Snow Patrol!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So who in here has heard of this band?

This band is from Belfast/Glasgow.

I saw them back in the Spring in Philadelphia and they were great! I only have one of their albums by they have two other's. The New Album is called "Final Straw" and it is a fantastic album. I sort of think of them as Coldplay but with a lot more energy! I like a lot of the music and production of the album. This is definitely the new band to watch! They are already huge in the UK and Ireland with "Final Straw" having sold 600,000 copies in the UK alone and the album hitting #1 in Ireland.

I just saw them on The Wedge on Much Music last night. Great track, the name of which completely escapes me at the moment. Check out U2log.com. Looks like they could be opening for U2!

Speaking of The Wedge, (this goes out to the ones of Canadian persuasion)....is that not a great show or what? Best thing on Much Music. I watched three straight videos before heading to bed last night: First was the one by Snow Patrol; next was 'High and Dry' by Radiohead, followed by 'There Goes the Fear Again' by Doves. Is that last one not the best video of all time or what?! Seriously, who would have thought it were possible to mish mash mountain scenes of Rio shot from a flying car with lightening fast ocean-riding trains, all the while viewing bikini clad women prancing in a kind of quasi half light jusxtaposed in and out of an entangled bliss of scenes from the 20th Century. Surreal. :up:

I'm not all that familiar with Snow Patrol, but I have heard Spitting Games and Chocolate. I like both songs, especially Chocolate, and would like to hear more sometime. :up:

I'm a big Snow Patrol fan! I've seen them twice and am so hoping they end up opening for U2 on some dates. :drool: (I've heard rumors, no idea how plausible they are but I hear that Bono is a fan? :shrug: )

They are one of the best bands around at the moment!

Havent had the chance to catch them live yet but the album Final Straw is brilliant!!!!!!!!!

celia said:
Havent had the chance to catch them live yet but the album Final Straw is brilliant!!!!!!!!!

What she said.
Tickets are like bloody gold dust for their upcoming tour.:mad:

and check out their album before Final Straw- "When it's all over we still have to clear up" which is also pretty damn good

I've only heard 'Spitting Games' and 'Run'.

I was very unimpressed with 'Spitting Games' honestly. I dont hat it it, but I dont love it (though I may later) But I really really really really really liked 'Run' :up: So yeah, I dont really know what I think so far.

DiGi said:
i missed them in DC on Friday night, but Jenn said the show was AWESOME
Yep, most definitely was...sorry you couldn't make it! :(
I tried to cut my raving about it short... ;)

It was such a good show though - the crowd was SO into it, (a few people were a little TOO into it), and even took over "Run" during the chorus...a LOT of energy.

I'm seeing them this Friday :heart:

And yes, Michael Griffiths, The Wedge IS the best show on Much Music (but also keep in mind that 80% of what MM plays is crap).

only song i've heard is 'tiny little fractures'. i think i liked it. i have a great memory, don't it...

holy shit! i finally downloaded "final straw" and it is absolutely amazing!

i'm definitely a new fan!

You guys are making me nervous! They are playing at a sold out concert in my hometown and I don't if I can get tickets!! I will be so bummed if I can't see them.

I saw them last Ocotber when they were supporting Travis in the Ulster Hall, Belfast. They have become really really huge since then. Back then not many people had heard of them. I only knew about them because I used to have class with a boy in school who was obsessed with them. :up:

A fine band, they are much better live now. They didn't get much of ar eaction when we went to see them.

Just bought the album so I had to bump this thread.

I think that 'Run' could be the best song of the year. It actually made me start to cry because my wife and I are currently seperated. Not because of problems but we are in the process of moving, and she has already moved to her new job and I am stuck behind until I find a job there as well. But the song really hit home with all the lines about being apart but making it through.

I have never had a song effect me before like that. I hope they open for U2 in the US.

bsp77 said:
Just bought the album so I had to bump this thread.

I think that 'Run' could be the best song of the year. It actually made me start to cry because my wife and I are currently seperated. Not because of problems but we are in the process of moving, and she has already moved to her new job and I am stuck behind until I find a job there as well. But the song really hit home with all the lines about being apart but making it through.

I have never had a song effect me before like that. I hope they open for U2 in the US.

Powerful, powerful song. It has made me cry too. :hug:

u2popmofo said:
I've only heard 'Spitting Games' and 'Run'.

I was very unimpressed with 'Spitting Games' honestly. I dont hat it it, but I dont love it (though I may later) But I really really really really really liked 'Run' :up: So yeah, I dont really know what I think so far.

Nice avatar awesom-o

Just picked up "Final Straw." I enjoy this album thoroughly. It's somewhere between Travis and something much harder-edged... the album is quite enjoyable.

I really like their new song!:hyper: I don't have there c.d. yet. But to me, they seem unique but at the same time not. They reminded of simaliar bands like, Cheap Trick.

Does anyone know the brand of the jacket he uses in the Run Video, I been looking for a jacket like that, you know kind of a military look, anyone?

I bumped this thread up because I just got "Final Straw", and so far, I like it.....any more news on them opening for U2?

I love the Snow Patrol CD and would LOVE to see them open for U2!

and....
Michael Griffiths said:
Speaking of The Wedge, (this goes out to the ones of Canadian persuasion)....is that not a great show or what? Best thing on Much Music.

The Wedge is the BEST reason to stay home and watch TV on a Friday night! :up:

Back
Top Bottom