Snoring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
Here's some questions I have about snoring:

1) Does anyone actually enjoy listening to someone snore while trying to get some sleep?

2) Would you ever break-up with your b/f or g/f because they snored?

3) What are the best methods to quell snoring?

4) Is it okay to smack a snorer across the face in order to stop the INSANITY!!!!! :mad:

(In case you're wondering why I'm bringing up this subject let me explain. I'm home for Thanksgiving and I'm sharing a room with my sister. WHY? Because those parents of mine converted MY room into an office 4 years ago. Urgh! Anyway. it's 3:30am and I attempted to sleep at 1am, but spent over an hour and a half tossing and turning due to my sis's incessant snorefest. I couldn't take it anymore, so I'm biding my time on the internet until I can fall asleep. And you know what? It's starting to work) Yawn..... :crack:

Lol you poor thing :D

1) No
2) No
3) Its my unlearned belief that lying on your side or stomach can help prevent snoring, knowing the worst snorers I am in contact with snore worse on their backs.
4) Um, perhaps no again lol. Could you get a spray bottle and squirt her when she gets too loud? Maybe a broom or something to nudge her with....Maybe get a walkman/discman?

Sweet dreams Dano!!

1) Sometimes it can lull you to sleep. But if it gets too loud you just have to kick the person off the bed. :|

2) No.

3) Kicking them into their stomach (veeeeeery good method), kicking them off the bed, yelling at them (also very good :D ).

4) Definitely. :|

When John and I are together...he says that I snore. :uhoh:

Plus I drool on our pillows and on him. :reject:

And I thrash in my sleep.

And I steal the covers.

He doesn't care though. :D

I cant fall asleep when someone is snoring. If i'm already asleep and someone snores i'm fine. But yeah. I dont know what i'll do if my significant other falls asleep before me and snores. i'll never get any sleep and i'll be

:crazy: :crack: :mad: :scream:

and i have a paranoia about myself snoring. I've been told i dont, but what if one time i did? and kept someone awake? I'd be so embarassed and feel really bad.

I can say one thing, April is snore free. In fact, shes so quiet and still when she sleeps that i worried if she was still alive or not more than once. Good on ya april! :wave:

yes i have slept in the same bed as april...rowr :sexywink:

Last edited:
I'm so glad baby doesnt snore

1) No
2) No
3) Poke em, and push em over to their side
4) Just stuff a pillow over their face.. and wear earplugs

I read somewhere that snoring is a symptom of obesity or a sign of lack of exercise. :shrug:

:no: you mean I have to have surgery fix my snoring?? *whimper* I completely admit that I am one of those noisy snorers. Especially when I have a cold! I guess I'm gonna be sleeping alone for the rest of my life. *sniff* :( -=Cleasai

My daddy snores and when he does if hes snoring on the sofa we run over and tickle him in the neck but then my mum gets angry and says we r gonna kill him and he will stop breathing- but it always seems to work cus he gets really angry and wakens up

theSoulfulMofo said:
I read somewhere that snoring is a symptom of obesity or a sign of lack of exercise. :shrug:

:hmm: no, I'm not obese and I excercise everyday...but I admit I snore like a train sometimes. It usually happens when my allergies are acting up or when I've had too much alcohol.

I was sharing a hotel room with my 2 sister-in-laws once and I woke up and saw them sitting up in bed laughing at me because I was snoring so loud...now I won't share a room with anyone but my husband and my own sister :reject:

Other people's snorning doesn't bother me though..it puts me to sleep.

aww sharing a room with your sis, sweet, even if she does snore

my hub is thin and snores and snores and snores.I used to connect and browse here until I was so fatigued I 'd just collapse...but that had to stop.
I agree with angela about position. In my experience the snoring is far worse when he is on his back , so he gets the elbow to roll onto his side. That stops it...for a while. I can see why some old married couples end up with separate rooms. I myself never snore, fart or tell long meandering stories about curious topics ......at dawn!!( soothing background noise)My old man does shift work,we keep weird hours, I don't sleep much. I love to see him tucked up and catching up on zzzz's. I go to great lengths to try to ensure he gets good sleep.
"....and while you sleep i will miss you"
speaking of which...I am sleep deprived right now.

maybe record your sister and play it back to her in the morning, slowed down, backwards...put a feather under her nose and watch it go up and down, hours of fun for the imsomniacs.

cass.....shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

utup good luck.

here's a toughie.....my dog snores. LOUDLY. i have repeatedly tried to get her out of bed, but when i do, and she pretends to be asleep on the floor and then i fall asleep, she jumps back in bed.

her preferred spot is up on my pillow next to my face. She's small.

She snores like a water buffalo.

I have to keep waking her up to shut her up. It's hard to tell a dog you love them but hate their snoring.

elizabeth said:
here's a toughie.....my dog snores. LOUDLY. i have repeatedly tried to get her out of bed, but when i do, and she pretends to be asleep on the floor and then i fall asleep, she jumps back in bed.

her preferred spot is up on my pillow next to my face. She's small.

She snores like a water buffalo.

I have to keep waking her up to shut her up. It's hard to tell a dog you love them but hate their snoring.

:lmao:

My kitty Whiskers is really old...sometimes, she has funny kinda jagged sounded breathin' while she's sleepin', and we share pillows...I'll pet her to wake her up, but then she just goes right back at it. :D

Bonochick said:

I'll pet her to wake her up, but then she just goes right back at it. :D

so you think it's funny bonochick??:angry:
:wink:
oh well, you do the same thing i do with the petting...but it doesn't help you either....we'll just suffer along.

*SIGH*

i've been told that sometimes it sounds like i struggling to breath when i sleep then i'll let out a big exhale. is that messed up or what?

1) No. Never. :crazy:

2) No. Never. :sad:

3) Get them some Claritin (now over the counter! :lol: ) Or a BreatheRight strip. Or get an air purifier.

4) No - physical violence is never okay. I generally lightly push the person to roll over on their side or get them some water. :)

Ali Rose said:

and i have a paranoia about myself snoring. I've been told i dont, but what if one time i did? and kept someone awake? I'd be so embarassed and feel really bad.

I can say one thing, April is snore free. In fact, shes so quiet and still when she sleeps that i worried if she was still alive or not more than once. Good on ya april! :wave:

yes i have slept in the same bed as april...rowr :sexywink:

Hehe, thanks, girlie. :cute:

Tiff is also snore free....just a handy tip for any guys out there. ;)

April...Tiff..........

Get a room...preferably one that's NOT at my house! :mad:

Keep that smuttin' outta this house! :p

:wave:

Last edited:
Snoring is definitely a deal-breaker in a relationship for me. He snores, it's over. I can't listen to that nonsense for the rest of my life. Not no way. Not nohow. Plus I have this theory that snoring is a really bad sign. Like maybe it's really about passive-aggressiveness, or some kind of repressed anger, or like a control-freak issue (trying to control me even while he sleeps). Yeah, you laugh, but you know I'm on to something. Just think about those snorers in your life...hmm... :shifty: (except for bonochick and cass's husband and elizabeth's dog, of course :tongue:).

Back
Top Bottom