SNL finale and Ferrells last episode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
Thoughts?

I'm very sad Will is leaving. He had so many funny skits.

Celebrity Jeopardy on saturday night was pretty funny. Especially bjork and sean connery.

"I love all the people from all the lands...hehehehehe"

on the whole, however, there have been much better shows. They should have made it more a tribute to Will than they did.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I must say that I'm not quite as disappointed as yourself. Will Ferrel is most likely onto bigger and better things as was Adam Sandler when he left SNL. This also allows for new talent to surface on the show. Currently, there's not nearly as many humorous people as there was during the Chris Farley, Adam Sandler period.

well, he was in every skit....

I thought the show sucked. It was not a way for Will to go out.

Moby was ok. I don't think his music works well live. His album is decent though.

That was, argueably, the golden age.
Every skit was near gold

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I thought the finale was disappointing too.

Winona seemed to be wacked out on drugs, and she looked frumpy.

I did not crack one smile during the show.
Can't wait for next season.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 05-20-2002).]

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
I thought the finale was disappointing too.

Winona seemed to be wacked out on drugs, and she looked frumpy.

I did not crack on smile during the show.
Can't wait for next season.

I was also disappointed with the last show of the season. The skits were not that happy, and I was hoping that Will would of done a George W. Bush skit.

Sorry I meant funny.
biggrin.gif

Hmm. There were some funny moments, but it wasn?t a standout show really. The Jeapordy parody was fun, and it was a nice touch to have the real Alex Trebeck show up. One thing I didn?t ?get? was the last tribute to Will in which Tracy goes off on him. I mean, I know it?s supposed to be funny but it just didn?t make me laugh. I did like the skit in which Mango gets arrested for shoplifting and Winona has a ?Free Mango? Tshirt on.
biggrin.gif

It was a crappy show to end the season and Will's run. I didn't like the Mango skit at all, and Winona...erm, I'll keep my comments to myself.
tongue.gif

I loved Celebrity Jeopardy, though, and the sight of Jimmy Fallon in a hot tub.
wink.gif

------------------
Let's pray for something
To feel good in the morning

I agree it wasn't the greatest show, but some parts are funny...I'm sad that I won't get a weekly laugh from Will Ferrell, but I think he is going to be just as great if not better on the big screen; in my opinion he was the funniest thing about 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back'

"...the most dangerous animal in the world!"
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"You changed me--and I thank you for that." -Bono 11/5/01

WWJND?

I thought it was ok.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Back
Top Bottom