so i bought beck's odelay today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woohoo! I just scored orchestra level seats to see Beck and The Flaming Lips at Benaroya Hall in Seattle! This venue is usually reserved for symphonies and orchestras and the like so it should be interesting.

I believe this will be the fourth time I have seen Beck live. He always puts on an excellent show. It will be especially interesting this time around with The Flaming Lips as opening band AND backing band. I heard they will do some reworkings of songs off of Odelay.

Bear, it has been very cool to see you discovering some of my favorite bands like Pink Floyd and Beck. I must commend you on your musical taste. Notiti also loves Beck and if she saw this thread she would most certainly post in it. She is the one I usually go to see his shows with but I think she will still be in Europe for this one unfortunately. In fact during Odelay era, Notiti was so in looove with Beck that she insisted that she was going to marry him someday.

sea_change_01.jpg

I got interested in Beck after "Midnight Vultures" came out and got mountains of praise, so I got the album and loved it pretty much straight away. Can't say the same about "Odelay" though, it's got its moments, but most of its mishmash of styles just doesn't sound good to my ears.

I just bought Odelay for the first time, too. Saw Beck about a month ago in L.A. -- great seats at a small venue. Fiona Apple and other pals of his were in the audience.

Beck sounded good. I honestly didn't know what his real singing voice was until this show. The first half hour was upbeat. He really went off and did whatever he wanted to do -- made song selections on the spur of the moment. Very entertaining and good listening. From then on he played folksy ballads. I do wish he would have mixed in some upbeat songs during the last hour of the show.

i heard when he plays loser he sings "im a sell-out baby, so why dont you kill me"

is that still the case? or does he not play the song anymore?

in a couple days my good friend Adam will get to experience sonic ecstacy as The Flaming Lips open for Beck at Ohio State. he has been waiting to see Beck live for awhile. i can only hope the evening is the best he has ever experienced on this earth cause he finally has the money to see this man.

death bear, the new Beck cd is unbelievable. it is quite possibly the best record to listen while watching the sunset over the horizon. i understand astro/comso- nauts have expressed gratitude in listening to classical music while floating in space, but if given the chance i would give Sea Change a listen. you won't be disappointed.

Odelay is one of my favorite albums ever. Beck is one of my favorite musicians.

wannabe said:
in a couple days my good friend Adam will get to experience sonic ecstacy as The Flaming Lips open for Beck at Ohio State. he has been waiting to see Beck live for awhile. i can only hope the evening is the best he has ever experienced on this earth cause he finally has the money to see this man.

death bear, the new Beck cd is unbelievable. it is quite possibly the best record to listen while watching the sunset over the horizon. i understand astro/comso- nauts have expressed gratitude in listening to classical music while floating in space, but if given the chance i would give Sea Change a listen. you won't be disappointed.

Odelay is one of my favorite albums ever. Beck is one of my favorite musicians.

your a good man wanton. ive heard three songs off his new one and theyre fantastic. stunning really.

ive asked for it for christmas. the u2 shit coming out will set me back far enough, considering over 2/3's of my paycheques go to paying off my loan as fast as possible

Back
Top Bottom