So how do you capture stills from your DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another U2 nut!

Acrobat
I have this new wiz bang computer with a DVD player- now how do I capture the stills? I'm still learning how to work all the new gadgets etc.

I'm going to move this one to Lemonade Stand so our wonderful computer smart members can answer this :wink:

i use the print screen button... hitting "print screen" puts whatever you have on your screen into the clipboard. you can then go to a picture editing program and paste the contents of the clipboard into a new file. :shrug: that's how i do it... might be an easier way... but i don't know any other way without having an actuall program that does it

how can you capture stills from a regular DVD player that's attached to your TV? what would you need to connect it to your computer...if it is even possible, that is :crack:

i can't play dvd's on my computer :grumpy: :reject:

Most of the time I use print screen too. That takes an image of your screen and you can paste it into something like Paint for your own use (or you can use alt+printscreen to get a snapshot of just the one window rather than the whole screen). Alternatively, you can search at download.com for screen capturing software. This is more useful if you're looking to get more than one capture as pressing printscreen only holds one image at a time (I think) on your clipboard.

Abel, I have no idea how to capture pictures on your regular TV, but I think other than taking a close photograph using a regular camera, you've got to hook it up to your PC (or Mac, as it may very well be :wink:) somehow.

you should check to see what the dvd software on your computer says about this to make sure you can do any of the above suggestions at all.

I bought a nice new fancy computer last year that came with tons of programs. Only problem is they are all the basic version and I need to pay to upgrade. My dvd player on my computer will not do screen captures unless I spend $40.00 to "unlock the special features."

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
i use power dvd, just press the little camrea (or C) and you take caps of the dvd

AHA this is the program on my laptop, i never knew about the camera ;) have tried it and it works! ;)

thanks for the info :wave:

Oooh so many things to try- I haven't even had time to play a DVD in it yet! My bro hogs the computer for his divex, and when I've got it, I'm here, or Ebay :)

Back
Top Bottom