so I see you're reading huh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm reading "Goebbel's Diaries" (Goebbels was the Propaganda Minister under Hitler's regime). Very interesting - Goebbels shoots from the hip (disturbing stuff!) because he had no intention of ever having these diaries discovered, let alone published! (One of his last wishes before killing himself and his family was for the diaries to be buried outside of Berlin)

I also picked up "Soul Stories" by Gary Zukav last week because I quite enjoyed "Seat of the Soul" - unfortunately however Soul Stories is like a Seat of the Soul for Dummies.Not recommended unless you didn't understand what he was trying to convey in Seat of the Soul.

ladywithspinninghead said:
I'm reading "Goebbel's Diaries" (Goebbels was the Propaganda Minister under Hitler's regime). Very interesting - Goebbels shoots from the hip (disturbing stuff!) because he had no intention of ever having these diaries discovered, let alone published! (One of his last wishes before killing himself and his family was for the diaries to be buried outside of Berlin)

i was obsessed with the holocaust and nazi germany for years when i was a teenager. sounds like good, but heavy reading. i don't have this, but i might have to go out looking for it...

I've just started reading Blood & Vengeance by Chuck Sudetic. Sudetic basically follows several generations of a family that is affected by the Bosnian War.... I started reading it because I realized I am pitifully not very educated about what happened in places like Sarajevo and such. Heavy reading.

dandy said:

i was obsessed with the holocaust and nazi germany for years when i was a teenager. sounds like good, but heavy reading. i don't have this, but i might have to go out looking for it...

It is good because it gives a great perspective from the inside and it's not memoirs either....Some might think it's dry but I think it's very good.

ladywithspinninghead said:
I also picked up "Soul Stories" by Gary Zukav last week because I quite enjoyed "Seat of the Soul" - unfortunately however Soul Stories is like a Seat of the Soul for Dummies.Not recommended unless you didn't understand what he was trying to convey in Seat of the Soul.

I just started "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" by Zukav and am not very impressed by his approach to Quantum Mechanics, what he calls "the new physics." ladywithspinninghead what is the subject of the "Seat of the Soul"?

BigIdeas said:

I just started "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" by Zukav and am not very impressed by his approach to Quantum Mechanics, what he calls "the new physics." ladywithspinninghead what is the subject of the "Seat of the Soul"?

Yes, Zukav mentions his forays into the physics world in his new book I'm reading. Apparently, it changed his life..
I've no interest in quantum physics so can't challenge his views if I wanted to!haha!

Anyhow, Seat of the Soul is the spiritual bible for some people who are interested in topics like karma, reincarnation, the soul's growth and evolution, etc. I wouldn't recommend it unless those ideas already resonate with you!
For those that don't agree with his views they question his authority on the topic - he doesn't provide a basis for his claims.

A far cry from quantum physics as you can see!

'Chao and The Blind Brothers'

a monk asked Chao-chou: "what is zazen?"

Chao-chou replied: "it is non-zazen."

the bewildered monk said: "how can zazen be non-zazen?"

"it's alive!" was Chao-chou's reply

Great book!:wink:

Da vinci code... i wonder if there's anyone left in the world who hasnt read it... i know i have

all_i_want said:
Da vinci code... i wonder if there's anyone left in the world who hasnt read it... i know i have
Well, it was just published here this month, so i think there are still people who havent read it :|

I'm re-reading 4 plays by Lope de Vega: "La vida es sueno", "El castigo sin vengenza", "El perro del hortelano, and "Lo fingido verdadero" and the translations.

For an exam next week.
:crack:

I'm working on some Sylvia Plath gifts from Christmas...Collected Poems and Johnny Panic And The Bible Of Dreams...and, of course, a whole slew of music magazines.

I just finished The Passion of Artemnisia by Susan Vreeland (the same woman who wrote The Girl in Hyacynth Blue).

I am now reading Drowning Ruth.

Just finished What's The Matter With Kansas? by Thomas Frank and am now starting number 5 in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I got 5-7 for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom