So...How long to leave the Christmas Tree up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took it down last night. Dry as hell. It was up for the last few days with just lights, wife had taken the ornaments off for safety (lots of Radko glass Disney collectibles), but left it up a few extra days cause my son (21 months) loves the lights.
Usually take it down after New Year's, the first day I have time and incentive.
Still have a little table top fiber optic tree up to entertain the baby.

We didn't get ours down until this past weekend. We were gonna do it just after New Year's like we always do, but lost our car key at Wal-Mart and spent the rest of the day looking for it. Thankfully we eventually got it back!

I think one should leave thier tree up until there isn't any needles left and it looks like it could be the victim of Spontaneous Arbor Combustion
:wink:

But that's just me

i loved me tree this year....so its still up.
i keep it watered and stuff....but now only half of the lights are workin; (

Took mine down this past Saturday, 1/7; the City of Chicago recycles them, they put them through a chipper and make mulch. But there is only one day designated for the recycling (you have to bring the tree to them), usually the Saturday after New Year's so we always have to wait to take it down until then.

...and mine was still totally fresh despite having been up since the weekend of Thanksgiving and my deliberately not watering it for the last two weeks.

It barely dropped any needles when I took it out...

Seems crazy to take it down on New years day! The 12 days thing is how it's meant to be :yes:

Back
Top Bottom