So, anyone else who is going to spend a nice quiet evening at home on new Year's Eve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only friend I really have down in this area is Matt (all my old friends are like 400 miles away). I'm only 20 though, and I think if he does go out that he's goin' somewhere that you have to be 21 to get in. :sigh:

Dad has no plans though, so we'll probably just chill at home and have some beer or something.

Of course, John will be callin' me so that we can be on the phone together at midnight. That always makes me happy, but it makes me sad too cuz it reminds me that we can't be together. :sigh:

I'm depressed...I'm gonna go shopping now...

I'll be somewhere above the Atlantic Ocean en route to Amsterdam. I wonder if they will tell us when New Years actually happens as we will be crossing seven time zones. lol. Complimentary champagne? One can only hope. :huh:

We usually take our kids and their friends out for sushi and then come home and listen to the fireworks and gunshots at midnight.

I can't even remember the last time I went to a party on New Years Eve. :|

I will stay with my parents, watch TV and get to bed at 1am. :huh: Like every damn year. :yawn:

I'll probably be staying home again this year and sleep thru it. Its too depressing to think about not having someone to be with on new years eve:(

I'm not sure what I'll be doing New Year's Eve yet...right now it looks like I'll be spending it at home alone tho. I usually go over to my friend Rosie's house and spend New Year's with her and her family...they haven't said anything about it this year, and I know her brother-in-law is visiting from out of town.

I've already bought my non-alcoholic champaign, plastic champaign cups, and horns for a party of one :sigh:

But I kinda like spending New Years at home too, either way I'll be happy :yes:

I think I'm going to be with my boyfriend and his family for NYE... they've rented a beach condo, so I think we'll buy some bubbly and hit the new year rather mildly.

me and some friends are going out dressed up only prob ...

i dunno who to go as :no:

narrowed it down to 4 choices ;)

moulin rouge

lara croft

naughty angel / naughty fairy

or andrea corr :p

somebody help me decide ;)

We are having a party and my uncles coming who is fun and will have great music playing and everyone will be dancing :dance:

I have never seen the :sigh: smilie so many times in one thread :eek:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Too much damn pressure to have someone is why you see all the :sigh: smilies!!!!! :mad:

I hate going out with someone and I hate when someone asks you out and then practically stalks you I have 2 freaks txting me all the time :mad:

Maybe if I met a nice boy then Id like having a boyfriend :wave:

Kids in bed by 8:00

Watch the ball drop in NYC at 9:00

Enjoy a quiet evening by the fire with my wife :sexywink:

Good night sleep

Parades and football on New Year's Day!

:tongue:

well after all that planning and fiddling about..the best laid plans...

I'll be spending a quiet evening at home with my youngest son. That will be OK, he's a card sharp and I like to have time alone with each of my kids. We'll be zzzzzzzzzzz'ing before midnight.
The nice lady at the video shop gave me 5 videos for $5 so I'm having a mini-Penelope Cruz fest and then bop around to a few U2 songs.........yeehhhhhhhhhhaaaa.
Happy New Year to you all musiclovers. 2003 already?
Peace :hug: :kiss:
:heart: :larry: :bono: :edge: :adam: :combust:

hmmmm, speak of the :mac: , my youngest was just this second on the local TV news riding his BMX bike. YIKES, bikes,$$$$:wave:

I'm going out to a club, although I really think I'd prefer the staying at home thing. :shrug: Oh, well...it's not every year that i'm in london for nye, so i might as well do something i suppose! I also have no boy to kiss on new year's, but trying not to think about that too much.

Well I wish that my best friend could come down but he isn't. :sad: It would be nice to have someone to kiss on New Years. Last New Years him, me, and my two friends Alyssa and Pamala went down town. We kept calling him our Pimp. Since he had three girls on his arms. :lol: He gave me a "real" kiss on New Years. Alyssa and Pam were like damnnnnnnnn. It is not that big a deal. He and I had uhhhhh........ realations ( I guess you could say) in the past so it was not really that big a deal. It was a really surprise that he did give me a real kiss. He always was a good kisser. *sigh* No man now to kiss. :scream: *sniff* *sniff* Oh well.

i'm going to spend the evening with my parents watching some videos or those lame tv shows, eating something..drinking.. :sigh: booooooring..
My bro will go out.. daaaaah he has a life! :sad: i need a life too!
oh and at midnight i'm gonna watch the fireworks and try to calm my dog.. she is so scared of the bangs.. poor doggie..
And I'm thinking about spending the night watching some U2 videos..gigs..drinking some hot chocolate..:yes: alone..:sigh: :(

My husband works that night and we don't drink or party anyway so... I'll toast the new year with some seltzer and call it good. Maybe I'll wake my dog up so he can share the moment with me.

~najeena~

I was just invited to my friend Rosie's house for New Year's Eve to celebrate with her and her family :happy:

i am going out to a party with my sister and her husband. my brother-in-law is singing at some sold out party in Atlanta. i am really not in the mood to go, but since my sister begged me to go, i will. i am tired of my cold and all i want to do right now is sleep. i doubt i will be all "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" at midnight.

I will do the same thing I have done every year for AGES. Go to a movie in the afternoon (Chicago), have chinese food with hubby, parents and eccentric family friend from Rochester NY who is a movie fanatic.

Lounge around, possibly playing games until midnight. Surf around TV looking at celebrations. Have champagne and take a cab home to bed!

Tomorrow is the great NYD decoration takedown and house cleaning. Yuck!

My friends and I are gonna pop some champagne bottles in my living room, toasting as each country turns (although I believe Australia already did..? and India probably now..) Fun and relaxing and no expectations, and I'll be sending out my good thoughts for a happy year & safe night to all my friends across the world.

:)

I'm hanging out at home tonight.

Watch some T.V., listen to music, hang out on the computer, or if my family wants to do something I'll be with them (except for my dad, he's got the flu :(). And I'll watch the ball drop, too.

I'm playing "New Year's Day" at midnight. :p. I figure that's the best way to ring in the new year. :).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom