Snow Patrol tour 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Fanatic4ever said:
OMG!!! WHAT A GREAT GREAT SHOW IN CAMDEN, NJ!!:drool: :drool:
Both opening bands were just great. I really like OK GO (great music, they also covered an ELO song, Don't get me Down I believe, that was fun) the lead singer was hilarious. Interacting with the crowd constantly. I had no idea they were a local band, that the singer is from the DC area.
Anyways.. I didn't bring my camera like a moron cuz we had reserved seats about 23 rows up from the stage. And we were sitting thinking it would be cool to be in the GA Pit. I noticed one of the venue staff walking around talking to various people in our section and the next one. I was wondering what she was asking them. So, she finally came up to these young guys in the row in front of us and actually were right there talking in front of us. They asked them if they wanted to trade their seats for pit tickets. And before these guys could utter a word. Me and my hubby said "WE WILL TAKE THEM!!" and the guy said wait we asked these guys first. So these guys finally said no they wanted to stay. So WE GOT PIT TIX!! WE WERE SO JAZZED! I just can't believe all these people turned down pit tix before us. I mean to be up front right there in front of the band.. and you say no thank you? :banghead: So, we walked into the pit and I got right on the rail on the left side of the stage (I was having U2 GA flashbacks...hahaha I said to myself, hey I am right in front of Edge :giggle: ) Once we got there I was thinking WHY DID I HAVE TO FORGET MY CAMERA..:mad: So I was stuck using my RED Motorazr camera. I might get something out of it.. doubtfully tho.

Snow Patrol were incredible.. they didn't get on stage till after 10pm. They were a lot of fun. Gary was funny interacting with the crowd. I don't know about others saying they couldn't understand him but I heard him loud and clear.

Here's the setlist ( I happened to ask the security guy for btw..)

Spitting Games
Beginning to get to me
Chocolate
Headlights
How to be dead
Grazed Knees
Chasing Cars
Shut your eyes
Set fire to the third bar (brought a girl up from the audience for this, she did all right)
Somewhere a clock is ticking
Make this go on forever
Ways and means
Run :)heart: this song!)
You're all I have
Encore
Finish line
Open your eyes
Hands open

Edgeman.. definitely bring a camera... see my story above.. I so wished I had my digitial considering where I ended up.. Great shots I could of got.. grr.. Guess I need to learn to be more psychic...:huh:

I was going to start a new thread on this but I guess I will post it here.. For anyone who is a relatively new fan or not..

I have to say their older stuff is amazing and if you haven't heard of "Songs for Polar Bears" (released 1999) is so different, raw and am digging this one.. :wink: Definitely a new appreciation for a band that I love!

Track listing:

1 Downhill From Here [Lyrics] (great song)
2 Starfighter Pilot
3 The Last Shot Ringing In My Ears
4 Absolute Gravity :)heart: this one!)
5 Get Balsamic Vinegar...Quick You Fool
6 Mahogany
7 NYC
8 Little Hide
9 Make Up
10 Velocity Girl (another good one)
11 Days Without Paracetamol
12 Fifteen Minutes Old
13 Favourite Friend
14 One Hundred Things You Should Have Done In Bed
15 Marketplace
16 I Could Stay Away Forever :)
17 Sticky Teenage Twin (another one..)
18 Holy Cow
19 When You're Right You'e Right (Darth Vader Bringing In His Washing Mix)

Also their next album following this, "When It's All Over We Still Have to Clear Up "(released 2001) has some even more raw stuff.

1 Never Gonna Fall in Love Again
2 Ask Me How I Am
3 Making Enemies
4 Black and Blue
5 Last Ever Lone Gunman
6 If I'd Found the Right Words to Say
7 Batten Down the Hatch
8 One Night Is Not Enough
9 Chased by.... I Don't Know What
10 On/Off
11 Olive Grove Facing the Sea
12 When It's All Over We Still Have to Clear Up
13 Make Love to Me Forever
14 Firelight

Last edited:
I'm a fairly new fan of Snow Patrol, just started listening to them a few months ago, but they have rapidly become one of my most favorites. It seems they are all I'm listening to right now on my i-pod and i-tunes. Their play counts up there with U2 now. :ohmy:
I can put An Olive Grove Facing The Sea on repeat and just listen to it over and over. That is such an amazing, beautiful song. :heart:

Sworn to secrecy I might go after school
She was an angel I saw her swimming there
I am in such a mess I can't cope without this
She just teases me pretends she can't see me here

So let me go out there
I can breathe fresh air
Stay with you all night
Just let me love you
Just for a while want to
Be with you all night
Be with you all night

Until I fall asleep
Just let me be here
I won't tell anyone

Don't want to wake up

The blind lead the blind so why can't I find my way
This could be heaven but I don't know where I am
I am too scared to come out from behind here
My body is aching it feels like it's wearing me

I just love Gary Lightbody's lyrics, they get to me. :drool:

mdw3935 said:
I'm a fairly new fan of Snow Patrol, just started listening to them a few months ago, but they have rapidly become one of my most favorites. It seems they are all I'm listening to right now on my i-pod and i-tunes. Their play counts up there with U2 now. :ohmy:
I can put An Olive Grove Facing The Sea on repeat and just listen to it over and over. That is such an amazing, beautiful song. :heart:

Sworn to secrecy I might go after school
She was an angel I saw her swimming there
I am in such a mess I can't cope without this
She just teases me pretends she can't see me here

So let me go out there
I can breathe fresh air
Stay with you all night
Just let me love you
Just for a while want to
Be with you all night
Be with you all night

Until I fall asleep
Just let me be here
I won't tell anyone

Don't want to wake up

The blind lead the blind so why can't I find my way
This could be heaven but I don't know where I am
I am too scared to come out from behind here
My body is aching it feels like it's wearing me

I just love Gary Lightbody's lyrics, they get to me. :drool:

Amen to that! Beautiful song no doubt about it!:drool: I agree with you on the lyrics.. he has the knack for some wonderful lyrics.

Hey, I noticed you are in Maryland.. Where abouts? I am living in Odenton, MD.

hippy said:
It's so cool that you all are into their older stuff! I kept hoping that they'd play something from their first two albums at the concert. But, alas... no "Starfighter Pilot" for me :(

And here's a link to my concert pics and review from the Boston show last Wednesday

http://www2.bc.edu/~egolf/2007-03-28_SnowPatrol.html

I :heart: Starfighter Pilot!

Yeah.. it's such a shame.. we need to convince SP to play the old stuff. I read in the Q and A on their website that they aren't playing the old stuff cuz the audience/most anyways are unfamiliar and they don't get a strong enough crowd reaction according to what Gary said. If I ever get the chance to meet them I am so gonna try and convince them to play old stuff next time. I think they would be surpised at home many of us fans know and love the old stuff.

Very cool pics btw!!:wink:

hippy said:
It's so cool that you all are into their older stuff! I kept hoping that they'd play something from their first two albums at the concert. But, alas... no "Starfighter Pilot" for me :(

And here's a link to my concert pics and review from the Boston show last Wednesday

http://www2.bc.edu/~egolf/2007-03-28_SnowPatrol.html
I loved the pictures, thanks for sharing. I wish I could have seen them when they were down in D.C. We had to go out of town so I wasn't going to be around for it. :sad:
I wish they would play Starfighter Pilot. Such a cool song. It is ashame that people don't go and discover their earlier stuff. Some amazing songs there just waiting to be heard. Like I said before, I just love Gary's lyrics. I'm thinking of ordering The Cake Sale cd just because I love that song "Some Surprise" Gary does with Lisa Hannigan so much. It's gonna cost me $31.49 from CD Universe since they haven't released it on I-tunes yet.:mad: That song is is absolutely wonderful. :drool:

Originally posted byU2Fanatic4ever
Yeah.. it's such a shame.. we need to convince SP to play the old stuff. I read in the Q and A on their website that they aren't playing the old stuff cuz the audience/most anyways are unfamiliar and they don't get a strong enough crowd reaction according to what Gary said. If I ever get the chance to meet them I am so gonna try and convince them to play old stuff next time. I think they would be surpised at home many of us fans know and love the old stuff.
I go over to their website often. Have you heard their new song for Spiderman 3 yet? They play a small portion of it on the home page. I like what I hear and can't wait to hear the whole song. :hyper:

To answer your question I live in the big booming town of Urbana, MD. We just got our first grocery store. :wink:

Looks like Nathan got hurt the other nite.. and will be sitting for the next few shows.. poor guy! bad luck seems to follow him lately.
Here's the post from SP's website...

UPDATE FROM THE ROAD PART II
In the last day or so we’ve seen a few posts on the forum and had a few emails about Nathan and the possible cancellation of shows. We thought we should let you know that Nathan has very badly sprained his foot and ankle and cannot put any weight on it.

We would like to assue you that NO shows will be cancelled because of this, although its likely Nate will be playing sat down for the next few shows.

Apart from Nathan’s leg, the boys are all in good spirits and enjoying the sold out tour. You can catch up with photos and reviews of the shows in SP.com’s tour reporter feature by clicking here.

I just saw them last night in Calgary. IT was a fantastic show. They did a few songs different live than what I liked. Chocolate didn't sound all that great.

What made the show special for me was "Somewhere a clock is ticking". That song sounded incredible live.

I thought is funny that most people in the audience only knew "Chasing Cars". I didn't expect that song to be a pop hit.

I went to the Edmonton show the other night, the last show of the tour. It was awesome...actually behond awesome.

Silversun pickups rocked the house to their own surprise. The lead singer "wanted to buy a condo here" due to how many women were at the show. They had a short set, but a great light show to back it up. For "lazy eye" all three drummers for the night came out to play in what woudl be a staple of the show for the night. Also, during one of the song the bassist for Ok Go broadcast himself stripping for the camera backstage...it was kinda odd in a very funny way.

Second was Ok Go and their very odd visual show. I'm not the biggest fan of theirs, but I'll admit that they are VERY catchy. After their set they preformed the dance from their first single for the crew. It was so spot on and unexpected.

Snow Patrol was AMAZING!!! They had so much energy and seemed very surprised that the crowd up here in Canada loved them so much. IT was a packed house for snow patrol, even the bleechers were full which never happens. The crowd was super loud for the encore to come on...and when it did they roof blew off the place for hands open. Every band member from every band came out to celebrate the end of the tour by drinking champagene and shooting streemers off while dancing and drumming and hugging. The song ended and every hugged...then posed for a big group shot.

The night was VERY satisfying to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom