so Agassi and Rafter are competing once again it seems...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
Rafter Becomes Father to a Son

Reuters

SYDNEY, Australia -- Former world No. 1 Patrick Rafter's partner Lara Feltham has given birth to the couple's first child.

"We are ecstatic to have our little man with us," Rafter said in a statement released by the ATP Tour. "Everything went well with the delivery and we are extremely thankful for the care and professionalism from the hospital and its staff.

"As you can understand, this is an intimate time in our lives and we would appreciate your respect for our privacy."

Rafter, 29, a twice former U.S. Open champion and twice Wimbledon runner-up, has been taking a break from tennis this year.

However, the 2001 Australian of the Year has been tipped to make a comeback in the next few months by former Davis Cup captain John Newcombe.

The baby boy, whose name was not revealed, was born at a hospital on Queensland's Sunshine Coast at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday.

---

well Pat seems to be keeping busy in his retirement :D

let's see, Andre and Steffi have a daughter? and btw, Anna K has stalked her way to the semifinals of the Acura Classic :sexywink:

Last edited:
she could beat Dokic today, then Venus, hmmm... no

does this have a lot to do with Rafter retiring? I mean, I had no idea this was happening! but I wish them the best of luck! Pat's a stand-up guy and I'm sure he'll do his best to be a good father, question, is this the same woman he's been dating the last couple of years?

John Fitzgerald was quoted as saying the other day that having a son will be the thing that ultimately will bring him to retirement - or to a comeback, depending on how hes thinking! I think Wimbledon 2002 was out of the question for Pat after it became clear Lara would be in the latter stages of pregnancy by then. Yes Pat and Lara have been an item for a long time now, as far back as 1997 even (i think i can remember her being in his box when he won his 1st US Open).

Yes congrats to Pat and his partner, you will notice that I live on the Sunshine Coast and this is where Pat's baby was born (Pat grew up here) and the front page of Friday's 'Sunshine Coast Daily' was news of Pat's new baby:)

Andre and Steffi have a son, I think...Jaden (dont' quote me, but I think I remember seeing a pic of Andre holding him in a magazine).

AS for Pat and Lara, yes, they've been dating for years and years now Pat was named Australian of the Year 2001, but many officials were worried, as he wasn't married and his girlfriend was pregnant. If I remember correctly, many of his friends stood up for him, saying that he would be an excellent father (he comes from a huge family). Judging by his classy attitude, I have no doubt of that.

Pat coming back? SOunds too good to be true. I remember an interview where he said (and I'm paraphrasing) "It's not one of those things that's going to happen for me. I've come to accept that" (re: Wimbledon).

I for one, would love to see Pat win Wimby, if he never played again. I think it woud mean a lot to him. I know he's incredibly happy that Lleyton won.

All in all, I miss Pat. We need some class on the court, not trash.

Thanks for the article Wanderer.

My most favourite tennis player in the world for what seems like along time now, is Andre Agassi. I loved Ivan Lendl and Pat Cash too, but my second favourite tennis player is Patrick Rafter.
He will be a glorious father. I have seen a documentary about his family. His mother is a beautiful open-hearted woman who has raised a large family and filled it with love, it would appear.

So yes, it's grand news. What name did they chose? I know I can ask tomorrow. My friend, my side kick in these things, is helping me with a soccer club fund raiser, tomorrow..EARLY!! She is a tennis nut. I seriously , for a while, wanted to call my first son, if that's what the baby turned out to be, Andre. Not because of Agassi, I just liked the name. Hub didn't.
Anyway Patrick, thanks for all you've done for the kids, sharing the success of your talent and effort. Go :heart: your own baby boy.
Agassi vs Rafter .. some match, somewhere 2022AD. I look forward to it:)

well as it turns out, my friend didn't know the name of his baby ( and gee it's hard to raise money for things like kid's soccer these days, very dismal, ANYway)
I turned on the Tv last night and caught the second half of Pat Rafter being interviewed on "The Panel". What a gentleman:heart:
He was talking about his wife and the baby and how they were being treated by the media, but he never said the baby's name. I STILL don't know!!
He has packed up his home Bermuda and moved back to Oz. The interviewers were teasing him about coming home just so grandma can take care of the baby. He obviously loves Lara.Good luck to them.
He was a boy himself just yesterday wasn't he? **cass faints**

**cass agrees with laura**...on several things:)

too many typos to let that one pass..wooooooppps

Last edited:
brettig said:
How about K for Kerensky, as in not quite there?

I reckon to some people, generally the male of the species, and perhaps some females as well (this is tenis of course!) Anna is, in fact, all there.

As for Kerensky, ah well, he was too much of a democrat in a time when day to day existence was more of a priority to most.

Another one?

I just saw baby Agassi on TV. I'm glad Steffi allowed that. He's got those "don't miss a trick" eyes.
Patrick Rafter named his son Joshua...nice name eh?
and I notice there is a baby Sampras on the way. This future tournament is getting bigger. Top seed,s seed everywhere ,so as to speak.
They must feel great. Exceptional successful careers winding down, beautiful wives and healthy babies to love:heart: :heart: :heart:
Congratulations to them all.
What a great year of sport it has been so far, imho.
Next year...Hewitt;)

Back
Top Bottom