Snow Patrol appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HelloAngel said:

I haven't heard that one...I've read interviews where he talks about ex-girlfriends. :shrug:

I must be wrong I just got the idea from the lyrics on final straw. He says "is there a shirt I can wear?" "cause I'm so gay look at me." It also seems as though he is refering to someone as a male during the first song on final straw.

Adam22 said:

I must be wrong I just got the idea from the lyrics on final straw. He says "is there a shirt I can wear?" "cause I'm so gay look at me." It also seems as though he is refering to someone as a male during the first song on final straw.

Actually, to correct the lyrics, he says:
Is there a T-shirt I can wear
Coz I am soaking look at me

As for the album's first song, "How to be Dead" - it is a conversation between a girlfriend and boyfriend who are fighting it seems. Each person takes a turn in a seperate verse. He wrote it from both perspectives.

HelloAngel said:

As for the album's first song, "How to be Dead" - it is a conversation between a girlfriend and boyfriend who are fighting it seems. Each person takes a turn in a seperate verse. He wrote it from both perspectives.

I always find the genious bit about that song, intentional or otherwise, is that when I hear the line "You've not heard a single word I have said", I realise that he's right, although I can sing along to the first bit, you don't really take it in at all. Am I being crazy or does anyone else get this too?

I'll see 'em at croker but not too pushed... I picked up Final Straw but I can't say it'll make me rush out and grab the next one... few good tracks though

HelloAngel said:

Actually, to correct the lyrics, he says:
Is there a T-shirt I can wear
Coz I am soaking look at me

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I thought that those were some strange lyrics. They all make much more since now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom