So....coke or pepsi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pepsi. Interestingly enough, taste tests have shown time and again that people prefer the taste of Pepsi. They just like the image of Coke more.
The following is an excerpt from an article on the origins of New Coke. The full article can be found at: http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/newcoke.htm

"The early 1980s found Coke teetering on the edge of losing the cola war to Pepsi. The previous fifteen years saw Coca-Cola's market share remain flat while Pepsi's continued to climb. Pepsi was winning in the supermarkets (where shoppers had free rein to choose either beverage), and it was only Coke's greater availability in restricted markets (such as soda vending machines and fast food outlets) that was keeping its numbers ahead of Pepsi's. (Coke's market share had been shrinking for decades, from 60% just after World War II to under 24% in 1983.)"

"When all other factors were eliminated, it came down to a matter of flavor. Batteries of well-controlled taste tests showed folks liked the taste of Pepsi better. Seemingly confirming that original Coca-Cola had a taste problem was the popularity of Diet Coke, a beverage formulated in such a way that it ended up with a flavor a lot closer to that of Pepsi than to its parent beverage."

Pepsi does not suck. Pepsi rules
tongue.gif

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
[*]Pepsi sucks
[*]Diet ANYTHING tastes like ass

interestingly enough, however, diet ass can be absolutely stupendous. or just annoying.

Coke for me.
7-up, Dr. Pepper, Canada Dry, A&W are also favorites.

Note to everyone: Orange Crush, if you use licquorish(sp) as a straw, causes massive fizzing LOL.

Annnnnyways...

Hey, I'm from LA - Coke all the way!!!!!
Ohhh, youre talking about SODA arent you...Oops, NM!!!
redface.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Pepsi all the way!

I was gonna stop drinking it after those BSpears adds. But I cant stop ...

However Coke is good when mixed with rum ... dam havent had that in a long time ...

.kevM - Vote U2
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

Has anyone had Pepsi Twist?

Does it taste like Lysol?

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end [of
Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Has anyone had Pepsi Twist?

Does it taste like Lysol?

I've had Pepsi Twist, and it seriously just tastes like Pepsi with a little lemon added in. If you add a little lemonade to Pepsi it'll taste the same. I didn't really like it just because it seems dumb to add lemon to Pepsi.

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
I've had Pepsi Twist, and it seriously just tastes like Pepsi with a little lemon added in. If you add a little lemonade to Pepsi it'll taste the same. I didn't really like it just because it seems dumb to add lemon to Pepsi.

Yeah, and what's up with that Red Mountain Dew? It scares me. I've never tried it bc it seems like it wants to enter me to EAT my SOUL or something. *hides from Red Mountain Dew* lol That's scary lookin' stuff.

------------------
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

Red Mountain Dew? Eeeww...That's right up there with green mashed potatoes in the list of things that should not be fit for consumption...

------------------
*It's just a moment
This time will pass*

I've had the red Mountain Dew. It's called Code Red. It's not too bad I guess... For some reason I'm thinking it tastes like Cherry 7-up. Or...um, cherry Mountain Dew.
Anyways, it's nothing great.

Coke+whiskey + lemon and speedball , this combination is perfect

[This message has been edited by IvanClaytonJnr (edited 12-07-2001).]

Pepsi. They make mountain dew. Mountain Dew has caffine. I live off a steady diet of mountain dew and vodka. I am after all a college student. Coke and their evil mellow yellow are NOT a replacement. Plus it violates my punk rock ideals to sell out to Coke because they are the #1 evil heartless multinatuonal corporation. They are in a very real way currently trying to influence the market in China and flood it with coke instead of traditional drinks like flavored soymilk (yummy!) I mean I know that Pepsi is evil too, it just tastes a little less evil. Ummmm evil......

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Personally I like Diet Pepsi - I like the lemon twist one.
Diet Coke isnt bad, but they're lemon one is gross.
Personally dont care for the regular stuff because I hate the feeling all the sugar leaves in your mouth!
The Red Mountain Dew isn't bad - ever have a Shirley Temple when you were little? IT's tastes a lot like that - plus the sugar and caffiene does wonders on the night shift.

And Schabow - do they still make Crystal Pepsi???

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Anyone remember Orangina? Man I used to LOVE that stuff. Do they still make it? Can someone send me some?!

------------------
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Coke.....

I don't mind the taste of Pepsi...but for some reason it puts me to sleep! I'm serious...about an hour after I drink a can of Pepsi...I'm drowsy and want to nap...!!

dream wanderer

You guys get flavoured coke and pepsi???

*looks at where Aus. is located on the globe and scowls.

We had this clear pepsi for a while a few year ago, but it tasted like cat piss and they took it off the market.

I also know that a few years ago, the 1.25L Pepsi was the highest selling upermarket cola in Aus. Followed by 2L coke, then some other size pepsi.

Have YOU done the Pepsi Taste Challenge????

biggrin.gif

Don?t care which one it actually is, if only there is enough rye in the same glass...

------------------
beLIEve

cherry coke
biggrin.gif

------------------
Happy Hannukah!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Back
Top Bottom