So I'm making a Foo Fighters Compilation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
My friend Josh hasn't really heard much of their stuff, but he really likes "The One". I must widdle down the Foos most well-known and best songs onto a single CD. Help me here. These are the songs I'm looking at right now.

Definite:
I'll Stick Around
This is a Call
Big Me
Monkey Wrench
My Hero
Everlong
Stacked Actors
Learn to Fly
Next Year
The One
All My Life
Times Like These

Possibly:
Alone+Easy Target
For all the Cows
Exhausted
Hey Johnny Park
Walking After You
Generator
Next Year
MIA
Overdrive
Disenchanted Lullaby
A320
Have a Cigar

I like the first list...great tunes off of that...
As far as the "Possibly" list goes (and I assume those are songs that are being considered for the main CD), Exhausted and Hey Johnny Park are great ...the latter probably one of my fave Foo tunes. I would add another one to the lists, Auroura (sic?) off "There Is Nothing Left To Lose"...I absolutely love that song.

BTW, I guess you have the new CD already...how is it?? No money to spend, so I'm gonna have to wait to buy it...but any advance observations on it would be great!

Last edited:
Unforgettable Lemon, look for the Foos version of "Down In The Park". I would add that to te compilation. If you can find the song titled "The Colour and the Shape" download that as well.

If you want to look for something incredibly rare, search for their jam of Beatiful Day during their Nothing Left to Lose tour.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Walking After You definitely has to be on it.

:up:

Definetly :yes: Has anyone heard the acoustic of it? I like it better than the original; personally I like all the acoustics of their stuff better than the original, especially with walking after you and everlong.

You missed Breakout, Gimme Stitches and Aurora. I just love Aurora and Genrator. I cannot stand Have a Cigar though. The Floyd original is so much better.

I just made a compilation the other day....

Monkey Wrench
All My Life
Everlong(acoustic)
Overdrive
My Hero
Aurora
Big Me
Learn To Fly
Walking After You(X-Files version)
This Is A Call
Tired Of You
Stacked Actors
I'll Stick Around
See You
Next Year
Everlong

I had to cut Hey,Johnny Park, because it runs right into the next song on The Colour and The Shape, which would have bothered me to just "cut off" on my CD.

You must include "Alone and Easy Target" and "Walking After You." "My Poor Brain" was one of the first Foo Fighters songs I really liked too.

You can't do Foo Fighters comp without "BreakOut"

and I ALWAYS forget the name of this song... it's the one where the video was like a Mentos commercial. You need that one; it might already be on your list.

Upon listening to Nothing Left to Lose Again I suggest adding Aurora. That's a really poewrful song.

One By One is solid!

MonaVox said:
and I ALWAYS forget the name of this song... it's the one where the video was like a Mentos commercial. You need that one; it might already be on your list.

Yeah that's Big Me. Hilarious video. :laugh:

I would definitely have to have Aurora on there. Other than that, its a good list.

I think the X-files version of Walking after you is the best and should be on there. I also agree with having Aurora on there as well.

The new Cd is kick ass!! Low is a good song too.

Back
Top Bottom