So... I have my own radio show. (and now i need a name)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Every (EVERY) Wednesday, from 6 until 9 in the bloody morning.

Oh man. This is gonna be interesting.

But I can play whate'er I want to boyoooos.

So in two days is the first one. I'm gonna play lots of really really good music, some of which you might not have heard before. You can listen online at http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca

The first show I'm going to do some random of my favourite songs, and then I'm gonig to have to mix it up, because I don't have enough favourite songs to quite fill 3 hours every week. And hopefully it ends up being not suck. And I have to watch out that I don't use up all the good songs at the beginning and then have it get continuously lamer as I run out of stuff to play. heh.

I was going to call it 'The Slipstream' (after my website.. you know, branding and whatnot or something) but I'm having doubts.. some thoughts on what it could be called:

Blanket Statement (though that’s better for an overnight show, but if there’s a good word I could add to that to imply getting up for the day I’d be all over it)
Damon and Eggs (that’s my name.. well the first word anyway)
Sunny Side Up/Over Easy something like that (you know it’s gotta be a pun)
Wednesday Morning Empires
The Slipstream
Simmer Down Junket
The Titillating Sounds of Ipswitch
Radio Slipstream
Mornings with Bertrand Imapretentiousasshole (yeah this is my favourite, but I’m not sure it would fly)
The Interminable Drag
Ultimate Warrior
Sunstroke Academy
Wee Mornin’ Crunch
Triple Dipped

questions? comments? snide remarks?

if i'm ever awake at that hour on that day, i'll listen.

:up:

i'm terrible at naming things (like the shit name i gave my show, for example). but i like the slipstream idea.

Last edited:
well, i always liked the term 'wakeup call'?

i have my own radio show too, but fortunately its not a morning shows (i hate them with a passion!) 22.00 to 01.00... way more convenient for me :wink: its a modern rock/rock n roll show, so we play everything from old school punk to mainstream pop rock.. what kind of music are you planning to play?

a couple of notes:
-i dont know if your station gets CDs from services like radioexpress and such, but they are very useful -you'll never run out of stuff.
-it's always easier to find songs if you have some solid content youre gonna talk about during the show
- set you clock 2 hours early for the first day.. it took me that long to get out of bed.

good luck! have fun!

Thanks a lot for the suggs!
My show is gonna be all mixed genres because it is against my beliefs to dedicate 3 hours a week to any one sort of music unless that sort of music is good music (I'm a non genrelist). And because to pull 3 hours of music out of my ass every week so early in the morning i need as few restrictions as I can get! :wink:

I think for an hour every week (cept this coming show where I'm just gonna be spinning some of my all time favourites) I will have a theme hour.. so songs from movies, scary songs, celticky sounding songs, etc.. which will help me when i'm stuck for ideas.

Our station does have a pretty extensive library (30000+ CDs, and a whole bunch of LPs) and it's constantly growing, so that will definitely come to my aid, especially since I don't have many CDs of my own at all (i am rather illegal in that area I fear, so i'm gonna have to bring in a lot of burned CDs)

that's great! actually sticking to one genre does get on my nerves everyonce in a while - so much that im thinking on another show for the next season.

you could check out the MTV europe lists for some different stuff (www.mtv.tv) and i really do think you should play some stuff from robbie williams (although he is pretty obscure in north america) also the new stuff from darren hayes is something you might wanna give a try.

the guy who does our morning show plays dance music and some lite-rock (a la smashmouth) you might want to talk to listeners after a while cause it makes morning shows a lot more fun. or you could give away some stuff.

if you ever need suggestions id be more than happy to suggest a couple of songs :)

PS. the killers is an awesome band! so is razorlight. try those two, they are definitely hits.

Very cool! :up:

I did a show once with my friend Ben in my undergrad days. Man, that was sooooo much fun. I have no idea why I never pursued that more in college--that's the one thing I still kick myself over.

P.S. I like Simmer Down Junket...

You should call it, "Wake Up <insert city here>!" and get the cheesy "Wake Up, San Francisco!" jingle from "Full House."

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaake UP!"

:sexywink:

Melon

Call it, "Freaky Skeeky" or "Skeeky is Supa Freaky". One or the other. Do it, do it. Do it.

Last edited:
Skeek, congrats!
Om quite envious as I would love to have that type of opportunity. Anyway, are there any plans or is there any way this can be podcasted?
Im working on my own currently and its quite fun. This of course lets many many more people listen, and at thier own convienence.

EP

the website streams online at http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca and I'll be trying to record the streams and put 'em on my website.. not the best quality though.

16 hours to go. aieeee!

SkeeK said:
http://slipstream.brokenuniverse.com/radio

Went pretty well. I need to learn to stop rambling a bit sooner, though.
[/QUOTE

do me a favor...if any smelly gutter punks (or anyone else for that matter) make a point to trek down to the radio station in a snowstorm to tell you that you talk to much, punch them in the face for me.

i'm sure as long as you ramble about the music you played, it's not too much :up:

Awesome playlist. I actually have your site in my favourites, check in every week or so and grab a new mp3.

How did you stumble across Augie March?

Back
Top Bottom