Snow Patrol tour 2007 - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by got_edge

How were the seats at the Tabernacle? What section did you get?
It was a completely GA show, so I just got there about an hour early to get near the front.

As far as the seats go, if you could get in one of the first rows of the lowest balcony, those would be awesome seats. Almost right on top of the stage.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #47
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 08:34 PM
So glad to hear awesome reports of the shows! I can't wait for Carrie's review either

I'm going to the Boston show tomorrow night... and turns out they picked me as their "tour reporter" for the show! Which means some sort of special access pass and my review will be posted on their website! I'm really excited

As far as setlists go, U2Fanatic4ever, that setlist above looks pretty much the same (minus "Set the Fire...") as last fall's setlist. I think they pretty much stick to the Final Straw and Eyes Open tracks that everyone might know. Which kind of makes me sad, cause I'd love to hear "Starfighter Pilot," "Post Punk Progression," and "An Olive Grove Facing the Sea"

Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #48
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by hippy

I'm going to the Boston show tomorrow night... and turns out they picked me as their "tour reporter" for the show! Which means some sort of special access pass and my review will be posted on their website! I'm really excited
What??? How did you get that?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:34 AM   #49
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by clifedge
As far as the seats go, if you could get in one of the first rows of the lowest balcony, those would be awesome seats. Almost right on top of the stage.
I hope the venue's not too big. I'm alllll the way on the 4 level for Damien Rice.

Well, at least it's front row
Old 03-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #50
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Quote:
Originally posted by clifedge

What??? How did you get that?

Members area of the website... anyone can apply at least two days before the show you plan to attend. You submit a short (100 word) description of why you'd like to be the tour reporter for that date and then they pick from whoever submits.

Needless to say, it's a really exciting thing! Not sure yet what kinds of privileges you actually get, but we'll find out soon enough!

Old 03-28-2007, 03:25 AM   #51
War Child

I saw them on the 21st in Georgia. Great show and I loved the interaction with the crowd. It was very last minute but we still got GA and the crowd was very enthusiastic.

At least for me Snow Patrol is one of the few groups that puts together a good album. I like it when you can see the thought behind the tracks and the flow works. Same for the live list.

I hate it when you get an album and you get stuck with a few tracks that seem out of place and you end up skipping them each time. Thanks iTunes for playlists.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
From Monday:

Old 03-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #53
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by got_edge

I hope the venue's not too big. I'm alllll the way on the 4 level for Damien Rice.

Well, at least it's front row
I've been up there. Front row of that level should still be ok.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #54
The Fly

Local Time: 12:34 AM
Is anybody looking for a pair of Montreal tix for Friday night? Face value... and preferably someone in the Ottawa Area
Old 03-30-2007, 04:09 PM   #55
Refugee

Local Time: 06:34 PM
thank you for the set list...it is now my Snow Patrol playlist. Only a few more weeks till the show...I think I'll stand very close for this one.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #56
Blue Crack Distributor

Last night was incredible.

I took a few pictures, but they aren't nearly as good as the ones already posted, as we were a little further back. It was one hell of a show, though. Two of the highlights for me were Hands Open and Set Fire To The Third Bar (I was kinda scared for the girl who came up to sing it, but she was decent!).

Awesome show.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Last night was incredible.

I took a few pictures, but they aren't nearly as good as the ones already posted, as we were a little further back. It was one hell of a show, though. Two of the highlights for me were Hands Open and Set Fire To The Third Bar (I was kinda scared for the girl who came up to sing it, but she was decent!).

Awesome show.

Great news! glad you had a good time.. They incredible aren't they? I just can't get enough now.. Wish I had tix to more shows and hope they come back the states again real soon! I just about lost it when they did Run.. that song..
The show I went to (Camden, NJ), the girl who did Set Fire to the Third Bar was a complete mess. Scared the shite out of Gary.. He still talks about how scared he was at the shows following that one from what I hear and read on the SP boards.
What ya think of the opening bands? I just loved OK GO... They were great and Silversun Pickups reminded me of the Pixies. I think that was the first concert I have ever been to where I really liked the opening band/s. Except for maybe The Elevation tour and having No Doubt open up for U2.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor

Run

We arrived literally two minutes before OK Go started their set (ok, make that more like five after getting a couple drinks ). They weren't bad - I wish I had gotten to see Silverspun Pickups but oh well.

I saw Snow Patrol for the first time last fall, and this show was better. The crowd was more into it at the fall show, though, which was unfortunate, but still, I had a great time.

Oh, and I meant to say this in my other post, but I am SO over Chasing Cars it's not even funny. I hadn't listened to it in months and when they started it last night I sang along but it does absoultey nada for me anymore.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Run

We arrived literally two minutes before OK Go started their set (ok, make that more like five after getting a couple drinks ). They weren't bad - I wish I had gotten to see Silverspun Pickups but oh well.

I saw Snow Patrol for the first time last fall, and this show was better. The crowd was more into it at the fall show, though, which was unfortunate, but still, I had a great time.

Oh, and I meant to say this in my other post, but I am SO over Chasing Cars it's not even funny. I hadn't listened to it in months and when they started it last night I sang along but it does absoultey nada for me anymore.

Yeah, I so over Chasing Cars too.. too much over exposure there. Technically the first time I saw them was at Coachella in 2003 or 2004 I forget.. But only caught the tail end of their show.. Wish now that I had seen the whole thing. So I guess the show in NJ is my first time...
Old 04-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #60
Refugee

Local Time: 06:34 PM
I really feel the need to take a good camera to this show now....I plan on being close this time since there will be no circle pit like the usual shows i go to.