So I wanna start listening to Sigur Rós

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomerang96 said:
i like them now again as much as i ever have. takk is gorgeous.

:up: Indeed. I was disappointed with Takk at first but it was just temporary insanity--it is a beautiful record. I've come to appreciate it as much as AB. ( ) is more uneven for me but #1, #4 and #8 are stunning.

And since this thread was originally started I've seen them live and, wow. One of my top 5 best shows ever.

I highly recommend watching their live show from Iceland last year. You can watch it in all its glorious entirety here:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/2005/20051127.php

The first eighteen minutes are mandatory viewing. :angry:

Thanks for the link, joyfulgirl. :up: Since it's late here, I'll be checking that one out from the hotel tomorrow. I think it's great that they've got the full show up on their website.

Rós addict moment...

I've watched that show in its entirety three times.

I have to say that Sigur Ros is my second most unbelievable live show I've been to (number one is U2 of course). their live performance was incredible. my mind was literally blown.

my favorite album by them would be (), but sometimes it makes me fall too deep into my head so I have to avoid listening to it every once in a while. did that even make any sense? :|

I suggest you continue checking out their videos too. They've turned out some good stuff that really works with the music. They just released an EP that has their three videos from Takk and some unreleased songs too.

I missed a chance to see them on their () tour. :( I regret that one. I saw Beck the same weekend, and felt too busy and poor to go to two shows. In retrospect, I would have enjoyed the Sigur Ros show.

Not that I can complain too much, because I saw them on the Takk tour, which was mind blowing. I just like () and AB more, so I would've loved hearing more of those songs.

The end of Andvari is killing me. KILLING ME. How is it possible to create such beautiful music?

And I don't even have Ágætis Byrjun yet.

Back
Top Bottom