so i bought doves "last broadcast"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
not bad.

never heard a song of theirs before.

i get the feeling some of you like them.

woaoaoard.

Don't put too much weight on it during your first listen. Give it time. It really grew on me... Then seeing them in concert earlier this month really made me a fan. Doves are yet another great thing to have come out of the UK.

I'm still not sure which album I prefer, both are so ripe and tasty

they were excellent live

you probably would have enjoyed Elbow's "Asleep in the Back" more though

well i dont know why i keep spending so much money on albums.

ill get all the u2 merch in the upcoming weeks, but after that the rest will have to go on my christmas list.

like beck's sea changes.

right now im downloading queens of the stone age "noone knows."

i believe a dj said it best when he called it the "Best rock song of the year."

im all over the place.

not bad cd, as i said, and i DEFINATELY will be listening to it more to gather a better perspective.

I think i like Lost Souls better. as of now at least.. no. yes!

seriously I really do think that's my favorite of the two... every song is all: :up:

Pshurr, I don't get why you folks like Asleep In The Back. (insert scratching head smilie here) (I can't see the scratching head smilie).

Lost Souls is nice, very easy to get into. Haven't found it to be enduring yet, we'll see..

less rungified.

excellent song

The Wanderer said:
best rock song of the year is the new audioslave tune, "cochise"

This has to stop. If I agree with you one more time this week, I am going to :combust:

What is the world coming too??? :rant: :lol:

famous rungi said:
Lost Souls is nice, very easy to get into. Haven't found it to be enduring yet, we'll see..

This is how I feel about Last Broadcast. I liked it right away, but I never listen to it. No sustaining power, yet it's good. Go figure.

so i says to mabel i says "im going to give this cd a better shot than the coldplay one." in fact, if i ever remember to go there, ill drop it off at a second hand record shop next time im in the city.

:sexywink:

Zoomerang96 said:
...in fact, if i ever remember to go there, ill drop it off at a second hand record shop next time im in the city.

I used to love u.

no, i said i was dropping of COLDPLAY's not the DOVES!

silly angel!!

*gives lil angel a noogie woogie

grrrr

tsk tsk

grrr

:wink:

hockey players? where?

that's why they invented cars and crazy people like deathbear himself :sexywink:

Re: Send me the Coldplay CD and I will buy you a concert ticket

zonelistener said:

Easier said than done for our little teddy bear....no one wants to play the backwoods of Canada.

thats very true. then winnipegs brilliant mayor slaps a 10% amusement tax on every band that comes to winnipeg...now thats an incentive for ya! (Y)

hockey players hate it in manitoba too. look at our jets fly south... *cries... :sexywink:

famous rungi said:
Pshurr, I don't get why you folks like Asleep In The Back. (insert scratching head smilie here)

This I will NEVER EVER understand. It's pretty awful.

Doves are pleasant enough, I guess, if fairly derivative.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom