so, are you who you really are when you post on interference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frankly it's scary if some people aren't and they are really that way.

What is the need for "making up some other personality" , do some people think their real selves aren't interesting enough or something? Or are they seeking attention?

As I said before its all me......with the one negative acception.....don't get my horns twisted, I stand up for myself pretty well and I don't take BS from anyone.

Thats all.

Re: Re: so, are you who you really are when you post on interference?

lmjhitman said:

you're gonna break my heart if you tell me you're not really a puppy posting on the internets.

i would gladly take your hand, even if you're not really marilyn. :sexywink:

I'm actually..............

ready...............?

here it comes.......................!

jim.jpg

Tada!

...and btw, I know who Pam is. :shh:

MrsSpringsteen said:

What is the need for "making up some other personality" , do some people think their real selves aren't interesting enough or something? Or are they seeking attention?

For me, attention was the last thing I wanted, that's why I made alters, to be somebody else, to avoid the old baggage and just be accepted as one of the average people in the crowd without all the crap. Of course, it never worked. I always gave myself away. It was, however, out of a sad pent up desire to be liked and accepted, something I didn't feel I was as myself. It was NEVER anything mean or sinister, it was always due to my own insecurities about myself.

I really do think a LOT of people here have made alters to 'hide' from past issues they'd rather bury in their past. Look at the number of members here. I'd bet a good third of them are alters, or re-registers for some reason (even something as simple as lost password and dead old email making it irretrievable) Unless they are made to troll and bash, I really don't see any harm in alters.

Angela Harlem said:

i like your real and barbed self, miss kitten! i've always said that.

:sexywink:

Thanks :hug: And I've always thought you're cool, and were the best mod!

Having an alter (or 2 or 20) and getting a new username aren't the same thing. I simply wanted a new name b/c I use this one on all my other forums (my old one is too long for most) and I like it better. By definition, an "alter" means you want a different self. My old username is basically retired, and everyone that knows me knows what it is (and it's listed w/ this one in Sicy's directory).

Liesje said:
My old username is basically retired, and everyone that knows me knows what it is (and it's listed w/ this one in Sicy's directory).

Everyone knew some of my alters were me too. Rock and Roll Kitty even had a location of 'yes, of course I'm her alter.' Everyone in the football forums knew I was Peyton Manning, and everyone on PLEBA knew I was Bono Kitty- my own cat! They were just for fun.

martha said:

I don't know what Sicy's directory is. Should I? :reject:

The sticky thread where she indexes the pics. I use it like an Interference directory, so I can have faces with names.

Liesje said:
Having an alter (or 2 or 20) and getting a new username aren't the same thing.

That's what I thought.

maybe I have blue eyes, sometimes they look green, technically they might be green, but mostly brown :shrug: throughout most of my life I wanted blue eyes.

*browneyedgirl* said:

That's what I thought.

maybe I have blue eyes, sometimes they look green, technically they might be green, but mostly brown :shrug: throughout most of my life I wanted blue eyes.

Oi, off my turf, bitch!!!! :mad:

:D

Making up some other personality to post with on here isn't the same as an alter, it has nothing to do with alters. It's being someone and something different than you really are in non-internet life. That's the point of the thread, not alters.

Back
Top Bottom