So, how bad is The Pianist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha i really think you should see this. i saw it last night and it was incredible. adrien brody's performance is so amazing that everyone should see it.

beautiful. :sad:

martha said:
I wussed out and saw The Core this weekend.
I haven't seen the movie... but the 30 second scene with the double decker bus flipping over and all the spastic pigeons... was filmed a block away from where I work. :lol: London my ass!

Anthony said:
I can take all the horror images from Schindler's List. I can take the violence, the bitter words, the humanity (or lack thereof) of the whole ordeal as portrayed. However, I can not take one of the last scenes in the film when they give Schindler the ring and he collapses in tears going on about how he could have saved more, that always... ALWAYS gets to me.

Me too! It is, in a way, both the best and worst scene in the movie. Worst, only because it reduces me to tears. Best, because it reduces me to tears...

The harshest reality is that , while moving, this is one of the few scenes in the film that is a complete fabrictaion. In actuality, Schindler never met with his workers. They never saw him off, never gave him a ring. He did care for them, but the movie scene was fabricated by Speilberg for dramatic effect.

Back
Top Bottom