SNOW DAY!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool! you snowed in then?

*starts a snow ball fight*

biggrin.gif

My university doesn't open til noon, and my class today is at 10:30, so I'm having a snow day too!

Only, there's not really any snow here.

*throws ice*

Hmmm...it's just not the same.
smile.gif

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

I'm having a snow day too!

Since I also work at the college, no work for me either!
smile.gif

And...most importantly...no accounting test!!!!!!

However...we're having bad accidents around here because of the weather...I've already heard reports of one man dead.
frown.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

This is what sucks about living a 5 minute walk away from work! I have absolutely no excuse for not being here.

Am playing with you in spririt, Spinning!
smile.gif

some people here are so wiggity-wacked out over the snow you'd have thought they'd never seen it before. it's pretty funny.

SO its really damned cold here and there is snow up to my knees and cars are stuck under the snow that was thrown over them in order to clear the streets and you're walking in nothing but 2 inches of ice and slush, slippin around.... and I still had school. Bastards!! Grant it I live across the street, but if you're gonna make me go to school, why not clear the pathways so I don't BREAK MY NECK?!?!?

------------------
Southern playalistic

Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
but if you're gonna make me go to school, why not clear the pathways so I don't BREAK MY NECK?!?!?

i'll agree with ya there - i did get some serious sludge in my shoes this morning.

SO its really damned cold here and there is snow up to my knees and cars are stuck under the snow that was thrown over them in order to clear the streets and you're walking in nothing but 2 inches of ice and slush, slippin around.... and I still had school. Bastards!! Grant it I live across the street, but if you're gonna make me go to school, why not clear the pathways so I don't BREAK MY NECK?!?!?

Tell me about it. They haven't even cleared some of the sidewalks of the six inches of snow that piled up, so I had to walk in the dirty, slushy street halfway to work. Charming.
rolleyes.gif

Yesterday was even better. There was a snowstorm going on during my 30 minute walk to work. I'm pretty sure I put on a black coat before I left, but by the time I walked in the door, I was so encrusted in snow and ice that I looked like a freaking snow angel. Or perhaps snow devil would be a more appropriate term, judging from the growls and expletives that I subsequently uttered.

And school? They don't cancel classes here...EVER! You just go and hope that the prof was as tenacious as you in braving whatever meteorological delight mother nature decides to whip up.

Oh, I love Chicago...

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Tell me about it. They haven't even cleared some of the sidewalks of the six inches of snow that piled up, so I had to walk in the dirty, slushy street halfway to work. Charming.
rolleyes.gif

Yesterday was even better. There was a snowstorm going on during my 30 minute walk to work. I'm pretty sure I put on a black coat before I left, but by the time I walked in the door, I was so encrusted in snow and ice that I looked like a freaking snow angel. Or perhaps snow devil would be a more appropriate term, judging from the growls and expletives that I subsequently uttered.

And school? They don't cancel classes here...EVER! You just go and hope that the prof was as tenacious as you in braving whatever meteorological delight mother nature decides to whip up.

Oh, I love Chicago...
Girl, I'm totally here in Chi-town with you. This needs to end!!! GRRR!!!

------------------
Southern playalistic

LOL, BC, that happened to me last night. I shoveled for an hour and a half only to have my mom come home and tell me we were getting more overnight!
eek.gif

We are snowed in here totally. My mom didn't go to work today, and it looks like I'll be stuck here tomorrow too.

Blargh....I like snow but this is ridiculous.
mad.gif

------------------
My scream got lost in a paper cup...

Girl, I'm totally here in Chi-town with you. This needs to end!!! GRRR!!!

For the love of...

I grew up in Chicago. Lived there for 26 years. Then moved to South Bend, IN, where we received even MORE snow and ice (due to lake effect). I now live in New England. I wish it would snow MORE!

The TINY bits of cold, snow and ice the U.S. has received this winter is nothing. Give me that ANY time over 90 degrees F heat with 90% summer humidity! You want to hear me swear up a storm, let me walk for 10 minutes in that heat and humidity, when my fresh clothes are now dripping with sweat and I need a shower 30 seconds after taking one.

If you really hate the cold, move south!

Well, my school called at 6:15, but nobody answered, i would have, but my phone is all the way across the room. So then it's 7:00, and I'm rushing to help my parents shovel the snow so I can get a ride to school. I go inside for a brak, my friend calls, and I found out we have a snow day. So next time, I'll sleep near the phone when it starts to snow.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I just finished almost an hour and a half of shoveling, and I still only got about 3/4 of it done. I called my dad at work to see if it was okay if I just stopped were I was. His response?

"Kate, we have a snow blower. I was gonna snow blow when I got home...you didn't have to shovel at all."

Dammit. *lol*

Ain't that a bitch?
biggrin.gif

Well, on the brighter side, just think of the great workout you got shoveling all that snow. Much better than me--I've been in front of the computron all day, eating and eating and eating. Mmmmm....Little Caesar's...

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

I just finished almost an hour and a half of shoveling, and I still only got about 3/4 of it done. I called my dad at work to see if it was okay if I just stopped were I was. His response?

"Kate, we have a snow blower. I was gonna snow blow when I got home...you didn't have to shovel at all."

Dammit. *lol*

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by doctorwho:

For the love of...

I grew up in Chicago. Lived there for 26 years. Then moved to South Bend, IN, where we received even MORE snow and ice (due to lake effect). I now live in New England. I wish it would snow MORE!

The TINY bits of cold, snow and ice the U.S. has received this winter is nothing. Give me that ANY time over 90 degrees F heat with 90% summer humidity! You want to hear me swear up a storm, let me walk for 10 minutes in that heat and humidity, when my fresh clothes are now dripping with sweat and I need a shower 30 seconds after taking one.

See, thats the thing. I'm FROM the south. I'm just here for university, and I CAN"T TAKE IT NO MORE!!!

------------------
Southern playalistic

Originally posted by doctorwho:

For the love of...

I don't think I could possibly agree more with any statement. You can always put on more clothes to warm up. On a humid day in August, I could strip down to nothing and still sweat like a pig. Bring on the snow!

------------------
"The Edge is a great singer. Let's get the Edge up here." - Bono, 9/23/97, Sarajevo

"Brian Eno. Edge." - Bono, 09/12/95, Modena

"Edge." - Bono, 05/01/2001, Minneapolis

"You made my day, now you have to sleep in it." - TMBG

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
I don't think I could possibly agree more with any statement. You can always put on more clothes to warm up. On a humid day in August, I could strip down to nothing and still sweat like a pig. Bring on the snow!

But in the summer you can always get to where you want to go. I hate it when the snow interfers with my life.

------------------
***Spinny***
Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????

Back
Top Bottom