So Guns N Roses play at the MTV Video Music Awards?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
yes, they played. too bad it wasn't the original GnR, but it was nice to see Axel doing his signature snake dance. hahaha:dance:

it was cool seeing him, but sad that it wasn't the old guys. it also felt weird hearing the old songs, it seemed like they were relics of a time in music history, and that they were just churning out the old hits. i think they played a new song too. i dunno. they did kick ass though, kicked much more ass than anyone that played the VMA's. The only thing that really sucked was Axl's voice.

woah, it says this topic was moved. Did I post it in the wrong forum?

oh wait, nevermind. i'm still not used to these new boards, i didn't even notice there was a general music discussion forum now, my bad!

Last edited:
The performance, aside from Axl's voice, was stellar. The band wasn't all randomly hired at once, it's more of a revolving door thing, one person would go, a new one would come in, until you get what you saw last night. And they were great, though the mix really really sucked. Axl's voice has been worse, but on the bootlegs I've heard from this year alone, it's still capable of being much better. The new stuff, especially "Madagascar", which was played last night, is actually good material, but I doubt we'll hear it until next summer. When asked if the album would be out any time soon, Axl said something to the effect of "Hold your breath for Jesus instead, I hear the payoff's gonna be a lot better"

So you guys liked the performance? My sister and I, who are pretty big fans of the original GNR, were embarrassed for them just watching it. Axl sounded like he couldn't catch his breath and he kept forgetting to sing into the mike. The music was alright, but the song transitions were train wrecks.

I thought it was :down: overall.

HeartlandGirl said:
So you guys liked the performance? My sister and I, who are pretty big fans of the original GNR, were embarrassed for them just watching it. Axl sounded like he couldn't catch his breath and he kept forgetting to sing into the mike. The music was alright, but the song transitions were train wrecks.

I thought it was :down: overall.

Agreed. :)

I also think Buckethead is hysterical. :lol: :laugh:

I fell asleep too early. Oh well I'm sure the show will be rerun 235 times next week alone.
I have always said Axl should not call this band Guns n Roses, it's really an Axl solo project, for which I have the perfect bandname: "Axl's Ego".

But Shakira looked damn good.:ohmy:

Last edited:
i thought it was a bad performance. i was disappointed not to see the original band. but it is a work in progress i guess...i personally think it is hard for bands to continue with success without its original members :shrug: anyway, I enjoyed watching Axl's snake dance. lol...he seemed very grateful to be playing on the VMA's. Axl has gained weight and to me seemed normal. :ohmy: hahaha

I watched the whole show ( I know I have no life) and I thought the show was over after the viewer's choice award.

I missed GNR.

I liked them first time around but really don't have any interest in seeing them now.

ALtho I wouldn't have minded seeing the original "snake dance"

:ohmy:

great to see Axl back in the mix, but my thoughts are:

-His voice sucked
-He came out with huge energy and I think lost his breath (as he has gotten FAT)
-band was weird
-I think they should just call themselves something different - they are NOT Guns and Roses
-they were very talented, but it just seemed werid...

I still liked it...

Back
Top Bottom