, "antics" is a far superior album than "totbl." sorry. not that i'm knocking the 1st disc because it IS brilliant. but "antics" spoke to me on a deeper level.

that's all.

Last edited:
I'm jealous--Carlos needs to spin around here. Hell, they need to get over here so I don't have to fly places just to see them.

I liked this thread, so I'm going to resurrect it with new tour info:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-07/27.shtml

Kati Llewellyn reports:
On September 5 in Mexico, Interpol will kick off the first of several performances on their brand-spanking-new North American tour.

These busybodies, still riding high on their sophomore album Antics, will embark on this leg of the neverending tour with barely enough time for a siesta after arriving home from overseas. Throughout September, Interpol will be traveling a whole lot-- from Mexico to the United States to Canada. Yep, that's a North American tour!

Ticket presales and...regular sales will be "announced shortly," says their official site. Good luck scorin' those.

The old and the new:

07-27 Melbourne, Australia - Metro
07-29 Sydney, Australia - Enmore Theatre
07-31 Sydney, Australia - Enmore Theatre
08-02 Auckland, New Zealand - St. James Theatre
08-03 Wellington, New Zealand - Victoria University
08-13 Tokyo, Japan - SummerSonic
08-14 Osaka, Japan - SummerSonic
09-05 Mexico City, Mexico - WTC
09-06 Mexico City, Mexico - WTC
09-07 Guadalajara, Mexico - Foro Alterno
09-09 Dallas, TX - Nokia Center
09-10 Kansas City, MO - Uptown Theatre
09-11 Denver, CO - The Fillmore Auditorium
09-12 Salt Lake City, UT - Kingsbury Hall
09-14 Davis, CA - Freeborn Hall
09-15 San Jose, CA - San Jose Civic Auditorium
09-17 Phoenix, AZ - Peoria Sports Complex
09-19 Las Vegas, NV - The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel
09-20 Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre
09-23 Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom
09-24 Champaign, IL - Assembly Hall
09-25 Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan Theater
09-26 Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre
09-28 Toronto, Ontario - Kool Haus
09-29 Montreal, Quebec - Metropolis
09-30 Portland, ME - State Theatre

If I remember correctly, I will be seeing Tori Amos in Phoenix the night before Interpol plays..... *hint, hint, hint, HINT*

u2popmofo said:

If I remember correctly, I will be seeing Tori Amos in Phoenix the night before Interpol plays..... *hint, hint, hint, HINT*

Dude, we're there. :up:

Speaking of Heads, I listened to one of his mixes today :drool: I need to find the other three I have.

~LadyLemon~ said:
MOFO!!!!!!!! Thank you for the news--Cleveland--YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

I might be interested - I have to figure out when my U2 tickets are...what day of the week is the 26? :scratch:

:sad:

Um, I got one for me and one for Drew. Mr. Zoneman, I didn't know of your interest until after I bought the tickets :scream:

u2popmofo said:

The old and the new:

07-27 Melbourne, Australia - Metro
07-29 Sydney, Australia - Enmore Theatre
07-31 Sydney, Australia - Enmore Theatre
08-02 Auckland, New Zealand - St. James Theatre
08-03 Wellington, New Zealand - Victoria University
08-13 Tokyo, Japan - SummerSonic
08-14 Osaka, Japan - SummerSonic
09-05 Mexico City, Mexico - WTC
09-06 Mexico City, Mexico - WTC
09-07 Guadalajara, Mexico - Foro Alterno
09-09 Dallas, TX - Nokia Center
09-10 Kansas City, MO - Uptown Theatre
09-11 Denver, CO - The Fillmore Auditorium
09-12 Salt Lake City, UT - Kingsbury Hall
09-14 Davis, CA - Freeborn Hall
09-15 San Jose, CA - San Jose Civic Auditorium
09-19 Las Vegas, NV - The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel
09-20 Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre
09-23 Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom
09-24 Champaign, IL - Assembly Hall
09-25 Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan Theater
09-26 Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre
09-28 Toronto, Ontario - Kool Haus
09-29 Montreal, Quebec - Metropolis
09-30 Portland, ME - State Theatre

Damn too bad none of those places are close to me...I'm going to Cleveland for U2 but that is not something I can do for every band much as I'd like to. Anyone happen to know how far Champaign is from Indianapolis?

I love Interpol, both their albums are great (and I have some random songs by them too, like from their EP and this one live thing called "Black Session"). It took a long time for me to consider Antics better than Turn On The Bright Lights but I think I do now. I love EVERY song on Antics, and initially I liked the first part of the album better, but now I'm leaning toward the middle... Not Even Jail and Public Pervert :drool: and the song "C'mere," which I initially didn't like, has much more meaning to me now...I love "A Time to Be So Small," I download some version with weird vocals like yonks before Antics came out and I figured it was just from their EP or something...even with the weird shakey vocals I loved it, now I like it even more.

special edition of antics to be released tomorrow, with a bonus cd with 'song 7' and remixes by each band member, as well as the videos for 'slow hands', 'evil', and 'c'mere'. :drool:

i'm still debating whether or not to get this, after having already shelled out for the initial release. but dammit, i love these guys so. damn. much. :love:

Back
Top Bottom