SNOW DAY!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2002, 08:28 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick:
I just finished almost an hour and a half of shoveling, and I still only got about 3/4 of it done. I called my dad at work to see if it was okay if I just stopped were I was. His response?

"Kate, we have a snow blower. I was gonna snow blow when I got home...you didn't have to shovel at all."

Dammit. *lol*

Ain't that a bitch?

Well, on the brighter side, just think of the great workout you got shoveling all that snow. Much better than me--I've been in front of the computron all day, eating and eating and eating. Mmmmm....Little Caesar's...

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Old 02-01-2002, 03:43 AM   #17
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:39 PM
I just finished almost an hour and a half of shoveling, and I still only got about 3/4 of it done. I called my dad at work to see if it was okay if I just stopped were I was. His response?

"Kate, we have a snow blower. I was gonna snow blow when I got home...you didn't have to shovel at all."

Dammit. *lol*

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Old 02-01-2002, 01:17 PM   #18
The Fly

Location: on the other side of the world where people walk upside down
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho:

For the love of...

I grew up in Chicago. Lived there for 26 years. Then moved to South Bend, IN, where we received even MORE snow and ice (due to lake effect). I now live in New England. I wish it would snow MORE!

The TINY bits of cold, snow and ice the U.S. has received this winter is nothing. Give me that ANY time over 90 degrees F heat with 90% summer humidity! You want to hear me swear up a storm, let me walk for 10 minutes in that heat and humidity, when my fresh clothes are now dripping with sweat and I need a shower 30 seconds after taking one.

If you really hate the cold, move south!
See, thats the thing. I'm FROM the south. I'm just here for university, and I CAN"T TAKE IT NO MORE!!!

------------------
Southern playalistic
Old 02-01-2002, 01:23 PM   #19
War Child

Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho:

For the love of...

I grew up in Chicago. Lived there for 26 years. Then moved to South Bend, IN, where we received even MORE snow and ice (due to lake effect). I now live in New England. I wish it would snow MORE!

The TINY bits of cold, snow and ice the U.S. has received this winter is nothing. Give me that ANY time over 90 degrees F heat with 90% summer humidity! You want to hear me swear up a storm, let me walk for 10 minutes in that heat and humidity, when my fresh clothes are now dripping with sweat and I need a shower 30 seconds after taking one.

If you really hate the cold, move south!
I don't think I could possibly agree more with any statement. You can always put on more clothes to warm up. On a humid day in August, I could strip down to nothing and still sweat like a pig. Bring on the snow!

------------------
"The Edge is a great singer. Let's get the Edge up here." - Bono, 9/23/97, Sarajevo

"Brian Eno. Edge." - Bono, 09/12/95, Modena

"Edge." - Bono, 05/01/2001, Minneapolis

"You made my day, now you have to sleep in it." - TMBG
Old 02-01-2002, 01:40 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
I don't think I could possibly agree more with any statement. You can always put on more clothes to warm up. On a humid day in August, I could strip down to nothing and still sweat like a pig. Bring on the snow!

But in the summer you can always get to where you want to go. I hate it when the snow interfers with my life.

------------------
***Spinny***
Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????