So I'm seeing the Rolling Stones in October.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopFly

War Child
...and I'd like to know which of their albums to buy to get acquainted with their music. Now, since I know a lot of their stuff already, as does everyone on earth with a radio, but I'd like to purchase...

a) their most extensive greatest hits album
b) 1-2 of their better albums
c) their best album that didn't have a lot of obvious hits on it (their Zooropa, so to speak)

Any suggestions?

I have two of their greatest hits albums, and they are excellent!

~Through the Past, Darkly
~Jump Back

Also, Flashpoint is great to get jazzed for a live Stones show!

I am so jealous you are going to see the Stones!! They do a great show! I've gotten to see them twice, thanks to my parents. :)

my dad sold all of his stones collection on vinyl....:(

EXILE ON MAIN STREET!!!!!!!!

Also, Some Girls and Let it Bleed. LIB was the first album of theirs I heard, I'll never forget putting it on the record player and being hooked, even though I was so young at the time.

Dads are good for something. :)

As for greatest hits...Hot rocks would be the best for early Stones
Other Albums...Let it Bleed, Some Girls, Tattoo You, Exile on MAin Street
For a less well known album, try Steel Wheels, from 1989, their first in mahny years which was a bit overlooked but is actually quite good.

Run, don't walk, to rent the Gimme Sheltervideo or DVD--you just gotta see them in their prime! And it is an historical documentary, one of the best R&R videos ever.

Bonochick -- have you seen Gimme Shelter?

And get Exile on Main Street and Sticky Fingers.

joyfulgirl said:
Run, don't walk, to rent the Gimme Sheltervideo or DVD--you just gotta see them in their prime! And it is an historical documentary, one of the best R&R videos ever.

Bonochick -- have you seen Gimme Shelter?

I'm embarrassed to say that I have not! :eek:

I will have to look into it. :)

Bonochick said:

I'm embarrassed to say that I have not! :eek:

I will have to look into it. :)

you just won't believe it--let me know when you see it! :)

Gimme Shelter Film Synopsis?

The landmark documentary about the tragically ill-fated Rolling Stones free concert at Altamont Speedway on December 6, 1969. Only four months earlier, Woodstock defined the Love Generation; now it lay in ruins on a desolate racetrack six miles outside of San Francisco.

Before an estimated crowd of 300,000 people, the Stones headlined a free concert featuring Tina Turner, The Jefferson Airplane, The Flying Burrito Brothers and others. Concerned about security, the Stones askd members of outlaw biker gang The Hell's Angels to help maintain order. Instead, an atmosphere of fear and dread arose, leading ultimately to the stabbing death of a fan. What began as a flower-power love-in had degenerated into a near riot; frightened, confused faces wondering how the Love Generation could, in one swift, cold-blooded slash, became a generation of disillusionment and disappointment.

December 6, 1969: the day the Sixties died.

story.jpg

Back
Top Bottom