So I'm not alone on this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Here is an excerpt from the latest addition on The War Against Silence. Phew, it seems I'm not the only person having this feeling. :sigh:

I need to give up. There's not enough time left in my life, nor hours in my weeks. My shelves are full, my iPod is full, my mind is too full. It is full, like my house, with many things I love or need, but also many things I don't care about much, and always knew I'd throw away when I needed the space for something else. Well, I need it now. I need less: Less music I'm trying to understand or remember or catalog or store or hear or think about hearing.
And yet, I still think music is the best thing people do, and as long as I am alive, I will ache to hear how it's being done now. There are more and more people, and maybe even increasing percentages of them making music. If I'm lucky, I'll hate some of it, and be ignorant of some more. But there's still too much left.

Anybody want to join the club?

Marty

i am a member of the too-much-music-to-buy-too-little-money club.

I don't even have enough time to listen to the new CDs from artists I already love. I've only made it through Rufus Wainwright's Want One once or twice since buying it almost a month ago. This doesn't speak well for me trying to discover new artists, although My Morning Jacket's new CD was great. Still, though, I don't have the time or money to pick up their back catalog.

So, yeah, I can relate.

Ah, no, there can never be enough good music! Bad music (otherwise known as crap), yeah, there can be too much of that. But good music? Never too much. Pick and choose what works for you, but please don't even think of eliminating the good stuff. Music has helped me through too many rough spots in my life. Can't imagine how I would have made it this far without a nice variety of great songs. I'm forever on the prowl for music which permeates my soul -- I don't think that will ever stop. I have learned to be more selective in my purchases over the years, now focusing more on the music recomendations of people who's taste I respect and share, but I'm always searching for terrific new work.

Back
Top Bottom