so i get to see a free sneak preview of legally blonde 2 tonight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
i'm very excited. :hyper: i loved the first movie when it came out. i think reese is a great actress, i was first impressed with her back in like 95 in the movie freeway, believe it or not.

in case anyone isn't sure when this movie comes out, it comes out this coming wednesday, july 2nd. my mom was lucky enough to be listening to the radio and heard they'd be giving away tickets. i've also got free tickets for the in-laws that i need to use soon, and they're only good monday through thursday, so i might ask my mom if she wants to try a double feature.

i'll report back after the movie to say how it was, with no spoilers of course. oh, and no dissing of reese or legally blonde or i'll have you killed. :mad: :wink:

helpful hints for a free sneak preview

KhanadaRhodes said:
my mom was lucky enough to be listening to the radio and heard they'd be giving away tickets.

FYI -
I used to "Host" these screenings. Get there early. They often give away DOUBLE what the theater holds, and it is a "first come, first served" deal. I would have people go to the theater to get tickets during the day - and then come back for the screening later. It all depends though......

I know....the new releases here are still the ones that were showing when I left the US....I can't wait until there are some NEW (to me) movies out!!

Though I DID get to see Identity the other night, which was nice because I didn't have a chance to see it when it was out in the US. :)

yes, definitely get there early.
have fun

reese is hot.
anyone see her on the cover of Vogue?

:drool:

while I'm happy that you get to go see the screening and that you like Reese, I was sickened by Legally Blonde, and this one looks even worse. She put on such awesome performances in Freeway and Election, and then she gets popular because of (IMO) a horrible performance of horrible material in Legally Blonde. It's a shame I say!!!!!

Anyway, since you liked the movie, I hope you have fun and like this one too.

zonelistener said:
I used to "Host" these screenings. Get there early. They often give away DOUBLE what the theater holds, and it is a "first come, first served" deal. I would have people go to the theater to get tickets during the day - and then come back for the screening later. It all depends though......
oh yes. we're getting there like an hour early. however, i may decide to go even earlier. the movie's at 7:30, and i was thinking i may even go over there at 5. i figure at the very least, if people were waiting in line for hours for the free tickets, they'd probably do the same for the movie itself, since the preview is only showing at one time at this one cinema.

I like Reece

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh yes. we're getting there like an hour early. however, i may decide to go even earlier. the movie's at 7:30, and i was thinking i may even go over there at 5. i figure at the very least, if people were waiting in line for hours for the free tickets, they'd probably do the same for the movie itself, since the preview is only showing at one time at this one cinema.

Great idea!

You know what elese is cool......we used to give away prizes too. Stuff from our company, or the local radio station or stuff the production companies sent out to promote the movie (Dog collars, t-shirts, toys....my favorite is the FARGO snowglobe I have).

zonelistener said:
You know what elese is cool......we used to give away prizes too. Stuff from our company, or the local radio station or stuff the production companies sent out to promote the movie (Dog collars, t-shirts, toys....my favorite is the FARGO snowglobe I have).
ooh i want stuff! like...her money. :wink:

I thought the first Legally Blonde was a cute movie, but I don't really see the point in having a sequel. I think they took the concept about as far as it will go in the original. Oh, well, that's Hollywood for you. Take a good idea and beat it to death.

As my sister is a law student and a member of a sorority I was repulsed by Legally Blonde. I thought it was funny but an insult to women at the same time. I don't think I'll be seeing the next one....

i can admit that i liked the movie, despite it's terrible representation of a lot of stereotyped social groups. i am not sure that the movie-makers were unaware of the ridiculous irony of some major points the plot hinged on...like the stereotype of gay men knowing shoe brands...but the whole movie was based on the stereotype of blondes so they HAD to know what they were doing...so maybe they just wanted a pretty girl in pretty clothes doing goofy stuff...i guess people got tired of movies starring Rodney Dangerfield doing the same thing...although it never hurts to throw Oingo Boing into a movie just to keep things rolling.

okay, so i didn't get a chance to post earlier how the movie was.

i'm not sure if the movie is better than the first or not, i have to see it again. i know it's slightly different because in the first movie, you really weren't sure who she'd end up with, emmitt or warner. she kind of waffled between the two, still clutching to warner. but in this movie, the ending was a bit more predictable.

so now she's long out of college, and working at a law firm. she's planning her wedding and she's got the guest list all planned out, but she was missing something: she wanted to invite bruiser's (her dog) family. turns out they're subjects for cosmetic testing.

this leads her to try to ban cosmetic testing on animals, which takes her to washington. i probably shouldn't go into any more details since i'm not good with this stuff, like i'll reveal too much and spoil it for everyone.

i like reese witherspoon alot :) early films of hers i enjoyed were fear and freeway, oh an cruel intentions a couple of years ago... wasnt to keen on reese in that tho, she played the character well, but i identified more with sarah michelle gellars role :evil:

as for LB i have it on dvd i think its a class film :yes: tho im not sure how the sequel is going to be, only few movie sequels top or equal the first. I'll prob wait til it comes out on video or D/L it off kazaa before then. :D

HelloAngel said:
Did you like it, though? :)
:yes:

OMIGOR i forgot to mention!! they went to such lengths to prevent people from copying stuff. they looked through my purse and i went through a metal detector. i didn't mind of course because it's not like i had anything. plus i had a teeny handbag you'd see elle woods carrying or something, so i'm sure they were relieved that once i took out my wallet, there was only my sunglasses case and lip gloss. yeah, that's how small my purse is. :laugh:

the movie was awesome. i think i like the movie equally at least, it's hard to tell because the first movie has the novelty that only a first movie can have. i'm definitely seeing the movie again while it's in theatres and i know i'll want to buy it when it's released on dvd, so maybe then i'll be able to decide if they're equal in likeability (imo of course) or if one of the two is better.

Back
Top Bottom