SNL 25 Years of Music - Performances & Sketches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fah

Blue Crack Addict
Saturday Night Live 25 Years of Music - Performances and Sketches

I bought this 5 DVD boxed set last week and it's great. There are just over 6 hours of musical performances and sketches from the years 1975 to 2000.

Musical acts include:
Billy Joel (Only The Good Die Young), Carly Simon (You're So Vain), Grateful Dead (Casey Jones), Simon and Garfunkel (The Boxer), Mick Jagger and Peter Tosh (Don't Look Back), The Band (The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down), Patti Smith (Gloria), Tina Turner (You Better Be Good To Me), James Brown (I Got You), Randy Newman (I Love LA), Queen (Crazy Little Thing Called Love), The Go-Go's (We Got The Beat), Rick James (Super Freak), Talking Heads (Take Me To The River), John Mellencamp (Pink Houses), Duran Duran (Hungry Like The Wolf), The Bangles (Hazy Shade Of Winter), Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Free Fallin'), Neil Young (Rockin' In The Free World), The Pretenders (Don't Get Me Wrong), Roy Orbison (O Pretty Woman), Fine Young Canibals (She Drives Me Crazy), Sting (We'll Be Together), Paul Simon (Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes), Elvis Costello (Veronica and Less Than Zero/Radio Radio), Ray Charles (What'd I Say), REM (Losing My Religion), Madonna (Fever), Aretha Franklin (Chain Of Fools), Eric Clapton (Wonderful Tonight), Nirvana (Rape Me), Paul McCartney (Hey Jude), En Vogue (Free Your Mind), Counting Crows (Round Here), Bruce Springsteen (Living Proof), Live (I Alone), Blind Melon (No Rain), Sinead O'Connor (War), Mariah Carey (Butterfly), No Doubt (Don't Speak), Alanis Morrissette (Hand In My Pocket), Spice Girls (Wannabe), Garbage (Special), Jewel (Who Will Save Your Soul), Hanson (Mmm Bop), Beck (Where It's At), Snoop Doggy Dogg (Snoopy's Upside Your Head), Metallica (Fuel), Garth Brooks (Two Pina Coladas), Dave Matthews Band (What Would You Say), Backstreet Boys (All I Have To Give), Ricky Martin (Livin' La Vida Loca), and Paula Cole (I Don't Want To Wait).

The bonus track on the DVD #5 is U2 (Elevation). Bono running past Val Kilmer and singing/saying 'Light My Fire is an added bonus.

The musical sketches include classics like:
Spinal Tap and the Blue Brothers
The Celine Dion Show
Weed Doctor
King Tut
The Beatles Offer
Stevie Wonder - Kannon Camera
James Browns Hot Tub
Big Suit
Wayne's World
Chippendales
Choppin Broccoli
Sinatra Group
The Liar
Little Richard Simmons Show
Ebony and Ivory
The Chris Farley Show
Red Hooded Sweatshirt

The only things missing: Adam Sandler as Opera Man and the Hannukah Song.

If you are a SNL fan, you will love this boxed set.

I liked it when Aerosmith played the parts of pirates or something from those days. Did you know Bono was asked to do a mango skit but refused?

Back
Top Bottom