So...Q4 2007 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
What are you looking forward to?

The Go! Team - Proof of Youth (September 11)
Kanye West - Graduation (September 11)
Ween - La Cucaracha (October)

These releases are fine, but is it just me, or is 2007 ending really poorly? I mean, let's face it, compared to having new Shins, LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire, Wilco, Beastie Boys, White Stripes, and Ryan Adams albums out within 6 months of each other, this sucks hard. :|

I'm looking forward to new albums by Dave Gahan and PJ Harvey and the next remix album by Nine Inch Nails. That's about it, plus a couple of music DVDs.

xaviMF22 said:

not as awesome as Arpeggi bitch :p

1. Go to Radiohead's studio right now.

2. Break in.

3. Steal LP7.

4. Get out of there.

5. Leak the record.

You know you want to. :p

bono_man2002 said:
I'm not really looking out for it...but the Foo Fighters also have a new album out in September right?

O RLY?

They usually have great singles. I'm looking forward to the music videos, if nothing else. :shrug:

Robert Plant has a collaboration album with Alison Krauss being released on October 23. If it resembles the live performance from them that I had the honor of seeing a few years ago, it ought to be a memorable record.

The Verve. They've returned to the studio to complete their album after a summer break, but I don't know if it's going to be released by the end of the year. I'm thinking it's a possibility considering they have that mini-tour in November plus Dec holiday sales.

Re: Re: So...Q4 2007 albums

LemonMelon said:

I am happy to say that this album is absolutely fantastic so far. :cute:

Thanks for reminding me.

Springsteen
Kanye
Go! Team
The Hives
She Wants Revenge
Stereophonics
new Michael Jackson? Too interesting to turn down.

I heard rumors of Michael Jackson working on material, I didn't know an album was actually expected though. I've never been the biggest fan, just the occassional song, but I do admit to loving the song "You Rock My World"...although not the video.

Here's what good old wikipedia had to say on the subject:

In the fourth quarter of 2007, Jackson is expected to release a comeback album. There have been reports of collaborations with will.i.am (of The Black Eyed Peas), Teddy Riley, DJ Whoo Kid, Akon, Chris Brown and 50 Cent. Initially, it was thought that the Bahrain-based label Two Seas would release the album, but, in September 2006, it was made apparent that Jackson and Two Seas were no longer affiliated with each other. Consequently, Jackson formed The Michael Jackson Company which will oversee both his finances and the release of his new album.

Although not new material, I'm looking forward to the R.E.M. Live CD/DVD coming out on Oct. 16th. Something to hold me over until the new album is released. (Hopefully in early 2008)

A lot of good stuff coming up.

David Crowder and Rascal Flatts on Sept 25, and Matchbox Twenty in October sometime. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom