So did Leinart make a mistake? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: ?
Yes 4 28.57%
No 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2006, 04:03 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:46 PM
So did Leinart make a mistake?

Did Leinart make a mistake deciding to go back for his final year of college?

He didn't win a second heisman, he didn't win another championship, he cost himself the noteriety of being the #1 overall pick in the draft and the money that goes with it, and he cost himself a year of his professional career and the money it would have generated.

Seems like kind of a waste of a year and the risk of injury could have further hurt his career.

I guess he learned how to ball room dance though.

Old 01-05-2006, 07:23 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:46 PM
No.

He was not healthy enough to get picked in the top of the first round last year.

He has grown smarter and stronger with his last year. He showed great ability in changing the plays at the line of scrimmage to pick apart defenses.

He also got a full year of being the most eligible man on campus - and SC is a target rich environment if you know what I mean

Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

He met the love of his life, Nick Lachey. They are moving to Mass to get married in the spring, then to N'awlins so Matt can dwell in obscurity for a perennial loser NFL franchise.
So it was a good move returning.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
No.

He was not healthy enough to get picked in the top of the first round last year.

He has grown smarter and stronger with his last year. He showed great ability in changing the plays at the line of scrimmage to pick apart defenses.

He also got a full year of being the most eligible man on campus - and SC is a target rich environment if you know what I mean
What he said.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Plus he got to get one final taste of the tough academic world student-athletes face: ballroom dancing. How did he manage to take that class and play football? He's simply amazing.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
Plus he got to get one final taste of the tough academic world student-athletes face: ballroom dancing. How did he manage to take that class and play football? He's simply amazing.

It is pathetic that that is allowed. Did anyone see the kicker for Ohio? He was a six year senior!
Old 01-05-2006, 11:36 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary

It is pathetic that that is allowed. Did anyone see the kicker for Ohio? He was a six year senior!
why, exactly, is it pathetic that the man was able to be a top of the line D1 athlete and still graduate early? he didn't take ballroom dancing because he was trying to slide through... he took it because he had already completed all of his other course work.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yeah, nobody ever takes fluff courses at other schools. *cough cough Andy Katzenmoyer cough cough*
Old 01-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

ok i take it back... leinart redshirted his freshman year, so he didn't graduate early, but he did graduate on time... something that most college students don't do, let alone college students with the sort of schedule required of a D1 quarterback.

redshirting is allowed under NCAA rules. seeing as he graduated, all he needed was to take one class, and any class that he wanted. so he picked ballroom dancing.

a friend of mine actually just took ballroom dancing at SUNY Stony Brook for 3 credits.

god knows i've taken plenty of fluff classes in my time. i took wellness, for pete's sake. i got 4 credits for taking women's studies, where i was the only guy in the entire class
Old 01-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

I actually took a Bowling class...but it was only a 1 credit PE class...aced it though.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I rather enjoy when announcers say that a given athlete's major is General Studies. I didn't see that major offered to me at my college, it could've been quite fun. Instead I took super cool classes like Biochemistry and Physiology, making me the dumbass.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #12
War Child

I just think there is something not quite right about an athlete being able to take only one course b/c they want him for their multi-million dollar money making football team. If he was anyone else that ballroom class would have been completed during the summer.

I have no problems with what he took (hell I took the history of rock and roll music where my stone out prof. said we "were doing this class for Jerry") it is the fact he is a part-time, part-time student playing college ball. Thee is just something not right with that in my mind.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

not only did i take racquetball for 1 credit, i then proceeded to take advanced racquetball the following semester.

i also took advanced basketball with a professor who was from china and knew absolutely nothing about basketball. baisicly i tought the class.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

I couldn't take Bowling 2, they demolished the lanes for a new weightroom for the football team the summer after I took Bowling.
I could have taken Raquetball though, probably should have.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #15
War Child

i also took advanced basketball with a professor who was from china and knew absolutely nothing about basketball. baisicly i tought the class. [/B][/QUOTE]

that's awesome