So...Anyone wanna see The Church? (tix on me)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
Here's the deal.

My sister is getting most of my hotel rooms for my Churchie excursion with her hotel points so I find myself with a bit of extra "Church" cash, so I thought I would spread some of it around.

So I will pay for one ticket (up to $30 face value, which should get good tickets to any venue they play) for each of the first four (4) people who post here or contact me via PM. I will also pay any ticketbastard and venue charges. You gotta pay your own shipping charges above the standard mail or will call though.

I think the best way to do it is contact me, I'll let you know if you are one of the four. Then, when I let you know you are one of the four buy your ticket and I will pay you back (I can send a check or do PayPal) for one ticket and the various charges mentioned above.

Click here for dates, venues, and ticket info. They are playing in Texas starting tuesday and then the east coast and midwest, then one show in SF.

I'd probably take you up on it, but they're in Dallas on Friday and I have work Friday night.

Really generous of you though.

Well crud, seems I can't even give tickets to see these guys away. :sad: :huh:

I'm sure I'll be able to spend the money somewhere, but the offer is still open....

And you too, inmyplace13 and the rockin edge -- you know you're giving young men a bad name when you act like responsible adults, don't you? tsk tsk tsk :tsk: :mad: :wink:

If you get to meet them please tell them to come to Winnipeg for a show - it's only 6 hours north of Minniapolis for crying in the soup. Would love to see The Church. Say hi and thanks to them for sticking around so long and continually putting out pretty good stuff.

Queen Bee said:
Uhhh... maybe you'd get better results posting this and other Church related things on THE CHURCH message boards.

Uhhh... everyone there already knows about the band and the tour.

I just figured there might be a few people here who might want to check them out, so I'm willing to foot the bill. If no one takes me up on the offer, I've plenty of other ways to spend the money.

Besides, this is the forum for bands other than U2 on this site. If you don't want to read about them perhaps you would do well not to click on the thread. My title made it pretty fucking clear (to anyone who can read) who and what is the subject of the thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bono's Shades -- they almost always play Minneapolis...except this year. They had a certain window to fit a tour. Once they filled those spots, that was it.

Harry Vest -- apparently it's become increasingly tough for them to re-enter the US from Canada, so that's part of the reason they don't go there anymore. And sadly, they also never had great sales there either. I'll pass on your comments though.

Last edited:
indra said:

Uhhh... everyone there already knows about the band and the tour.

I just figured there might be a few people here who might want to check them out, so I'm willing to foot the bill. If no one takes me up on the offer, I've plenty of other ways to spend the money.

Besides, this is the forum for bands other than U2 on this site. If you don't want to read about them perhaps you would do well not to click on the thread. My title made it pretty fucking clear (to anyone who can read) who and what is the subject of the thread.

:lol:

Such a wonderful gesture Indra :wave: Hey, I'll take some tickets off you ...

but then I'd have to start another thread 'Please Give Generously to USA Airfare Fund' :wink:

-sigh- .. oh well ..

Can I put in a request too ... *big hugs for Marty* haha .. just kidding :cool:

Hey, Trance Ending and blueeyedgirl -- you should come for the Chicago (and Milwaukee) show (I have a couple of other friends meeting me there). I'll even contribute $10 for each of you to the USA Airline fund! :D :wink:

ahh...no worries for you two though...you'll get to give Marty big hugs yourselves in a month and a half or so. :)

Sweet, I didn't even know the Church were touring! I'm there!

Just took a look at the setlist, looks pretty static, but that might be a good thing for me, as I'll have enough trouble recognizing the songs as it is.

How much do these songs sound like El Momento Descuidado?
I see a few songs from Uninvited, Like The Clouds listed, and I haven't heard that album yet.

cleazer said:

How much do these songs sound like El Momento Descuidado?

Well I have yet to see them, but from what I understand many of the songs do sound like EMD, especially the ones they recorded or re-recorded for that cd. However, apparently the energy level is way up there. Most people who have offered reviews or comments after seeing a show or shows say they can't quite believe they go so much sound and oomph acoustically. And they seem to be in a great mood too -- lots of banter (a lot of people are just learning these guys are funny as all hell) and a much more relaxed attitude (they still hate talkers, etc. though). So it should be very interesting.

And if you need to fill in your Church collection I've heard the merch table is just loaded with cds. Church stuff, solo stuff, collaborative stuff. Excellent prices too at $12 for most.

Back
Top Bottom