SNOW DAY!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-31-2002, 09:22 AM   #1
Refugee
 
spinninghead77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,392
Local Time: 04:26 AM
SNOW DAY!!!

Because of the Snow, I didn't go to work today!!

Yipee!!!

Anyone want to come over and go tobaggoning, or make snow angels??
__________________

__________________
spinninghead77 is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 10:10 AM   #2
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 07:26 PM
Cool! you snowed in then?

*starts a snow ball fight*

__________________

__________________
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 10:16 AM   #3
Refugee
 
spinninghead77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,392
Local Time: 04:26 AM
I can still go outside to play

*Throws snowball at Angela*

__________________
spinninghead77 is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 10:28 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
HeartlandGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,835
Local Time: 01:26 AM
My university doesn't open til noon, and my class today is at 10:30, so I'm having a snow day too!

Only, there's not really any snow here.

*throws ice*

Hmmm...it's just not the same.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart
__________________
HeartlandGirl is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 12:02 PM   #5
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,816
Local Time: 04:26 AM
I'm having a snow day too!

Since I also work at the college, no work for me either!

And...most importantly...no accounting test!!!!!!

However...we're having bad accidents around here because of the weather...I've already heard reports of one man dead.


------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
__________________
Bonochick is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 12:12 PM   #6
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
 
Mrs. Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Torontonian in Maryland
Posts: 2,913
Local Time: 04:26 AM
This is what sucks about living a 5 minute walk away from work! I have absolutely no excuse for not being here.

Am playing with you in spririt, Spinning!
__________________
Mrs. Edge is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 12:40 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 03:26 AM
some people here are so wiggity-wacked out over the snow you'd have thought they'd never seen it before. it's pretty funny.
__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 12:43 PM   #8
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: on the other side of the world where people walk upside down
Posts: 275
Local Time: 03:26 AM
SO its really damned cold here and there is snow up to my knees and cars are stuck under the snow that was thrown over them in order to clear the streets and you're walking in nothing but 2 inches of ice and slush, slippin around.... and I still had school. Bastards!! Grant it I live across the street, but if you're gonna make me go to school, why not clear the pathways so I don't BREAK MY NECK?!?!?

------------------
Southern playalistic
__________________
RussellbeStaji is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 12:45 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
but if you're gonna make me go to school, why not clear the pathways so I don't BREAK MY NECK?!?!?

i'll agree with ya there - i did get some serious sludge in my shoes this morning.
__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 01:50 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Hallelujah Here She Comes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 3,528
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
SO its really damned cold here and there is snow up to my knees and cars are stuck under the snow that was thrown over them in order to clear the streets and you're walking in nothing but 2 inches of ice and slush, slippin around.... and I still had school. Bastards!! Grant it I live across the street, but if you're gonna make me go to school, why not clear the pathways so I don't BREAK MY NECK?!?!?
Tell me about it. They haven't even cleared some of the sidewalks of the six inches of snow that piled up, so I had to walk in the dirty, slushy street halfway to work. Charming.

Yesterday was even better. There was a snowstorm going on during my 30 minute walk to work. I'm pretty sure I put on a black coat before I left, but by the time I walked in the door, I was so encrusted in snow and ice that I looked like a freaking snow angel. Or perhaps snow devil would be a more appropriate term, judging from the growls and expletives that I subsequently uttered.

And school? They don't cancel classes here...EVER! You just go and hope that the prof was as tenacious as you in braving whatever meteorological delight mother nature decides to whip up.

Oh, I love Chicago...
__________________
Hallelujah Here She Comes is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 02:16 PM   #11
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 319
Local Time: 08:26 AM
It's 80 degrees here in Atlanta today.....

Guess we've already had our 2 weeks worth of winter.
__________________
Monkey79 is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 02:19 PM   #12
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: on the other side of the world where people walk upside down
Posts: 275
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Tell me about it. They haven't even cleared some of the sidewalks of the six inches of snow that piled up, so I had to walk in the dirty, slushy street halfway to work. Charming.

Yesterday was even better. There was a snowstorm going on during my 30 minute walk to work. I'm pretty sure I put on a black coat before I left, but by the time I walked in the door, I was so encrusted in snow and ice that I looked like a freaking snow angel. Or perhaps snow devil would be a more appropriate term, judging from the growls and expletives that I subsequently uttered.

And school? They don't cancel classes here...EVER! You just go and hope that the prof was as tenacious as you in braving whatever meteorological delight mother nature decides to whip up.

Oh, I love Chicago...
Girl, I'm totally here in Chi-town with you. This needs to end!!! GRRR!!!



------------------
Southern playalistic
__________________
RussellbeStaji is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 04:08 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 03:26 AM
LOL, BC, that happened to me last night. I shoveled for an hour and a half only to have my mom come home and tell me we were getting more overnight!

We are snowed in here totally. My mom didn't go to work today, and it looks like I'll be stuck here tomorrow too.

Blargh....I like snow but this is ridiculous.

------------------
My scream got lost in a paper cup...
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 01-31-2002, 06:04 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
doctorwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: My TARDIS - currently located in San Leandro, CA
Posts: 6,340
Local Time: 12:26 AM
[quote]Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
Quote:
Girl, I'm totally here in Chi-town with you. This needs to end!!! GRRR!!!

For the love of...

I grew up in Chicago. Lived there for 26 years. Then moved to South Bend, IN, where we received even MORE snow and ice (due to lake effect). I now live in New England. I wish it would snow MORE!

The TINY bits of cold, snow and ice the U.S. has received this winter is nothing. Give me that ANY time over 90 degrees F heat with 90% summer humidity! You want to hear me swear up a storm, let me walk for 10 minutes in that heat and humidity, when my fresh clothes are now dripping with sweat and I need a shower 30 seconds after taking one.

If you really hate the cold, move south!
__________________
doctorwho is online now  
Old 01-31-2002, 06:07 PM   #15
The Fly
 
Zooman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 156
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Well, my school called at 6:15, but nobody answered, i would have, but my phone is all the way across the room. So then it's 7:00, and I'm rushing to help my parents shovel the snow so I can get a ride to school. I go inside for a brak, my friend calls, and I found out we have a snow day. So next time, I'll sleep near the phone when it starts to snow.
__________________

__________________
Zooman91 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com