So i saw coldplay tonite...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
really want to see them live. heard really great things, especially from people that aren't big Coldplay fans.

Was hesitant on spending the cash on them because I'm not really into their new record, but I might take my girlfriend when they come to the MCI. God knows I'm trying to get her into some rock music :huh:

you should definitely go :up:

There are some cheaper seats for the shows... so you shouldn't have to splash out the big bucks for prime seats. During the amphitheatre shows on the first NA leg, Chris was actually running back to visit the "cheap" seats during "In My Place" :)

And to be honest, the entire band was playing more to the rest of the crowd than to those people right in the front (I know, I was standing right in front of Chris)

I personally cannot wait to see them again, they put on a great live show! Almost worth it just to see Yellow and Clocks live again!

hippy said:
Almost worth it just to see Yellow and Clocks live again!

I was amazed at how well "Yellow" filled up the entire arena. The place just exploded. Similar to "Streets" and "In Your Eyes" (not as good, but similar to those 2).

hippy said:

There are some cheaper seats for the shows...

sold out on ticketmaster obviously....on eBay their going for a lot. Actually, scalpers are selling them for a lot, their not really selling that well. maybe i can pick some up when they have to lower the prices a little bit.

hippy said:

And to be honest, the entire band was playing more to the rest of the crowd than to those people right in the front (I know, I was standing right in front of Chris)

Absolutely right. I was right in front of him on the rail at one of my shows, too. They really do play to the entire place moreso the front.

inmyplace13 said:

Absolutely right. I was right in front of him on the rail at one of my shows, too. They really do play to the entire place moreso the front.

That's the hallmark of a good arena show.

Play to the cheapseats.

I saw Coldplay the other night in Sacramento. The band played exceptionally well....very tight. While the show was on the short side, I thought it was a great show. I think anyone who has seen U2 can be a little jaded when it comes to live performances, but Coldplay does well to pump up the crowd (as much as their style of music lets them).

I think 'Clocks' is their 'Streets'. The crowd was just going nuts. :drool: Definitely worth checking them out.

RademR said:

sold out on ticketmaster obviously....on eBay their going for a lot. Actually, scalpers are selling them for a lot, their not really selling that well. maybe i can pick some up when they have to lower the prices a little bit.

Check out the Coldplay.com message board... there's an entire forum there (as there is here) for trading/buying/selling tickets... I actually sold some extra West Palm Beach tix through there, of course at face value.

MrBrau1 said:

I was amazed at how well "Yellow" filled up the entire arena. The place just exploded. Similar to "Streets" and "In Your Eyes" (not as good, but similar to those 2).

:up:

Clocks evoked a similar reaction in WPB... and I was surprised at the incredible reaction "Low" got... people (at least in the pit) went absolutely mental during that song! I can see that becoming a set standard

This thread has gotten me really excited for Tampa :hyper: One month!

I saw them here in Lisbon back in November and it was a good show. I really liked... and I hope to see them again, even if they're not even close to be one of my top bands.

I saw them on January 26th and they were fabulous :up: I paid $130 for my ticket (row 16 on the floor) via the ticketmaster auction. I wish I could have gone to the second show on the 27th but I had to work :(

I would go see them again :up:

Fiona Apple was great too and the crowd was nice to her but I think she would be much better in a smaller venue :yes:

Just saw Coldplay last night in Vegas, we actually just took a trip to buy a bass for my friend and decided to go to the concert to see if we could get free tickets. We ended up getting 2 free 95$ tickets from 2 asian ladies, and a 65$ ticket from some guy that had an extra ticket, and couldnt sell it.

Although I don't like alot of Fiona Apple's music, I do like how she perform's and her emotion she shows in her songs. I thought Coldplay was pretty good, and they didn't sound too bad live. We ended up sneaking backstage after, after everyone had left the auditorium me and my buddy grabbed some sweepers and brooms we found in the bathrooms and we went to the floor and made our way backstage while sweeping. It was hilarious all the funny looks we got from people! We were searching for the band, but we couldnt find them, and we asked alot of the crew if they had already left and they said they had. We ended up helping the crew tear down the set, and I found a broken drum stick, a orange dunlop guitar pick, and a setlist. My buddy found a towel onsatge, and more setlists. All in all it was a fun night!

ha ha, i saw them in 2003 in a tiny venue in charlotte nc. i was about 10 feet from the stage and paid about a fraction of the cost for tix on this tour. that was a good show, though don't know how well they have made the transition to "arena rock"

fah said:
Fiona Apple was great too and the crowd was nice to her but I think she would be much better in a smaller venue

i'm a HUGE fioner fan.

in fact, the only reason i went to see coldplay was because she was opening.

i saw her two months ago at house of blues and what you said is very, very true. she needs a smaller venue. i wasn't sorry i saw her as an opening act, because i adore her so much, but it took too much away from her presence onstage.

she was more relaxed (she's notorious for her stage fright) because not everyone was focused on her, but still, the large venue made her performance seem much smaller than it should be.

also, i'm not even a fan of coldplay, and they kicked ass live :up:

i once passed the oppurtunity to see Coldplay at a small venue in Bath back in 2001/2 when they were doing a small tour and playing some of the 'Rush of Blood...' material for the first time. Silly mistake. Made up for it by being at the front for their Glastonbury set, now that was great!

In 2003, I saw Coldplay in Columbus at a small 2500 capacity place called Promowest Pavilion. That was a great concert, comprised of songs off their first 2 (great) albums. They connected with the the small crowd really well.

Summer of 2005, I see Coldplay again in Columbus at the 20000 capacity Germain Amphitheater. The new album isn't nearly as good in my opinion, and they had a hard time communicating the songs to 20,000 people. They tried hard with an over the top stage production to get the crowd into the show, because their musical performance itself couldn't do that. I don't think Coldplay has the experience, the charisma, and enough good songs to play in large arenas at this time. I wasn't impressed. Not to mention the only song they played from Parachuset was "Yellow".

But my friend bought tickets to see them in Cleveland, $75 tickets actually. And I have to go, cause if not he will lose money and I don't want him to lose money on them. I'm not really looking forward to the concert. I'm more looking forward to visiting Cleveland again, a fun city.

Well I'm going (my fourth Coldplay show) two weeks from Sunday. I was going to go to Houston too, but now I've got Death Cab, Jenny Lewis, and Van Morrison tickets to pay for so I can't.

I'm getting really excited about Fiona. I always liked her voice and the few songs I had heard, but last night I downloaded Extraordinary Machine and I'm really getting into it. It's going to be a treat to see her, and I'm glad I got her as an opener as opposed to Richard Ashcroft.

Back
Top Bottom