So Long Cujo!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw the news this morning, and, as a Wings fan, I was so happy. I can't even begin to explain. I had been living in fear that the Wings would sign Eddie Belfour, the player I hate more than any other player in the NHL. I was just like, "no, no, no, they cannot do that." And now they have Cujo! A great goalie, a good guy, and, most importantly, a UW alum. ;) Although I'm sorry that Toronto has Belfour now. But maybe people there don't hate him as much as I do. :)

Can't say that I blame him. He wants the Cup.

Rumoured that the Leafs offered him more money to stay. *sigh* Cujo. I don't know if Brodeur can live up.

um, sorry The_Sweetest_Thing, but Brodeur is still a Devil, they get Belfour, and no, he doesn't live up to CuJo

but anyhow, what a ridiculous few days it's been for the NHL, the New York Yankees, err, I mean Rangers just spent $70 million to have Bobby Holik and Darius Kasparitis on their team for the next 5 years, Glen Sather is such a fraud and sell-out, what exactly is the Rangers payroll now? I think it's probably higher than all of the Canadian teams combined now (even including Toronto)

The Wanderer said:
um, sorry The_Sweetest_Thing, but Brodeur is still a Devil, they get Belfour, and no, he doesn't live up to CuJo

Uh, yeah, stupid me. I think I had Brodeur on my mind...meaning to say Belfour...I've been doing that all ay actually.....duh...

It's a damn shame!

Cujo is my favorite player in hockey and now he's a Red Wing? Oh well.....can't blame him at all.....I still like him. Just don't expect to see me in a Red Wings jersey anytime soon.

All I have to say is.........

GO LEAFS GO!!!

The Wanderer said:
the New York Yankees, err, I mean Rangers just spent $70 million to have Bobby Holik and Darius Kasparitis on their team for the next 5 years

did the rangers offer that much more for Holik than your beloved Louie did, wanderer???

your right, I don't know why Lou would ever be beloved by devils fans?

but re. Holik, the dev's offer was 8.2 per for him, and toronto's was 8.5. he got close to 9 from the rangers, which is not 25 or 50% more than the market value. so any way you cut it, he's totally overpaid, but the rangers did not create the over-bidding, the market did.

neil smith's rangers were the foolish spendthrifts, not sather's. slats inhereted a $60 million payroll full of unmarketable players with enormous contracts, a la Kamenski, McLean, and Fluery. now, having rid the team of these burdens and replaced them with younger competitors like Lindros, Bure, Holik, and Kasparitis, with only a $10 million dollar spike in the payroll, is not ridiculous. the regretable days of ny's consistent hyper-overspending are gone.

ok, how could they give cujo away and keep domi!?!? i mean, i love domi and all (he's my favorite little guy!!!!) but i really don't think he's worth 5.6 million for 3 years!!!!!! geez!!! whats up with that, eh? :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom