so i bought i wrote the winnipeg sun music critic yesterday today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i encourage all of you to email your bigger city critics and to encourage them to bash bad bands, and to let them know that we "music elitists" are a smart bunch and are reading their columns/reports/reviews.

here is what i wrote to a fellow from the winnipeg sun.

-----

hey,

hows things. for your information, and to waste time, i will inform you that i work for The Echo in Altona, a paper which is employed by the same guys you people at the sun are.

now that you know that vital bit of info...

i wanted to let you know i enjoy your music reviews. really. except one part. i just noticed youve started using a three star system. thats unfortunate, cause i feel it doesnt give you enough room to really show what the album is worth.

i only noticed it this week, maybe your just trying this out for fun i dont know. whatever, not a big deal, im just curious as to why youd use this system.

one other thing...regarding bands like nickelback, default, theory of a dead man, creed, three doors down, staind (power 97) is there any way you could write a scathing column on these bands? they have totally destroyed "rock" and it makes me sick. they all sound the same, and scott stapp and chad krueger are the two most evil people in music.

people think this is "real" music, cause its not "pop." bull********** its not. it is pure pop. justin timberlake's latest cd is far better than anything those shitty bands have or ever will put out.

power 97 announced theory of a deadman is coming to winnipeg...again. is there anyway people could be encouraged to brave the cold and protest their presence? lets start a movement.

ad

--------

and heres his reply...

ad

thanx for 1) the letter; 2) the kind words 3) reading my stuff; 4) liking it; 5) paying attention.

i used the three-star thing this week just for xmas cd reviews. i do that every year -- mainly cause rating xmas cds out of five kinda seems anal. imho, stuff like that falls into three main categories -- either it sucks (0-1 star), it's so-so (1.5 - 2) or it's good (2.5 - 3). rest assured, the five-star system remains solidly in place and will return next week.

as for crap like nickelback, creed, 3 doors down, etc., i do my best to slag them every chance i can and will continue to. thankfully, theory of a crap band are only playing the zoo (for interferencers, its a small venue in winnipeg). perhaps a flaming van wreck will claim their lives before they get here. if not, i'll see you on the picket lines, comrade.

keep on fighting the good fight

darryl
wpgsn

------

thats pretty funny. he even recommended their death! now thats harsh.

its good to see there are some smart people that get to be read by a large ammount of people.

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
perhaps a flaming van wreck will claim their lives before they get here. if not, i'll see you on the picket lines, comrade.

are you guys related?

were ALL related if you really think about it, screaming flower... :sexywink:

:|

im not really all that funny.

salome i know what your hinting at. i think. hi there.

alison rovelt, greetings to you too.

Being a music critic must be the easiest job next to toll booth attendant.....

Its purely opinion and anyone could do it, anyone....:|

I wonder how much money some accept to write good reviews for shite bands

If I were a critic I would write shite reviews for any band from Canada...:sexywink:

Elvis Presley said:

If I were a critic I would write shite reviews for any band from Canada...:sexywink:

canada has very few good bands, i agree.

we have the WORST mainstream shit bands. nickelback, default, theory of a deadman, etc...all come from our country's anus.

let me be the first to apologize to you.

but then again, you americans gave the world creed and bon jovi. what have we done to deserve that?!

Zoomerang96 said:

but then again, you americans gave the world creed and bon jovi. what have we done to deserve that?!

Good point, duly noted....

I guess I would also write shit reviews for those bands whos lead singer resembles Theodore from Alvin and the chipmunks.........I dont want to name names but his initials are Scott Stapp....:|

Back
Top Bottom