So...How long to leave the Christmas Tree up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's called 'boxing day' for a reason. You box with the Christmas tree until it collapses. Then you drag it outside and leave it there for a few months.

it came down yesterday - I leave it up until after Epiphany

plus I seem to like the tree more after Christmas than before

I didn't put one up.

But my brother still has his tree up...moving into year four now.... :rolleyes:

I didn't put one up cos I'm renting a 3br apt with 2 other guys. Someday I hope to have my own house and then I'll put one up!

It is bad luck to take it down before the day after New Year's. Besides, they are so much trouble to put up, why not enjoy them longer?

Mine is still up, but I will take it down next week as the needles are falling off. I also have a football superstition, if it's still up when your team is in the playoffs, you can't take it down or they'll lose. So I have to take it down before next week when they play. If it's still up I have to leave it up as long as they stay alive!

My Mom's fake tree used to sometimes stay up until March. :reject: I have seen many people NEVER take their outdoor lights down all year!

bonotree2.jpg

I deflated my inflatable Christmas tree on January 1st. My other tree is about a foot high and it's in the pile ready to go back into the storage bins in the garage with the rest of the decorations.

We used to keep our tree up until New Years or later, because I loved having the tree for my 12/30 birthday. My aunt wins the award because she sometimes has been known to procrastinate and keeo her fake tree up till July! She takes forever to decorate it and it is usually so gorgeous. The holidays exhaust her and she hardly uses her formal living room so the tree just stays there till she feels like dismantling it!

My tree is still up...I have this thing where I like to leave it up until my birthday, which is on tuesday. So its coming down this week. :sad:

we took ours down last week. Thursday is trash day, so it had to be down by then. Thank goodness my daughter helped this year by removing the ornaments (she more than helped, she took them all down and wrapped them up!) :applaud:

Carek1230 said:
Yay for Maddy! Reward that girl with a trip.....ummmm how about a trip to, well a trip to perhaps HAWAII???!!!!!! :wink:

:hmm: - I'll be talking to the travel agent in the morning...

In Finland we take our Christmas trees down by 'Loppiainen' (Epiphany) which always falls on the 6th January, coz according to Finnish folk lore it's unlucky to leave it up any longer.:eyebrow:

hcbiggs2002 said:
In Finland we take our Christmas trees down by 'Loppiainen' (Epiphany) which always falls on the 6th January, coz according to Finnish folk lore it's unlucky to leave it up any longer.:eyebrow:

Is that something to do with the 12 Days of Christmas, or Russian Orthodox Christmas?

The superstition my family always had was an American country folk one, if you didn't leave it up until after the new year that year would bring bad luck and terrible misfortune, terrible losses, even family deaths. It's better not to take the chance, those old folks must have had a reason for feeling that way.:shrug:

^ Argh, forgot a passage...

Because on that day the Three Kings take theur gifts to Jesus (on the day of Epiphany).

Back
Top Bottom