So I'm Thinking Of Moving....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
So this is my last year at school, and I want to move to either Canada or the USA (Not that I dislike Home) I just feel like moving.

If its the US, I'd have to look into the places in more detail....But i'd prehaps go Chicago.

If Canada, probabley Montreal....as you can tell, I'm not exactly sure.

Then I would have to find a Job, Something In IT, which I've been looking up on Yahoo Jobs, whats the go with A+ Certification?

Anyway, this is only early stages, it'll be a year minimum before I'm off.

Just thought i'd post :)

I'm moving to Spain in September but only for a year. I'll then come back home and another year will be dedicated to finishing my degree. After that, depending on how this/ next year goes, I will be looking to move to either France or Spain. I am spending the year after my degree travelling and working though. I want to go around more of Europe, Canada and Australia. The prospect of not living here, as much as I love it, is really exciting for me.

:up: Moving :up:

bono_man2002 said:

Then I would have to find a Job, Something In IT, which I've been looking up on Yahoo Jobs, whats the go with A+ Certification?

I've been in IT for awhile and honestly, the A+ *might* get you an $8/hour USD tech support job where you'll be spend the day telling angry callers how to turn on their computers. Experience is much more important to employers than certifications.

Leaving Australia :up:

I'm looking at heading out sometime in the next year or so as well. First travel around, then decide where I want to live for a while.

Society here is just killing me at the moment :banghead: It's a big wide world out there and you would be foolish not to explore it.

Re: Re: So I'm Thinking Of Moving....

neutral said:

I've been in IT for awhile and honestly, the A+ *might* get you an $8/hour USD tech support job where you'll be spend the day telling angry callers how to turn on their computers. Experience is much more important to employers than certifications.

Ah Right, so they dont REALLY need that at all?....
Sounds like easy work...but I'd want more $$$, especially if i'm turning on Peoples computers ;)

timothius said:

I'm looking at heading out sometime in the next year or so as well. First travel around, then decide where I want to live for a while.

Society here is just killing me at the moment :banghead: It's a big wide world out there and you would be foolish not to explore it.

I know a guy who lived in Australia and was never all that impressed with it -- until he left and lived elsewhere for a few years. Then he realised just how great he had it (at least for his lifestyle). He's back now and very, very happy.

But even that is a great reason to check out other places -- you might find you have it great right where you are. And you might find a place that suits you better. Well worth doing if you can.

Re: Re: So I'm Thinking Of Moving....

neutral said:

This is me! (but I manipulated my boss into paying me more than that, hehe and have NO certifications).

*note to self: never waste time getting A+*

Re: Re: Re: So I'm Thinking Of Moving....

bono_man2002 said:

Ah Right, so they dont REALLY need that at all?....

:hmm: Well you may come across a very few positions that require it, usually entry-level hardware repair / "desktop support" jobs.

Last edited:
timothius said:

I'm glad to hear you and bono_man2002 want to explore outside Australia. I've not lived outside Oz but I have travelled a few times, (mostly tho' through Europe, definitely would like to see more of our world). You realise how much you take things for granted, living where you grew up in, you realise how different so many places are, and then again, how similar they are too.

I think sometimes we get forgotten down here, at the bottom of the earth and at the same time, people forget about us too. (YES LIKE YOU U2!!)

I guarantee, you'll never look at many things the same way again.

Good luck!

Well...

I think you'd enjoy Montréal quite a bit. The city itself is very diverse:

- French!
- various ethnic groups, languages
- old city (European; narrow cobblestone streets) and modern city (skyscrapers, nightlife)
- cold winters, hot summers (for me anyway)
- many world-class festivals during the year (summer in Montréal is a big party lol)
- great cycling city too

A good thing about moving to Montréal is you'll be able to work in English if you wish (Montréal has an important english minority) but you will definitely learn French.. (Montréal is the second largest French-speaking city in the world, next to Paris...)

People are friendly, too (except when they're driving :mad:)

I've never been to Chicago so I can't help you there...!

Good luck!

Thanks for the Info..I Can't split the two cities apart, based on what I've been Told.

When I went to The US for U2 back in March, I really enjoyed San Diego and Anahiem, but Was put off by LA....maybe it was just the area....I dunno, I just didnt like it.....

Anybody know any good Real-Estate sites for Montreal? :)
Chicago is easy to look up on Yahoo.

Back
Top Bottom