Snow Patrol tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snow Patrol rocked last night. The new songs for the next album were unbelievable. I will definitely see this band again.

The crowd sucked though. They've become too much of an "abercrombie" band and popular among the "cool" kids who are too cool to get into a concert. It was really weird to tell you the truth. There were people on the front row (I was probably 20 ft from the stage b/c I took a nap before going) that weren't even bopping their heads. I was just amazed that someone would wait outside before the door opens and then do that at the concert. :rolleyes:

No idea. Just said they are getting ready to go back into the studio.

Wish I could, but I don't remember and I don't write them down. Also, Snow Patrol is one of those bands that I cannot remember the names of their songs. Probably b/c the names have nothing to do with the lyrics on most of the songs.

They pretty much played the entire Final Straw album, probably 3 or 4 new songs, and about 3 old ones. The old ones were much more rocked out and kicked ace live, but the lyrics were crap. One song just repeated the same phrase over and over again, the just rocked out on a chorus with no lyrics. Cheap songwriting in my opinion, but the song was so cool I over looked it.

EDIT - I forgot to mention that I got a drum stick as they were thrown out into the audience. Kind of cool.

I was supposed to see them tonight but my parents wouldn't let me buy tickets unless I did good on my school exams (school ended yesterday) and now they are sold out:sad: I thought you would be able to buy at the door like the other shows at the venue but I was just on their website and it says no tickets are available:sad:

..but I hope all you guys who go have fun!:) I bought the Somerset House dvd, they rock live!!

I posted a review of the concert in Atlanta in my journal. I loved the concert. It was awesome. :heart:

here is my take on the concert:

Wow what a great concert. I was on the floor with my 15 year old nephew for the concert. Athelte opened up and did an amazing set and then Snow Patrol came on stage. The crowd went nuts the minute they walked on stage and they did not stop. The band were all smiles at the sight and sounds of the sold out crowd. The venue for the concert was moved to a larger venue because the demand here was so high. From what I could tell it was pretty much a sell out.

Everytime we sang back to them, they smiled really big. They put on an amazing show. I cannot wait to see them again! They played a lot of songs from Final Straw and several new tracks that they are working on for their upcoming album. Both bands were so happy to be in Atlanta. They said we are the "greenest city" they have ever seen in the US and they loved that there are more trees than buildings. Snow Patrol welcomed our beautiful sunny day too. They will be back, they promised.

I am so happy I took my nephew to this concert. This was his first rock concert. I think it was a great one to introduce him to. He must think I am a total nut. Here is his hard ass aunt who is going bonkers at a concert, bouncing up and down, screaming, clapping, cheering and when the concert is over I go right back to Aunt Iris the very protective aunt. I am happy now that he is 15 and able to go to concerts. He is in for it now. I told him both bands that he saw tonight will be opening up for U2 in the coming months. His face after I told him this::ohmy: haha .

Thank God for music and for concerts. They allow me to release so much stress and to escape to a fun place.

I have to say this concert was so much better than the Stereophonics show. The Stereophonics did not have that much appreciation for their fans at all. They did not talk that much to us and did not have any interaction with the audience other than to cuss out the loud fans from Wales . However with Snow Patrol you could see how grateful they were for the response they received. They took time to talk to us many of times and you can tell they were so happy to be playing on stage. Smiles like they had cannot hide what they were feeling. Athelte also looked to receive the attention the same way as Snow Patrol did. It always amazes me when a crowd feeds love to a band and how a band will give the love back with great music and sincere appreciation. Some bands have attitudes that make you wonder why they are in the business. Fans bring them the fame and fortune and a band should never ever forget that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom